Contract raises? don't be brainwashed!

beentheredonethat

All I'm trying to say is I've seen large amounts of time allowance go out the door in exchange for a small amount of technology....it has happen just to try to make employees work faster, not because the job has become that much more efficient and easier to do. I do agree with your post to a certain extent but you managers seem to use blanket statements way too much to say that if one employee does it they all do is just not ok...

The only "blanket" statement I made was what can UPS do so the drivers who want dbl time \Triple time stay out just to get it? As was indicated the reason for this is to make it very unprofitable for UPS to have drivers work this much. Therefore we would seriously work to reduce hours worked. However, many people out there indicated that some drivers want the hours. My question was, and still is. If UPS agreed to it and knows it will cost them an arm and leg and it's not a good deal to have drivers work long hours. What can UPS do if drivers still work long hours even if their stops are reduced?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In essence it was not. The money is still invested together in the teamsters hands. Plus that post was in August 2012 with the TDU spin. I do not buy in to their rhetoric.
Can we change this. They have mismanaged our money beyond repair.
It's my money and I want it now!!!! Lol

beentheredonethat

In essence it was not. The money is still invested together in the teamsters hands. Plus that post was in August 2012 with the TDU spin. I do not buy in to their rhetoric.
Does that make you feel better? The teamsters who allowed the current pension plan to be in critical status are also in charge of the plan the UPS teamsters are now in? It's funny, whenever people before complained about the pension they pointed out how 1/2 the board of the fund was controlled by the companies. Here you say it's all teamster hands. We (UPS) only had one person on that board to represent UPS interest, a very small minority.

stink219

Does that make you feel better? The teamsters who allowed the current pension plan to be in critical status are also in charge of the plan the UPS teamsters are now in? It's funny, whenever people before complained about the pension they pointed out how 1/2 the board of the fund was controlled by the companies. Here you say it's all teamster hands. We (UPS) only had one person on that board to represent UPS interest, a very small minority.
I only care about the 14% return we got last year. I wasn't arguing about the comfort. I challenged the misinformed.

Ms.PacMan

Aside from the title of the article it reads as though UPS will still be in the multiemployer New England Pension Fund but will only be liable for the UPS employee pensions going forward. This does not sound at all like the Central States scenario in which UPS withdrew from the multiemployer format altogether and formed a single employer pension plan jointly administered by UPS and the Teamsters.

In essence it was not.
Gotta agree with Stinky here.

stink219

Aside from the title of the article it reads as though UPS will still be in the multiemployer New England Pension Fund but will only be liable for the UPS employee pensions going forward. This does not sound at all like the Central States scenario in which UPS withdrew from the multiemployer format altogether and formed a single employer pension plan jointly administered by UPS and the Teamsters.

In essence it was not.
Gotta agree with Stinky here.
You obviously get it!! Great post!

texan

And to respond to Upstates neg rep to me a few minutes ago, I do think "you give a :censored2:". Your response shows that. Like a book, Nancy!
UPState. You seemed to have been doing so well lately, and today sir you slam someone for their post
with a neg rep. This is a forum and we will disagree. Posts can get heated.
headshakeconan_zps5a696ca6.gif

stink219

Thanks to all my peeps that pos repped me. Seems like for every neg rep i get, which has only been upstate ever, I get pos rep back 10 fold!! I won't post names but there were 10 of you. I thank you and appreciate the gesture.

texan

Thanks to all my peeps that pos repped me. Seems like for every neg rep i get, which has only been upstate ever, I get pos rep back 10 fold!! I won't post names but there were 10 of you. I thank you and appreciate the gesture.
Anyone else that gets the UPState seal of approval, share it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I only care about the 14% return we got last year. I wasn't arguing about the comfort. I challenged the misinformed.

were the funds mismanaged in general or was some of this just the downfall of the market...arent most of these funds babysat by a third party that oversees everything?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The only "blanket" statement I made was what can UPS do so the drivers who want dbl time \Triple time stay out just to get it? As was indicated the reason for this is to make it very unprofitable for UPS to have drivers work this much. Therefore we would seriously work to reduce hours worked. However, many people out there indicated that some drivers want the hours. My question was, and still is. If UPS agreed to it and knows it will cost them an arm and leg and it's not a good deal to have drivers work long hours. What can UPS do if drivers still work long hours even if their stops are reduced?

point taken...i agree.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
were the funds mismanaged in general or was some of this just the downfall of the market...arent most of these funds babysat by a third party that oversees everything?

I lost half my money in the last market down turn. I don't think I mis managed it. I left it alone and got it all back and more. Am I a hero now for doubling my money? The problem with pension funds is there are too many taking and not enough giving.

stink219

Definitely market. We had a hiccup about 10 years ago with someone who put himself before the local, but he's long gone thank god. We have an amazing e board. We are still better funded than most pensions. But we have the right people now.

Foamer Pyle

Personally, I wouldnt expect to see a dollar raise this time. The more money we make, the less drivers the company is going to put on the road, and Fed-Ex ground is taking business away from us all of the time. In these economic times alot of companies are not looking for quality, but looking for the cheapest deal. I made almost 80k this past year, and would much rather see a few more holidays or other benefit improvements. I am sick of working 10 or 11 hours every day, and the higher the wages go, from this point forward, the more hours you can expect to work. I dont depend on overtime to pay my bills, and never have. I am sick of never being home Monday thru Friday.

twoweeled

Your vested after 5 years u would still collect.

I don't know. The basic nature of the company is not one of concern and fairness. I too would have a problem with UPS controlling the pension alone. I'd have a problem with either controlling it alone. Some people tend to be very generous with other people's money. Sorry