Contract proposals from my local

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by bigmistake, Aug 24, 2012.

1. bigmistake

bigmistake Member

I attended a meeting last Saturday at my local. We were informed of these proposals, bear with me, I will write the Article No. Section No. and the proposal. Our President says he smells a strike. Here they are.

3-7 Health and Welfare pension contributions will be paid for all hours attached to a supv. working grievance.
    4-2 Union Stewards will have a start time 1/2 hour prior to the first Package Car starting time.
    6-3 New trucks will be given to drivers in seniority order provided the vehicle can contain route.
    6-4 All employees will be provided comprehensive training in order to be fully aware of the effects and/or expectations of new procedures or technological changes that have been approved by he National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological change.
    14 The company will noify the union office within 24 hours of all reported injuries. Wether considered Workers Compensation or not.
    18-14 All package cars currently equipped with fans will be repaired/replaced as needed.No fan will be removed from a package car currently equipped with a fan.
    22-5 Part Timers will start at $11.00 per hour. They will receive $1.00 on their annuversary date plus general wage increases
    32 All services offered by UPS will be processed and deluvered by UPS Teamster employees.
    35 Addresses dust/dirt levels
    40 Air employees will get the same holidays as ground employees.
    40 Ari drivers that deliver ground will be guaranteed an 8 hour day.
    44-3 The company will provide a list of all overweight pkgs. to be loaded onto any route to the driver assigned to that route at the start of each day.
    47-2 Any documents, work rules changes or new procedures that the co. requests a signature from the employee will be presented to the Union prior to such request.
    60 Increase Personal days to 5, sick days to 8.
    61 Increase vacation to 8 weeks after 8 years, 4 weeks after 10 years.

2. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

as with any negotiation, each side puts out proposals and then they meet somewhere in the middle.

3. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

Contract prpposals from my local

I hope there is no strike. It would put us back 15 years... Again

4. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

It's funny.... how the company's idea of "middle", falls in line with their arrogant attitude towards all employees....

Hard to cry "poor mouth", when you brag about making money in a down national economy. This will be fun.

-Bug-

5. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

The company does need some of that money to reinvest into itself so that it can further its business. I would not want UPS to become the next GM.

That being said those proposals are not bad, but we will see where they make it in the negotiations.

6. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

Let's make our grievance procedure work fluidly and fix the language that is there. Too many areas that can be manipulated. We've seen them exploited for 5 years and longer.

7. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

why?GM got their bailout at the expense of all of us and is back in buisness.

8. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

How about 9.5 issues and harassment.....IMO these two should be in the top 5 of issues in contract. Btw..the last proposal will never happen..8 weeks after 8 years...ummm no.

9. MenInBrown

MenInBrown Active Member

That is why they list cash flow...before they report their profit, reinvestments and everything else have already been paid for.

10. oldguard88

oldguard88 New Member

Why do you feel the need to discuss Union issues on a forum that is monitered by UPS? That makes no sence.

11. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

What, you think they don't already know all this from their little minions who were at the meeting?
    Hell, Hoffa probably already briefed them.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Other than part timer pay increasing I see a whole lot of nothing in this. As coldworld said how about excessive overtime and harassment. Sure more time off sounds great but if they are paying you not to work they are just going to make it that much harder on you when u do work.

13. Daniel Bryant

Daniel Bryant Member

32 All services offered by UPS will be processed and delivered by UPS Teamster employees.

This needs to stick

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Zero chance of that basic sure post whatever it is is here to stay.

15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

If the attendance at my local's contract proposal meeting is any indication....we are doomed.

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

x2. Isn't it pathetic?

17. Daniel Bryant

Daniel Bryant Member

Really? That would be great

18. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Great for the post office, maybe.

Sure as hell not great for Union workers OR the customer. Surepost is why routes are eliminated and the "volume is down". The volume is still there, but it gets diverted and then loaded onto 5 trucks per center to be dropped to post offices so THEY can finish the last leg. BS

19. Coldworld

Especially when its going into populated neighborhoods in major cities..

20. Coldworld

Maybe UPS and FedEx are tryi.g to prop up the post office because if they start cutting things ups will have more rural work which they dont want...