Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs

Yes, that is true, in dollar amounts, since you have the largest population.
If you go by percent of GDP or by capita, the US does not come close to donating the most.
here, from 2005, (as you can see in billions, the US is on top, GB second).

20110409_INC510.gif

Anyways, you are forking out less foreign aid as a tax payer belonging to the US, then those of GB, Sweden, and even Canada.
For example, if everyone in a small town of 1000 people donated $1000 each = $1 Mill.
Now if the same charity event took place in a big city with 1.2 Million people and each donated $1 dollar, (= 1.2 Mill), you cannot say that the average townsfolk donated less !
Well now tell me genius, which would you figure the people of Uganda would prefer....a million from the US or 100,000 from canada, regardless of the per person amount?

klein

Für Meno :)
Atleast do your math right, it would be $168.874 from Canada compared to 1 Mill from the US.
But, I get your point, you just don't get mine. No problem, it's understandable.

Atleast do your math right, it would be $168.874 from Canada compared to 1 Mill from the US.
But, I get your point, you just don't get mine. No problem, it's understandable.
Again Einstien, pull your head out. The numbers I posted were clearly made up to demonstrate the obvious, I never intended them be taken as literal.
And I got your point, per person in respective to some other countries the US doesn't give the same %, but....no.. BUT...it isn't % that buys what is needed it is the bottom line dollar.

wkmac

Again Einstien, pull your head out. The numbers I posted were clearly made up to demonstrate the obvious, I never intended them be taken as literal.
And I got your point, per person in respective to some other countries the US doesn't give the same %, but....no.. BUT...it isn't % that buys what is needed it is the bottom line dollar.

Now trplnkl, tell me in all honesty, who is really at greater fault here. Klein for not understanding the point you were trying to make or you for thinking that Klein could understand it all in the first place. I'm just sayin'...........

:happy-very:

You people should really stop torturing yourselves and in time it will all go away. Trust me!
:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Seems like we alway speak of debt as a percentage of GDP. Why not hold charitable giving to the same standard?

Now trplnkl, tell me in all honesty, who is really at greater fault here. Klein for not understanding the point you were trying to make or you for thinking that Klein could understand it all in the first place. I'm just sayin'...........

:happy-very:

You people should really stop torturing yourselves and in time it will all go away. Trust me!
When you are right you are right.

Seems like we alway speak of debt as a percentage of GDP. Why not hold charitable giving to the same standard?
The point that was being made was that the US gave more money in charitable donations and the republicans gave more than the democrats, right? That is clearly talking about the USA, not canada, not the UK or germany or any other country. Then weiner boy comes along and spins into something the post was not even about.
The post was about donations not the national debt, the % of GDP is irrelevant in the discussion so why even use it?

bbsam

Staff member
It is relevant because Biblically, Jesus said it is relevant. Are we as a nation the Pharisee that puts several silver coins in the offering plate for all to see, or the widow that places her last penny. To paraphrase, "Of those with much, much is expected." So, no. For believers and non-believers alike, the Bible has suggestions to make about our daily lives as individuals and the collective. You didn't think it was a bunch of old "fairy tales" used to scare kids into behaving, did you?

klein

People like Trinkle probably brag to their part time co-workers that by giving 2% of his paycheck to United Way, he gives more then the PT'mer that gives away 5% every paycheck !
Maybe I should find the facts of charitable donations by State, and I garuantee you debt ridden California donates more then tiny weathier Vermont. or Alaska.
Simple because of the population difference. By income, it's probably vice-versa.

Oh well, back to the point : Republicans say donated sperm and eggs are human life, once the egg becomes fertilized. Therefor they are against Embroyolic Stemcell research.
On the other hand, most wouldn't hesitant to shoot and kill any unarmed trespasser or an intruder looking for gasoline in their garages.

Now, my point is, which egg or sperm donator will shed a tear for whatever may happen to their donation ?
And how many tears will be shed, from losing a loved one, because a person, (Human), did 1 stupid thing and got shot to death ?
How many human lives have been taken going into war with Iraq and Afghanistan by the Republican President ?
Of course, then there is also the death penality.

So, something that isn't even breathing yet, or has no limbs nor bones, seems more protected under a conservative regime then any full functioning human body !

wkmac

People like Trinkle probably brag to their part time co-workers that by giving 2% of his paycheck to United Way, he gives more then the PT'mer that gives away 5% every paycheck !

Now this is pure rumor mind you but I've heard, and it's from a well known source close to this forum, that not only does he do the above but he also wears a Confederacy uniform and rides a white horse at work while patrolling his underlings in his work area. And again, the rumor is he even has been known to use a whip!

Now I wonder what kind of person here would start such a rumor!

:innocent:

moreluck

golden ticket member
K,

When you start a paragraph with "Now my point is..." That's when you lose most of us.

And, how come you know so much about sperm donation ?????

wkmac

K,

When you start a paragraph with "Now my point is..." That's when you lose most of us.

And, how come you know so much about sperm donation ?????

I'm surprised More, really I am. I would have thought he would lose you the moment he hit "reply". I'm impressed you actually admit you stay with him that far!

