Contract raises? don't be brainwashed!

DSM515

Who else here thinks we should fight for every dime we can get in the next contract? I for one think we deserve at least a Dollar a year, why? first off I am grateful for my job and what UPS and the Teamsters has helped me provide for my family over the last 22 years..But I have also been a Professional employee that like many have been a asset to UPS for many years. I do think that a company that over the last few years that has taking every opportunity to take time away from us, pile a lot more work on us, treat us with total disregard and respect while they made 58 billion last year is ridiculous. I understand it is a business and not a charity but We and our brothers and sisters before us built this company into the giant it is. So don't let anyone tell you we make to much! I don't walk around and tell management they are overpaid so don't let them brainwash you into thinking you are. We earn every dime we make.
Stand you ground.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We made 5 billion last year. Maybe a little less or more. I do agree we deserve $1 an hour. Why? Because that's essentially an inflation raise.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Maybe if you demand less, you'll get a little more. I personally would sacrifice a bit of a raise for more reasonable expectations of myself. 10 hour days and more money and a tired self or 8.5 hour days, a little less money and more time for me and my family? I'd take option two if given to me.

1080Driver

How about protecting the medical & benefits and upping the pension? Granted the company is making all sorts of money while crying the blues, but they're not worried about today's pay, they're already thinking about 10 years down the road.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How about protecting the medical & benefits and upping the pension? Granted the company is making all sorts of money while crying the blues, but they're not worried about today's pay, they're already thinking about 10 years down the road.

I want nothing to do with upping the pension. Why? Because your just putting your money in someone else's hand. I highly doubt ill get much of a pension or social security when I retire in 25/30 years. Just keep giving me raises and ill keep funding my own retirement.

DSM515

Sorry 58 billion gross, and yes I agree with less work and a smaller raise but as we all know less work Will most likely never happen since they think we make too much already. As for the two tier wage system that is the worst thing that could happen to us drivers, might as well just wear a big red bullseye on our backs

beentheredonethat

yes, and pension/welfare benefits for total hours worked.

Bring to a financial adviser what UPS contributed for your pension over the last 35 years (for those of you about to retire with 35 years). Then tell them what you will be receiving as a pension amount. They will tell you that you are being screwed. (Not by UPS, but by the pension fund itself aka the teamsters). Why would you want UPS to give more money to the pension when it was already wasted by the teamsters? Again... don't trust me.. Do the math and bring it to a financial expert.