Considering not being a package delivery driver

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I wouldn't pick ups if I were doing it over either.

I'd be a heavy machinery operator.

Always in demand, that's for sure. Sooner or later, I bet, businesses will figure out a way to get low cost immigrants in those jobs, like they have in tech. Maybe not, unless they come here trained.

Dracula

No vacation really is the only thing.

Everything else very comparable.

Your time off in the winter is your vacation.

A lot of that high skilled construction work goes on in cold weather too. Not a bad place for a young, unskilled but ambitious person to go.

Dracula

There will always be lazy people. I'm not one of them. I never asked for a freebie,just a chance to work. I always made my own way through life.

Me too. I was always kind of lazy as a young kid, but not when it came to work. Unemployed was nothing I was interested in. I needed weed money, man!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
There was just as many lazy kids back in the day as there are now. The internet amplifies everything. YouTube comments and forums like this prove it. Time and age is the equalizer.
Exactly. They've always been here. Just that now with a substantially higher population in combination with the internet it just makes them much more apparent.

Dracula

huh?

hours eroding away???

to make over $120,000, you must work over 55 hours a week

In feeders, especially working nights, 60 hours is easy. It's not 60 hours package car time. I run vacation cover most of the year, and I'm high enough on the list that I can run mileage 75% of the time. And anything extra on a mileage run, whether that is setting up your own equipment, fueling and washing or doing an extra turn after you're finished, that's all OT. It adds up.

The way I see it, it won't always be there, so I take it now.