contract ideas??????

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, DS, right after I read your story about the rock pushing, I saw this cartoon and knew it just had to go here.

106216_600.jpg

2Slow

I doubt this is a national problem but in my area it is getting out of hand. My work group has about 300 drivers. We only get to pick from 9 open weeks of vacation slots after August. We will have drivers laid off in September and October. I would like to see them open up those two months and maybe allow 10% go on vacation.

In Central, 17% during summer months, 10% the rest of the time. Excluding Christmas of course. It's in the contract here.

Karma...

I have advocated this for the past few years but was told by my BA this past Saturday that this is not an option.

The starting wage for PTers needs to be addressed in the next contract.
Remember that the total cost to UPS for a PTer is about $18 with around $9 in benefit cost which most PTers dont use.. The way the money flows the FTers would not have their present benefits funded by PTers if there are changes. I dont see many if any PTers at monthly meetings or vote or take interest in the contract.....Us FTers will be in for a real shock if the PTers ever start participating.

stoni24

In the next contract ups needs to pay my total monthly cell phone bill!! In my center, without cell phones, the center would completely shutdown due
to no communication. Whether my preload shift, air driving, shuttling, doesn't matter. ups couldn't function daily without us all having phones and the company
should pay for them!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the next contract ups needs to pay my total monthly cell phone bill!! In my center, without cell phones, the center would completely shutdown due
to no communication. Whether my preload shift, air driving, shuttling, doesn't matter. ups couldn't function daily without us all having phones and the company
should pay for them!

The company can most certainly function without us using our cell phones---it just makes it easier for them when we choose to do so. You can choose to not use your cell phone for company business and request that all communication be made through the DIAD.

old levi's

blank space
should pay for them!

Don't answer it!

UPSGUY72

should pay for them!

Cell phone are not need they just make things happen quicker and thus drivers will answer there cell phone when there SUP call or will call the center when they have a problem. You can send and receive messages through the DIAD some driver are just in such a big hurry that they prefer to use there cell phone instead of the DIAD. I use the DIAD when communicating with the center I get paid by the hour. Especially when they need to set up a meet point with another driver cha ching $$$

2Slow

I'm happy to use my cell phone. They don't bug me that much, and it makes it less likely that they will decide we cannot have them at work.
Plus, I'm making almost as much per minute as the overage charges would be. :cool:

thats more than i got. i haven't called off in the last 5 years. what pisses me off is, it's always the same driver's calling off. we all have a job to do so go do it!!!

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Aren't all new feeders equipped with air conditioning per contract? Come on drivers; we are spending 10 to upwards of 12 hours on road EVERYDAY. AC would be a great partner on those hot summer days. How about at the very least all new package cars come equipped with it. You have to start somewhere.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Aren't all new feeders equipped with air conditioning per contract? Come on drivers; we are spending 10 to upwards of 12 hours on road EVERYDAY. AC would be a great partner on those hot summer days. How about at the very least all new package cars come equipped with it. You have to start somewhere.

AC would be nice but would make no sense.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
AC would be nice but would make no sense.

Come on down to the humid south where we are still sweat soaking the driver's seats in October. Makes perfect sense since so many here seem convinced that there will be little improvement to our wages.

2Slow

Air conditioning only works after vehicle has been running a few minutes. Package cars aren't turned on long enough... Never gonna happen.