Contract Approval Vote

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Are these things still rigged ;)? I've been told that there's suspension concerning contract votes in the 1970s and early 1980s... hmm...

But I predict BrownCafe member Evil will vote several hundred times.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are these things still rigged ;)?
I've been told that there's suspension concerning contract votes in the 1970s and early 1980s... hmm...

I don't recall any suspensions ... may you meant suspicions?

You still got goobers out there convinced other were involved in JFK assassination and that Obama was born in Africa.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Autocorrect sucks :). We should also start a pool on UpState's next posting. I say he'll comment on the contract sometimes this weekend.

balland chain

Obama's not from Africa???
NO, sorry he was born in Hawaii... But Bush, 43, is an idiot, who had a huge surplus of cash when he entered office, and then got us in a war with a country that DID NOT bomb us like he told the American people, then no MWD"S were found...Then Cheney lied as well when he said the war would be paid for with Iraqi oil..not to mention all our dead soldiers...but no Hawaii...

ups hero

I'm not convicted to vote yes until I see the proposals..healthcare is my main concern. If I have to pay more out of pocket expense than my current plan then I'm voting no. What about retirees??? I won't turn my back on them. They fought for us, now it's time to return the favor if they are told to pay the price on this contract.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'd love to see Obama take a lie detector test regarding the issue.

Because the State of Hawaii just magically created a birth certificate?

Could be forged. Some Israeli scientists examined and stated that it's highly likely that it had been altered/forged. Regardless if whether there is proof of it being false or not one thing is definitely false.... his campaign promises. There is plenty of proof for that.

quamba 638

So when will the entire contract be put out for all to see? Also, how long does it normally take before we are allowed to vote? I don't ever remember getting anything in the mail from previous contracts... But I was never really that involved either.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
So when will the entire contract be put out for all to see? Also, how long does it normally take before we are allowed to vote? I don't ever remember getting anything in the mail from previous contracts... But I was never really that involved either.

IBT will probably be mailing talking points to the UPS shop stewards early next week before they release the tentative agreement in full. We'll hopefully see it posted/disseminated by late next week.

Make sure your address is up to date with your local so that you receive your ballot -- if you receive the Teamster quarterly magazine at your current address, you should be set. The ballots should be mailed out by mid-May with the votes tallied by mid-June.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Could be forged. Some Israeli scientists examined and stated that it's highly likely that it had been altered/forged. Regardless if whether there is proof of it being false or not one thing is definitely false.... his campaign promises. There is plenty of proof for that.

No, an Israeli website exampled an image of the birth certificate and came up with its conclusion... not exactly a scientifically credible experiment. There's also plenty of people who believe that the Holocaust 9/11, Sandy Hook, etc. were staged. More recently, a top conservative commentator is insisting the Boston bombers were framed. Some people have a hard time accepting facts.

And he's kept, or attempted to keep, a larger share of his promises than his predecessor. Not exactly unusual among politicians, regardless of party affiliation. I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but I would rather have the Democrats in office than the radical Republicans.

TimeForChange

IBT will probably be mailing talking points to the UPS shop stewards early next week before they release the tentative agreement in full. We'll hopefully see it posted/disseminated by late next week.

I see that you are well aware of how Hoffa and the Old Guard® operate. If they were open and honest, the TA would have already been posted online. But it isn't posted online. Why? Because like in politics, where opponents seek to be the first define each other to the masses, Hoffa & O.G., Inc. want to be the ones who dictate to the members what the members' opinion of the TA must be. Guess what that opinion will be? "This is a historic contract! If you vote no, everybody you know will be dropped in a vat of boiling acid with great white sharks in it!!"

smart girl

I have been driving 30 yrs First female circle of honor and I am telling everyone
Our hours and management harassment is also an issue. No one can be healthy iif they continue killing our limbs