Contract news?

sawdusttv

That would be a ridiculous request, the teamsters would never go for that. Temp workers don't pay any union dues. Maybe that's one of the "throw-away" requests that they tossed out there in the initial offer but have no expectation of ever getting. :wink:

I tend to agree!

brett636

I heard that one of the concessions that UPS is asking for from the teamsters on the next contract, is to do away with the 22.3 jobs and be allowed to use year around temp workers.
Anyone else heard this?

I heard UPS is asking for every UPS teamster to sacrifice their first born in the name of the brown empire, and to pay for the buriel costs themselves! Oh the horror!!!

To be quite honest unless I can read it in a news article or official release from the negotiating committee I am not willing to buy into any of the supposed "rumors" that run rampant through the hubs and centers about what is going on at the negotiating table. Too many people I work around seem to thrive on starting rumors and spreading BS information no matter how ludicrous it may sound. I will believe it when I see it.

sawdusttv

I heard UPS is asking for every UPS teamster to sacrifice their first born in the name of the brown empire, and to pay for the buriel costs themselves! Oh the horror!!!

To be quite honest unless I can read it in a news article or official release from the negotiating committee I am not willing to buy into any of the supposed "rumors" that run rampant through the hubs and centers about what is going on at the negotiating table. Too many people I work around seem to thrive on starting rumors and spreading BS information no matter how ludicrous it may sound. I will believe it when I see it.

You are so right Brett, but at this stage in the game, I think that any rumor, news, etc. is worth asking about.
To just ignore it, at this point could be a bad move on our part.

Fullhouse

Had a man from corporate down on vacation in our area last week. He talked to one of our drivers and stated that next week (this week) there will be an announcement about the contract. According to him "it will be great for the drivers and the shareholders!" When asked for more information by the driver, he stated "that's all I can tell you right now."
The guy had to be salary because he complemented the driver about the use of handrails on and off the package car.

Overpaid Union Thug

Had a man from corporate down on vacation in our area last week. He talked to one of our drivers and stated that next week (this week) there will be an announcement about the contract. According to him "it will be great for the drivers and the shareholders!" When asked for more information by the driver, he stated "that's all I can tell you right now."
The guy had to be salary because he complemented the driver about the use of handrails on and off the package car.

I hope whatever this announcement is will help all of us part-timers get the full-time jobs that we were already suppposed to have started. A bunch of us in this district should have went full-time last week.