Contract news 3/8/2013 (Teamsters.com)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
These are different times and a good Union boss and the Union negotiators have to be as aware of the business environment as the UPS negotiators.

Both sides.... use a slew of resources during negotiations.

IE: advice from attorneys, actuaries, etc.... the list goes on.

When you see BUG with a tinfoil hat on.... then, you can be concerned. :peaceful:

-Bug-

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Both sides.... use a slew of resources during negotiations.

IE: advice from attorneys, actuaries, etc.... the list goes on.

When you see BUG with a tinfoil hat on.... then, you can be concerned. :peaceful:

-Bug-
JMO , but 'resources' is just another word for spending.!! Your money along with the company's money. The lawyers will suck them dry and spit them out !! That's their job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
JMO , but 'resources' is just another word for spending.!! Your money along with the company's money. The lawyers will suck them dry and spit them out !! That's their job.

That is the nature of contracts.
A contract is a legal document defining the terms and conditions.
It's similar to getting a package delivered - resources in the form of labor, buildings, vehicles, consumables, etc are spent to get the package delivered.
Right now, there are probably a hundred or more UPS management pulled from their regular jobs to support UPS contract negotiations (accounting, IE, etc.)
There are consultants, economists and yes, there are legal resources.

Delivered

Spoken like a full timers that doesn't give a dam about the part timers... FYI - 85% of the part timers in my building have been there 5+ years and half of them have been there 10 plus years.

I never said I endorse it or even vote for it. Just like the generation before I got hired on voted to split the pay scale, all UPS employees made the same wage. We only have 1 p/t left making $32/hr.

PT Car Washer

I never said I endorse it or even vote for it. Just like the generation before I got hired on voted to split the pay scale, all UPS employees made the same wage. We only have 1 p/t left making $32/hr.

We have maybe 10 left in my building. $31.75 sort pay or $30.70 unskilled and clerks. Work 20 hours a week for $30,000 a year and 7 weeks vacation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow!! I'm impressed!! Did you get laid this morning or something (sentence intended to be positive and not a personal attack)?

Aren't you the same person who wants to bring 407 and Bubbles back? (question meant to be positive and not a personal attack)

Last edited by a moderator:

brown_trousers

Wow! Congradulations to UPS on some good negotiations! It sounds like the teamsters already have their tails between their legs. What happen to the conviction we saw earlier, when teamsters walked away from the negotiating table? What happen to our stance on NOT negotiating until healthcare issues are off the table?

stink219

Wow!! I'm impressed!! Did you get laid this morning or something (sentence intended to be positive and not a personal attack)?

Aren't you the same person who wants to bring 407 and Bubbles back? (question meant to be positive and not a personal attack)
Yes of course! But when discussing union issues you usually have a negative connotations to it. Just surprised you had it in you. Don't be too shocked Cupcake. My comment doesn't mean I'm a fan.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Yes of course! But when discussing union issues you usually have a negative connotations to it. Just surprised you had it in you. Don't be too shocked Cupcake. My comment doesn't mean I'm a fan.

Don't hate on his game, Stink. I heard the company is taking him off the job to stump for two-tiered health insurance across the country - he's better than a momma gerbil eating her babies.

Gold plated knee pads ain't free. You gotta earn 'em!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't hate on his game, Stink. I heard the company is taking him off the job to stump for two-tiered health insurance across the country - he's better than a momma gerbil eating her babies.

You're a part-timer, right? The Union and most drivers don't care about the part-timers. Just sayin'.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
You're a part-timer, right? The Union and most drivers don't care about the part-timers. Just sayin'.

goldplatedkneepads.jpg

You might look like a power ranger, but I heard Scott Davis is gonna spit-shine 'em personally for ya, Upstate.
goldplatedkneepads.jpg

swing_drv

If Union dosen't get healthcare taken off the table, And we have to pay for healthcare. I know alot of people will be getting out of the Union! Maybe this is what UPS wants!

If Union dosen't get healthcare taken off the table, And we have to pay for healthcare. I know alot of people will be getting out of the Union! Maybe this is what UPS wants!
Where are they going to go to a job that gives you better healthcare. We have the best health care in the country and for a reason. This company keeps making record breaking profits. If we don't make a stand the will make even more while we make less.

stink219

this isn't true with me. I started part time. I became a steward to protect the part timers. Piedmont is a cool cat. I'd stand by him.