Now I'm running like hell away from this thread because I fear he's gonna answer that last question you posed. Once things return to normal, you're in for a group arse whooping for even going there!

Damn you woman!:happy-very:

Maybe I should find the facts of charitable donations by State, and I garuantee you debt ridden California donates more then tiny weathier Vermont. or Alaska.
Simple because of the population difference. By income, it's probably vice-versa.

Oh well, back to the point : Republicans say donated sperm and eggs are human life, once the egg becomes fertilized. Therefor they are against Embroyolic Stemcell research.
On the other hand, most wouldn't hesitant to shoot and kill any unarmed trespasser or an intruder looking for gasoline in their garages.

Now, my point is, which egg or sperm donator will shed a tear for whatever may happen to their donation ?
And how many tears will be shed, from losing a loved one, because a person, (Human), did 1 stupid thing and got shot to death ?
How many human lives have been taken going into war with Iraq and Afghanistan by the Republican President ?
Of course, then there is also the death penality.

So, something that isn't even breathing yet, or has no limbs nor bones, seems more protected under a conservative regime then any full functioning human body !

Kleenex, it is good to see that your imagination and propensity for making up lies is still intact.
It is a fact that in the highest year of my 23 at UPS I donated $52 dollars, period to UW and that was only in two of those years. For me, charity is a private matter and is no one else's business. The ones I help never know me nor do I know them and no one but me knows what I do in that matter)not even the tax man). Brag? Not in my nature, especially in the avenue of charitable donations. Find anything you want, I couldn't care less.
Just for argument sake let's say you are correct, "
Maybe I should find the facts of charitable donations by State, and I garuantee you debt ridden California donates more then tiny weathier Vermont. or Alaska.". Given that, who's donations do you think a charity would rather have if they could only choose one?

Now this is pure rumor mind you but I've heard, and it's from a well known source close to this forum, that not only does he do the above but he also wears a Confederacy uniform and rides a white horse at work while patrolling his underlings in his work area. And again, the rumor is he even has been known to use a whip!

Now I wonder what kind of person here would start such a rumor!

:innocent:
That would have to be you....or maybe me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tex, I appluad your devotion to charitable giving and agree that it is no one's business other than your own; however, you are shortchanging yourself by not taking advantage of the tax benefits associated with charitable donations. If you don't want to realize a net gain then simply increase your charitable giving to offset the tax benefit.

P

pickup

Just to set it straight.
Read my previos post again, please !

I said "people like you" !
Not "you"
There is a difference, you know ?

He was addressing his comments to "Kleenex", not "Klein", there is a difference you know. Or is there?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
On Energy

Liberals:

Oil is a depleting resource. Other sources of energy must be explored. The government must produce a national plan for all energy resources and subsidize (partially pay for) alternative energy research and production.
Support increased exploration of alternative energy sources such as wind and solar power.
Support government control of gas and electric industries.

Conservatives:

Oil, gas and coal are all good sources of energy and are abundant in the U.S. Oil drilling should be increased both on land and at sea. Increased domestic production creates lower prices and less dependence on other countries for oil.
Support increased production of nuclear energy. Wind and solar sources will never provide plentiful, affordable sources of power.
Support private ownership of gas and electric industries.

klein

I mentioned it before, but here I go again :
The government subsidy that Germany and China did for green energy paid itself already off.
The US invented Solarcells, but did nothing with it. That's when Germany and China went into full production with help of their governments.

100,000+ Clean Energy Jobs, Says Germany

by Susan DeFreitas, June 18th, 2011

While the U.S. solar has shown hopeful signs of growth over the last year, despite the struggling economy, the German solar photovoltaic (PV) industry has all but exploded, and currently employs more workers than steel production in the USA.

Germany continues to confirm its leadership role in renewable energies as the solar photovoltaic market will soon enter the grid parity era,” said Thomas Grigoleit, renewable energies expert at Germany Trade & Invest in Berlin, in a statement. ”Political support for solar power is unwavering and industry players are already preparing for innovative new business models. Now is an excellent time to invest in Germany.”

Oh, and btw, now it's Germany, Italy & Switzerland that have declared to be free of nuclear energy by 2025.

I mentioned it before, but here I go again :
The government subsidy that Germany and China did for green energy paid itself already off.
The US invented Solarcells, but did nothing with it. That's when Germany and China went into full production with help of their governments.

100,000+ Clean Energy Jobs, Says Germany

by Susan DeFreitas, June 18th, 2011

While the U.S. solar has shown hopeful signs of growth over the last year, despite the struggling economy, the German solar photovoltaic (PV) industry has all but exploded, and currently employs more workers than steel production in the USA.

Germany continues to confirm its leadership role in renewable energies as the solar photovoltaic market will soon enter the grid parity era,” said Thomas Grigoleit, renewable energies expert at Germany Trade & Invest in Berlin, in a statement. ”Political support for solar power is unwavering and industry players are already preparing for innovative new business models. Now is an excellent time to invest in Germany.”

Oh, and btw, now it's Germany, Italy & Switzerland that have declared to be free of nuclear energy by 2025.
While this might be interesting to some people it is off topic for this thread.