Contract Approval Vote

Inthegame

I know you don't but steward are hated on both sides. I'm a little connected and I do know what I'm talking about. Some of my members don't listen as members of this site dont also, but I grasp it. Don't listen and continue to fuel the doom and gloom of us all. Got no and you can help in our dooms.

Scratch I used your post but it wasnt directed at you. I have NOTHING but respect for you my Christian brother from another mother.
I'm nominating 407 Steward, Stink and Piedmont to the Steward Hall Of Fame.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ballots will be sent out shortly after the language is printed. The locals should be having meetings tomorrow to discuss the contract. Our membership in the west does NOT support this proposal and its our intention to communicate this to our local officers tomorrow. ( sunday ) We will NOT accept the teamsters taking over our health care plans. We do NOT want to be in "similar" plans run by the central states or any other third party entity. Our local officers have ALREADY lied to us about the new contract, and one of those lies was that our insurance was going to stay the SAME as it is today. They attempted to "blur" the explanation by saying that UPS was going to keep our insurance the same but hire a "third party" to manage the plans. This "third" party was in fact the teamsters central states. Tricky language only convinces those who do not look below the covers. Some on this board have called this a "great deal" , but those are the ones who are NOT READING the actual language contained in this great deal. Again, we in the WEST do not care about those already in the central states plans, and how long they have had to "PAY" for services or higher deductibles. We in the West understand that more money out of our pockets is a PAYCUT. We will voice our dissention tomorrow morning and notify the local that tricky phrases doesn't sell this piece of crap of an offer.

stink219

Since 03 23 10 I've been taking 130 out of my check and putting it into the teamster credit union. For a strike or the next time I get fired. I'm more than ready are you. I don't want a strike and I'm good financially.
Exactly!! Some people don't get it brother. They think they have all the answers.

Inthegame

ever hear of contract negotiations extention?
Ever hear of Amazon...they weren't going to wait. UPS moved off their insane concessionary proposals because Amazon put that ultimatum out. Even the knuckleheads that are the Labor negotiators know how to read a stock report and none of them wanted to see the nosedive their portfolios would have shown had Amazon walked away. Waiting any longer would have been disastrous.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
While I can appreciate the effort and the time away from their families, I have a hard time with them saying this is the best contract ever. I know they need to sell it that way, but it's a hard pill to swallow. I'm a tweener with going fulltime on Monday, so my benefits will be union benes anyway at that point. I still don't see how Central States is going to be able to cover everyone everywhere. The only way I can see it is if they go BCBS. A lot of states won't allow insurances to cross state lines. How they pull this one off is going to be interesting.

balland chain

Not that I am aware of,,I thought it was suppose to decrease. At some centers they do have a hard time finding part timers who want drivers jobs..I do not know if at that point they can hire as many as needed from outside..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not that I am aware of,,I thought it was suppose to decrease. At some centers they do have a hard time finding part timers who want drivers jobs..I do not know if at that point they can hire as many as needed from outside..

In a case where one building can't find any part timers to drive they should open it up to buildings in the surrounding area...seems easy enough

balland chain

While I can appreciate the effort and the time away from their families, I have a hard time with them saying this is the best contract ever. I know they need to sell it that way, but it's a hard pill to swallow. I'm a tweener with going fulltime on Monday, so my benefits will be union benes anyway at that point. I still don't see how Central States is going to be able to cover everyone everywhere. The only way I can see it is if they go BCBS. A lot of states won't allow insurances to cross state lines. How they pull this one off is going to be interesting.[/QUOTE
I have central states, what I have is a BCBS insurance card. Our insurance is administered thru CS..Just because some BCBS policies will pay for services, this in NOT the case with CS.. You will receive a booklet with a list of all types of Doctors. Those are "in network" Doctors. If you go to any one of those, you pay 20 dollars, then wait for the bill because CS will not pay the entire bill..They first get a discount.. Lets say your total bill is 200.00. CS says customary charges are 125.00, they will pay 80% of the customary charges..Then YOU do not get a discount, you pay 20% of the total 200.00 bill.. So you will have to pay an additional 40.00 for that Doctor visit, for a total of 60.00. CS will be in charge of who you can see, and how much they will pay..regardless if it is BCBS, United healthcare, Etna, etc...Either way, you are screwed.. CS is horrible, the persons on the phone are rude, and could give a crap..If you go to a Doctor out of network, sit down when you open that bill. They most likely will pay very little if any.. Go to the hospital, you have a 200.00 deductible, then you will get the bill for your 20% of total bill.. NO discounts for us.. This is not good. If we are stuck with CS we should at least be offered supplemental insurance at a cost if we choose because they just dont pay.

balland chain

In a case where one building can't find any part timers to drive they should open it up to buildings in the surrounding area...seems easy enough
Your right, that would be a good question for a B/A...However there may be language in the contract that would prevent that from happening.

