Contract hidden issues found thus far

Vette51

You would think that with all the Right to work push in America,Teamster Leader would fight hard to win a great contract and give union members some confidence in them instead of Negotiating a sub-par contract and billing at as another "Best Contract Ever".

I have found the same, But if you look at it closely... The proposed contract targets everyone one way or another.

My personal and more serious concern is that there is language that I am not aware of... still in the process of been written.
if you are in the East and Central regions , You might have some idea of what you are getting in terms of health care.
But for me........... In the Western region is another story..... There is a dead line of Nov 1st ....... 5 months after May's Vote.

What I would like to ask everyone..... How do you feel about allowing your Pension plan been used to Fund a health care for the Western region...

I dont like the idea of anyone touching what I call: The foundation of every upsers retirement, regardless how good it looks in the surface.....this proposal It is rotten .....
Vote NO...I say !

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
407 steward might have mastered the art of a paregraph, but he certainly has not mastered the art of reading comprehension! Read the contract!

One side says look at these concessions, then the IBT cheerleaders come to say "stop whining my boy". What are you benefiting from another brother's loss and why would it be whining on their part?

Reading BC the past month, it feels like I am being sold a "YES" vote by people with interests unbeknownst to me. A vote that when observing the details, looks to be more and more deserving of "NO".

407 is an OG cheerleader who comes on here to destroy certain threads that go against the OG. He will start arguments, ask question about stupid things like tv shows, weather, and other idiotic material. Ignore him.

OUCH....seems the day has come..

OUCH....seems the day has come..
i wouldn't go that far but I give up. This contract will pass. Misery loves company. I come to this site to see what's goi g on around the country. For the most part I come to goof off here. I'm going back to goofing off. These brown cafe aren't my local members so what I say and my opinion doesn't matter. Because I can't post everything I know about this I suck. I'm a bad steward? It's not my obligation to state any facts on this site.

​The bottom line is I think this contract will pass 70% to 30%. The rest is what it is.

RealPerson

i wouldn't go that far but I give up. This contract will pass. Misery loves company. I come to this site to see what's goi g on around the country. For the most part I come to goof off here. I'm going back to goofing off. These brown cafe aren't my local members so what I say and my opinion doesn't matter. Because I can't post everything I know about this I suck. I'm a bad steward? It's not my obligation to state any facts on this site.

​The bottom line is I think this contract will pass 70% to 30%. The rest is what it is.

If it does, it is a sad day for the UPS worker....
So glad the Louisville, KY Local is unanimously Against the contract, the BA, the 77 Union Stewards, lets hope most of the members are also.
I thank them for not laying down like blind sheep.

If it does, it is a sad day for the UPS worker....
So glad the Louisville, KY Local is unanimously Against the contract, the BA, the 77 Union Stewards, lets hope most of the members are also.
I thank them for not laying down like blind sheep.
There president ran against Hoffa in the last election. He is very bitter.

hyena

This is obvious!
I rest my case!
You have not rested your case. Should the leadership fight for us or for their own personal gain (isn't the reason we have negoitiations with UPS for the workers ?)? Our leadership is not on our side. I agree with you 219 we shouldnt be divided but when our leadership isnt working for us what would you have us do? If you dont want divison we need a change of leadership, we need a spokesman fighting for us, not someone selling us out. Open your eyes sometimes you need to fight (trust me ive done it my whole life). Whats happening now is bs and I also would like to know what makes this ta so great to you?

stink219

Let me ask you this, If someone has a grievance in your building, what happens? Is Hoffa expected to come down to deal with that? WE deal with contract issues everyday. The enforcement doesn't start at the top buddy, it starts with the employees. The fact is, as a steward, I've looked at every aspect of these changes over and over that effect my people I look after. I'm there for their protection. I like this TA because of the changes in language. 9.5 will be a cake walk in our building (even for PT casuals), harassment is already being handled in our building by increased intensity of the grievance process, article 6 was clarified by one word, intentional, guys on TAW will make their full rate, a few others that I'm too tired to remember, plus the wages and H&W and pension contributions will bump us up $25,000.
You said the leadership is out for personal gain?It would be more believable had our wages been higher. If I were to fleece workers, I'd focus on wages since our dues is related to that. As far as the language, Hyena, didn't I PM you on contract language already? I'm still waiting for what would be a satisfactory contract for everyone? Some please post it.