Congress In Jail?

bbsam

Staff member
That's not the point.....Buck wants to do it totally that way.....so fire the congress and find a crown!!

His words, not mine........

"We can't wait for Congress to do its job. So where they won't act, I will," Obama told students at the University of Colorado-Denver. "We're going to look every single day to figure out what we can do without Congress."
moreluck, that is what the executive order is. It has nothing to do with congress other than to bypass them. President Bush and Clinton did it often.

The "right" , like the C9ers are the only ones trying to make exec orders an issue. As BB said, they try to treat it like its something new, but look at the actual record of exec orders by presidents.
List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

George Bush had a ton of them!

Peace
I didn't like it when Bush did it, when Clinton did it or any of the others. I didn't like it when Perry tried it as governor.
However as Moreluck has said, it seems that zer0bama and the dems are setting it up for him to be the one and only law maker. He seems to relishing in the idea of E.O.

Although some E.O. are pretty much harmless and cost nothing, have no averse affect, some can be life changers and not in the good way.

bbsam

Staff member
I didn't like it when Bush did it, when Clinton did it or any of the others. I didn't like it when Perry tried it as governor.
However as Moreluck has said, it seems that zer0bama and the dems are setting it up for him to be the one and only law maker. He seems to relishing in the idea of E.O.

Although some E.O. are pretty much harmless and cost nothing, have no averse affect, some can be life changers and not in the good way.

bbsam

Staff member

I think congress should realize then that a "do nothing" stance won't be tolerated. Clinton suggested that he use it to raise the debt ceiling and leave it to the courts to decide. Clinton saw the futility that is personified by congress and Obama sees it too.

I think congress should realize then that a "do nothing" stance won't be tolerated. Clinton suggested that he use it to raise the debt ceiling and leave it to the courts to decide. Clinton saw the futility that is personified by congress and Obama sees it too.
Yea, you're probably right, congress should realize that zer0 is hell bent to have his way regardless of anything. They should just vote yes on anything he wants. Then when the country is finally bankrupt and in total financial collapse he can blame it on congress for not knowing better. Either that or blame it on bush. Yep, you're right...I give up....

bbsam

Staff member
It wouldn't surprise me one bit for that to happen, in fact it has happened before with the Dems all disappearing for a week or so to stop a vote. Not much different in my books.
Both sides are guilty of refusing to compromise, negotiate or even let a good bill pass. Both sides are also guilty of adding little "pieces of gold" to a bill that they full well know will keep it from being passed just so they can play the "obstruction" or " the party of NO" cards against the others.
No, Trp. It's not about Obama getting everything he wants. Hell, you and others have pointed out that he couldn't get it while the D's held the House. But when the aim is to keep Obama from getting anything because, well, because he's Obama, I can understand why the president would sidestep them. You can't really say the House Tea Party has been willing to negotiate one bit. I wouldn't be surprised if secretly Boehner is on board with the president on this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No, Trp. It's not about Obama getting everything he wants. Hell, you and others have pointed out that he couldn't get it while the D's held the House. But when the aim is to keep Obama from getting anything because, well, because he's Obama, I can understand why the president would sidestep them. You can't really say the House Tea Party has been willing to negotiate one bit. I wouldn't be surprised if secretly Boehner is on board with the president on this.

You bet your bottom dollar Boehner is hoping OBAMA uses the E.O. to handle business. That takes HIM off the hook. He wont look like the complete jerk that he is appearing as. His party of NO will all be replaced in 2012 now that their approval rating as republicans is at 5%.

The whoopla over the tea party has passed, and the american public is seeing that was a huge mistake.

peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You bet your bottom dollar Boehner is hoping OBAMA uses the E.O. to handle business. That takes HIM off the hook. He wont look like the complete jerk that he is appearing as. His party of NO will all be replaced in 2012 now that their approval rating as republicans is at 5%.

The whoopla over the tea party has passed, and the american public is seeing that was a huge mistake.

peace.
The only "hoopla" is OWS.. The Tea Party is quiet......like a torpedo from a submarine .

bbsam

Staff member
I just thought torpedo was more proper than lady farts.........both are quiet and lethal!!
as every 10 year old boy knows, those are called "silent but deadlies (sbd's)", not limited to ladies, and the source of hours of raucus laughter.

It most certainly is about zer0bama getting what he wants. Not everything he wants is good for the country and those are what the "party of NO" want to prevent. If it was all about the Tea Party reps not negotiating and blocking everything , there would be no new laws....period...since the mid term elections. There has been several times that the negotiations were going well and all of a sudden zer0bama changes the bar. That would make him the NO president. He is as unwilling to negotiate as the more conservative house reps. Every dang bill proposed had has amendments that are irrelevant to the main purpose of the bill (by both sides) that make the bill then impossible to pass by one side or the other. It's not JUST the republicans.

Bottom line is with the abuse of E.O., there isn't much of a way to stop a run away train.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes. It isn't JUST the republicans. But the party of "No" isn't even thinking about negotiating. The payroll tax debacle proved that. Need more proof? Assume it is as you say. Let's say at the last moment Obama moved the bar on the debt ceiling negotiations. Boehner has two options. First he can say, "Look, this is where we were last night. Take it or leave it.". Or he could simply walk away from the table. He did the latter. Why? Because he is leading a caucus that wants nothing to do with deals, no matter how good they are.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yes. It isn't JUST the republicans. But the party of "No" isn't even thinking about negotiating. The payroll tax debacle proved that. Need more proof? Assume it is as you say. Let's say at the last moment Obama moved the bar on the debt ceiling negotiations. Boehner has two options. First he can say, "Look, this is where we were last night. Take it or leave it.". Or he could simply walk away from the table. He did the latter. Why? Because he is leading a caucus that wants nothing to do with deals, no matter how good they are.

Recess appointments are only suppose to be made during recesses. Congress is not in recess, they are in 'proforma' (sp) now, not recess.