Stratocaster

Lets all vote no and go on strike. We can bankrupt this company. We can piss off all the customers. When we come back it can be a shell of a company. Those of us with senority will still work. With all the lost volume they can lay off massive amounts of US. Fed ex can grow to a greater share of the volume and they can hire more non union workers. This is a great thing right. If this happened you would all be crying.

If we vote this down our customers WILL bolt. We will go on strike and and it WILL never EVER be the SAME. This is a fair contract. Nothing stays the same forever. Is it a concession? Yes but we need this company to always make record profits so we can keep getting good contracts. If we go on strike we will wreck this company. The general public hates unions these days. Think about it.

Dude are you serious? First off on Thursday night, you had guys thinking that the contract was actually good by worshipping and singing the praises of hall.
Now according to you, concessions gives us great contracts....well your lucky you're not a Steward in my local, because people would have been asking you to step down at the general membership meeting....smh

anonymous4

anonymous and Stink were stroking each other off into the early hours of the morning when news first broke. This was the GOAT moment and we were in for hard-earned gains in this contract, coming off great earnings once again. Our union leadership deserved to have a garden of roses layered upon their path. I didn't know the back story of TDU but you two going back and fourth for weeks campaigning against them was odd to witness. You two are suspect.

tumblr_m7lcfooC2l1qzg8md.jpg

over9five

Staff member
This company has wanted to go commercial to commercial to a while now. They know where the money is. A strike is the worst case senerio and it would set up a new beginning for ups as a commercial to commercial shipper. This is not crazy. It's called cutting your losses. Kenny Rodgers style. Know when to fold them and know when to run. Know when to walk AWAY. This (away) would happen. They are a LOGISTICS company now. They would just go there. Everything in the last 16 years points to this.
^^^UPS scare tactics which caused our negotiating team to FOLD 3 1/2 months before the current contract even expires.
It's a sad day for Teamsters.

oldupsman

Ever hear of Amazon...they weren't going to wait. UPS moved off their insane concessionary proposals because Amazon put that ultimatum out. Even the knuckleheads that are the Labor negotiators know how to read a stock report and none of them wanted to see the nosedive their portfolios would have shown had Amazon walked away. Waiting any longer would have been disastrous.
What is keeping Amazon from leaving tomorrow contract or not. They can move to FEDEX anytime they want. Has Amazon put it in writing
to stay with UPS for the next 5 years? They use other shippers now. UPS doesn't have some exclusive contract.

Dude are you serious? First off on Thursday night, you had guys thinking that the contract was actually good by worshipping and singing the praises of hall.
Now according to you, concessions gives us great contracts....well your lucky you're not a Steward in my local, because people would have been asking you to step down at the general membership meeting....smh
It is a good contract. You probably voted for mitt Romney and George bush. Bush set labor back 40 years. It's time for us to evolve. We all still will have great medical. I laugh that you think my medical sucks. I have never had any problems with it. The consession is the transfer of liability from the company to the union. This was something ups needed to protect there credit rating. Cry me a river you still will have great medical and make $36.29 an hour at the end of this contract. I've had a 400 deductible and I'm still living high on the hog.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
anonymous and Stink were stroking each other off into the early hours of the morning when news first broke. This was the GOAT moment and we were in for hard-earned gains in this contract, coming off great earnings once again. Our union leadership deserved to have a garden of roses layered upon their path. I didn't know the back story of TDU but you two going back and fourth for weeks campaigning against them was odd to witness. You two are suspect.

Everyone is suspect.
You have to understand that they are part of the Teamster management organization and they are just doing their job.
When UPS sends down a message/program, it is the job of your local management to sell the new message/program.
These two are good guys just as your local UPS management are ... they are just executing their organizational responsibility.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Everyone is suspect.
You have to understand that they are part of the Teamster management organization and they are just doing their job.
When UPS sends down a message/program, it is the job of your local management to sell the new message/program.
These two are good guys just as your local UPS management are ... they are just executing their organizational responsibility.

Just get back from the local bar? Even I don't believe this. Stick and 407, I believe are UPS union stewards who blindly follow the Old Guard leadership. (Like I've been saying) The Old Guard is currently headed by Hoffa/Hall. Again, How much money has Hoffa took from UPS over the years as campaign contributions for running for Teamster GP? Hoffa sold us out when he took dime one from UPS. They didn't give him the money out of the goodness of their hearts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just get back from the local bar? Even I don't believe this. Stick and 407, I believe are UPS union stewards who blindly follow the Old Guard leadership. (Like I've been saying) The Old Guard is currently headed by Hoffa/Hall. Again, How much money has Hoffa took from UPS over the years as campaign contributions for running for Teamster GP? Hoffa sold us out when he took dime one from UPS. They didn't give him the money out of the goodness of their hearts.

I doubt the sincerity of your argument ... you are suspect.