Consumer fraud

air1ups

How many drivers are being instructed to bring back stops because mgmt is over dispatching them and cutting areas to make their numbers look good and hiding the fact that we are missing stops and sheeting these undelivered packages under false pretenses, ie; emergency conditions, customer requested future delivery, left in bldg., arrived at distination center too late, etc?????
We cut 1 or 2 areas daily, over dispatch and then tell the drivers to sheet undelivered packages as emergency conditions. It's sunny and 65 degrees, dry roads!!!! Is this an ISOLATED PRACTICE????? I have 1000 pages , yes one thousnad of documentation of this commom practice and i know it stems at least from the division level down!! Anyone else aware of this going on out there across the country?

doodoo brown

Had a center manager call me on my phone to tell me to sheet a package a no such number, so it would not be a missed piece. The address was good, told him to send me a message through the diad so I would have proof of the dishonesty, needless to say he did not send the message!!!!

Bristol Brown

Any package that I bring back after being over despatched is scanned as missed I will not lie for ************.

Last edited by a moderator:

air1ups

If they send those messages through the DIAD and you have a cell phone that takes pictures it is a good way to document their dishonesty. i have done that several times in the past and then save them. if your interested send me a PM.

air1ups

If the clerk is working as instructed so be it, our clerk was also told to do the same thing however, in working with the clerk i have about 970 pages of documentation and the clerk has signed a notorized statement that she was instructed to be dishonest. The company was put on notice that their are being dishonest and yet it continues. The company meaning District Labor manager and his right hand man and the division manager we all present at this meeting.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
You do not have to follow any instruction that is Illigal, Immoral, or Unsafe. Refuse to cheat and lie for anyone!!

air1ups

have sent some of the information to Corporate Compliance...................asked them to check it out ........they referred it back to the district to handle.............go figure, the district is dirty. Have to guess if corporate gets involved they will not be able to use the excuse that it is an isolate incident.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
have sent some of the information to Corporate Compliance...................asked them to check it out ........they referred it back to the district to handle.............go figure, the district is dirty. Have to guess if corporate gets involved they will not be able to use the excuse that it is an isolate incident.

I do not see how calling a corporate hotline "ethics" number is going to help, when it is corporate ethics to allow the behaviour to happen in the first place?

Returntosender

Whistle blower guy if you do turn whistle blower? You're 1000 pages of packages scanned as emergency conditions can be verifed with weather conditions if such emergency conditions existed on those dates. You can really mess stuff up for the company and everyone who works for UPS. Keep in mind UPS was voted in the top 100 of ethical business in 2011.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bet the NY Attorney General would like a copy of that stuff.

I would think he has far more important issues to deal with.

I also disagree with EC being used as a dispatch tool. I had a customer ask me why his package was delayed last week--he wanted to know what Emergency Conditions meant. I gave him the phone number for the center and told him to ask for the center manager.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Consumer fraud is just that, fraud. Fraud of any kind shouldn't be taken lightly. So many are quick to point out fraud in the jury duty b.s., yet when there is another FLAMING example, its no big deal. I work at UPS, yet my granddaughters Lands End package was delayed because of a known closed. I live in a very rural area. I am not sure when I was closed considering I am not a business.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Or being at a center that is getting to many pkgs sheeted as damaged so what do they do......well take the damage option out of diad and tell us to sheet as missed!