Contract raises? don't be brainwashed!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree with Bagels, there are many drivers who want the OT.
Let's assume the teamsters do negotiate automatic double pay for over 9.5 hrs.

Now let's assume for a minute a driver wants OT (lots of it). he had been a 10 hr pd day in the past and he has the same route. UPS pulls a dozen or so stops off him to reduce his day by .8 hrs (or 9.2 hr pd day). But the driver still comes in at 10 hrs.
(again I know anyone day on avg things can affect the pd day, I'm talking about an avg). At what point can UPS say hey, you are stealing time?

Way to keep it on the managers tip.....maybe the paid day should come from reality numbers and not ie dreamland....same problem that has for the last 90 years, a worldwide corporate conglomerate setting the standards for thousands of people...seems real fair doesnt it.

I don't think it's realistic for any com

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's because not only does ups pay for our pension but being a multi employer pension they pay for plenty of other people's also.

If UPS had one pension for the entire country which they ran they would make absolutely sure that nobody would be able to retire to collect on, either by upping the years of service or trying to fire you before you could get halfway to retirement....i dont doubt that for a second.

Your vested after 5 years u would still collect.

beentheredonethat

Way to keep it on the managers tip.....maybe the paid day should come from reality numbers and not ie dreamland....same problem that has for the last 90 years, a worldwide corporate conglomerate setting the standards for thousands of people...seems real fair doesnt it.

I don't think it's realistic for any com

The paid day is from the time your start time\punch in time til when you punch out. The plan day may be numbers you disagree with. But you aren't paid from that (unless you get the benefit of it from being in a bonus ctr). So basically what you are saying, is becaus you disagree with the planned day, UPS should have no way of discipling a driver for working to get the automatic double (or triple) time folks want with no way to stopping them from getting that high pay even if they reduce the work load.

Do you really think UPS would agree with this?

Logb17

Im able to retire at 50. If I live to be 90 I will have collected close to 4 times what UPS paid in. Good luck getting that from a 401k...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Im able to retire at 50. If I live to be 90 I will have collected close to 4 times what UPS paid in. Good luck getting that from a 401k...

This is exactly why the present system is not sustainable. You can't save enough to support yourself for a forty year retirement and neither can most companies and/or pension funds.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This is exactly why the present system is not sustainable. You can't save enough to support yourself for a forty year retirement and neither can most companies and/or pension funds.

Don't retire at 50 then and also really getting 4 times what u put in isn't unheard of at all in a 401k.

Say you put 17k a year away in your 401k for 30 years. You'll end up with 2 million at an 8% return. That's not all that unrealistic.

You also don't have to live 40 years to get that money it's yours whenever you want it. That's not even taking into account that you could keep investing a percentage of that money and continue to add to your nest egg even in retirement.

stink219

I don't get it.. Why is it that the teamsters in some areas have a good pension, and others (such as central states) are deeply in the red (New England too). Why doesn't the brotherhood help each other?

The New England pension fund was recently taken over by UPS. I hope they do the same for the Upstate NY Pension Plan.
That is an outright lie!!!! This is why your disliked!! My pension was not taken over by UPS. It is 100% teamster owned. UPS isn't responsible for the unfunded liability going forward. They cut a check for the past unfounded portion which was 890 million. So get your facts straight.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The paid day is from the time your start time\punch in time til when you punch out. The plan day may be numbers you disagree with. But you aren't paid from that (unless you get the benefit of it from being in a bonus ctr). So basically what you are saying, is becaus you disagree with the planned day, UPS should have no way of discipling a driver for working to get the automatic double (or triple) time folks want with no way to stopping them from getting that high pay even if they reduce the work load.

Do you really think UPS would agree with this?

All I'm trying to say is I've seen large amounts of time allowance go out the door in exchange for a small amount of technology....it has happen just to try to make employees work faster, not because the job has become that much more efficient and easier to do. I do agree with your post to a certain extent but you managers seem to use blanket statements way too much to say that if one employee does it they all do is just not ok...

Coldworld

60 months and counting

But your a teamster who works in a very physical job, the average teamster dies 10 years after they retire....only a few will make it to 90....

stink219

That is an outright lie!!!! This is why your disliked!! My pension was not taken over by UPS. It is 100% teamster owned. UPS isn't responsible for the unfunded liability going forward. They cut a check for the past unfounded portion which was 890 million. So get your facts straight.

UPS to Leave New England Pension Fund | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
First off, TDU lies constantly. You obviously know zero about our pension. It's still the teamster fund. UPS portion is separate due to the unfounded liability penalty. Once again, our pension was not taken over by ups.

stink219

In essence it was not. The money is still invested together in the teamsters hands. Plus that post was in August 2012 with the TDU spin. I do not buy in to their rhetoric.