Considering not being a package delivery driver

watdaflock?

I've been attending class most of this week and it has just been insane. I have been doing quite well being pretty much at the top of the class but everyday is like a torture session. Knowing the ten point commentary, the eight keys to lifting and lowering, the five keys to preventing slips and falls and the backing rules is not enough. We have to be able to rattle off any part of any one of them exactly word for word and if not we get grilled to the nth degree. Some guys in class get so nervous they turn red and start sweating. Then management starting talking about "stealing his time" if we can't run scratch and getting written up for a tier one after someone whacks the truck because it could of been avoided by parking in a different area while making a delivery.

Consider a career where your only customer interaction is asking if they'd also like french fries.

Foamer Pyle

I've been attending class most of this week and it has just been insane. I have been doing quite well being pretty much at the top of the class but everyday is like a torture session. Knowing the ten point commentary, the eight keys to lifting and lowering, the five keys to preventing slips and falls and the backing rules is not enough. We have to be able to rattle off any part of any one of them exactly word for word and if not we get grilled to the nth degree. Some guys in class get so nervous they turn red and start sweating. Then management starting talking about "stealing his time" if we can't run scratch and getting written up for a tier one after someone whacks the truck because it could of been avoided by parking in a different area while making a delivery.
All I have to say is, all of that stuff is propaganda the company uses to put the employee at fault anytime he or she is injured or involved in an accident. Eight keys to Lifting and lowering is worthless. There is no safe way to lift and lower a gas grill, treadmill, entertainment center, recliner chair, it's all BS. If the company was serious about injuries, they would put lift gates on every car, and order hand carts designed to handle all the huge overweight stuff. Any company that blames an employee for a hit while parked, should give you a good idea of what kind of company UPS is.

Holydriver

Sure you are. Your posts make no sense in any logic.
You're bringing in more than before now that your in school? How much in student loans did that cost you? That's not "income" maroon.

I'm betting you didn't "quit" ups but probably got fired and it stuck. That would explain your huge resentment and chip on your shoulder towards ups and everything associated with it.

Oh and by the way, you couldn't afford my driveway.

Ups is a very small part of "all I have".
well, :censored2:, im a veteran and as a veteran i get paid something called the montgomery GI bill. the montgomery gi bill pays me $2302 a month to go to class. the only stipulation is that i have to attend at least one class in person. so i take one class a week from 6pm until 945pm. furthermore, each semester i am given a $500 stipend for books, parking passes, and other school requirements. the thing is, parking is free after 4pm and books only cost $100 or so for the semester when rented from chegg. you know chegg, the orange boxes you have to deliver. does it now make some sense to you?

i didnt get fired. i was in a good position at UPS, but unfortunately, being in a good position at UPS is a bad thing. have a lot of area knowledge means you get :censored2: on the most. i was hired off the streets i guess you could say. i worked a peak season and my supervisor requested i get hired full time and it worked. a smart man could assume that i was hired like that because i got :censored2: done. but a smart man would also see the horrible existence at UPS and leave it before being stuck. obviously you failed both of those tests. carry on little boy, ive met a lot of people like you. you have a big mouth on you but cant back it up anywhere else. small man syndrome. so keep on barking little dog

Holydriver

Working 10 hrs less each day?? Come on man.. do you realize that makes no sense?
how so? i work 40 hours a week right now. that includes "lunch" hour. 9am to 5pm. monday thru friday. at UPS id work 48-55 hours a week not including up to 5 hours of sitting on my ass in a truck for lunch. how does it not make sense?

Holydriver

Working 10 hrs less each day?? Come on man.. do you realize that makes no sense?
oh yea, tomorrow being the friday before a 3 day weekend we are done at noon. still getting paid the full 8 hours though. every other friday we punch out between 4 and 430. usually 430 but sometimes 4. its nice. you should try it

Orion inc.

I like turtles
well, :censored2:, im a veteran and as a veteran i get paid something called the montgomery GI bill. the montgomery gi bill pays me $2302 a month to go to class. the only stipulation is that i have to attend at least one class in person. so i take one class a week from 6pm until 945pm. furthermore, each semester i am given a $500 stipend for books, parking passes, and other school requirements. the thing is, parking is free after 4pm and books only cost $100 or so for the semester when rented from chegg. you know chegg, the orange boxes you have to deliver. does it now make some sense to you?

i didnt get fired. i was in a good position at UPS, but unfortunately, being in a good position at UPS is a bad thing. have a lot of area knowledge means you get :censored2: on the most. i was hired off the streets i guess you could say. i worked a peak season and my supervisor requested i get hired full time and it worked. a smart man could assume that i was hired like that because i got :censored2: done. but a smart man would also see the horrible existence at UPS and leave it before being stuck. obviously you failed both of those tests. carry on little boy, ive met a lot of people like you. you have a big mouth on you but cant back it up anywhere else. small man syndrome. so keep on barking little dog
So how does that add up to over 100k a year and 10 hours less a day like you claim you make now after ups?

When you go to school, are they teaching math and common sense ?

Because you lack a lot of things.

I really don't care what you think of me. I'm doing real well in life and ups is only a small part of that wealth and happiness. You're still trying figure yours out while I'm already successful on levels and experiences you will never have.

I don't think you left ups on your own like you claim. If you did, you would have zero anger and resentment toward it in any way. People who leave chapters of their life on good terms don't act like the resentful little crybaby you seem to be. They would actually respond positively if it was mutual like you claim. No, you got your ass handed to you in some way which would explain the pure anger you have for it. Rational, logical people don't have that when they leave a career on good terms for another.

And unlike you, I actually already have my degree and my life is pretty awesome in many aspects.

I think the only one barking like a little bitch is the ex ups driver who got fired and had to come up with a back up plan later in life.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
how so? i work 40 hours a week right now. that includes "lunch" hour. 9am to 5pm. monday thru friday. at UPS id work 48-55 hours a week not including up to 5 hours of sitting on my ass in a truck for lunch. how does it not make sense?
You really are stupid. You sat in the truck for lunch? No wonder you were a miserable sob, you didn't even know how to take lunch correctly. You certainly don't sit in the truck for your lunch.

Let me guess, liberal arts degree you're studying for? Or some other useless degree where you'll probably be competing with a ton of candidates for a 30k-40k job?

Shouldn't you be on a forum that deals with your current life situations ? What's your user name on "I'm a :censored2: bag and am very angry little man with small penis" forums?

Re-Raise

I think are confused about the difference between "10 hrs less each day" and 10 hrs less each week.