Contract rumor.

kingOFchester

This is not something that is posted anywhere. I know I will get flamed for posting the info. It is from a reliable source. Believe what you want, as this is the internet. But if someone else had this information I would want it posted. THIS IS NOT FACT. But I do have faith in that the information is correct.

UPS wants a 7 year deal
They want NO raises for PT'ers over the life of the contract
They want to eliminate 22.3 jobs when a combo is promoted into feeders/package cars
Earlier health care proposals are still on the table
$1,000 bonus every other year

No need to bash me, I understand that everyone will want proof. But lets at least discuss the rumor.

QKRSTKR

7 year deal - ok

No raises for part-timers, ridiculous

Eliminate 22.3 jobs when bidding to another full time position -- ridiculous

$90 dollars a week for health insurance -- hall said no way, guess we ll see. Haven't seen him walk away yet like he said he would. (Liar)

$1000 bonus every other year--what's the point?

IF this would be true then UPS Must really want to test us or have us go on strike. We'll see. I don't see how such a proposal would even make it to a tentative agreement let alone a vote and pass. But there are a lot of members that are scared to death of a strike.

article22

Banned
after making billions on my back i say and such a horrible proposal i say ..........................................................STRIKE STRIKE!! i got all my pennies saved

Packmule

All I can say is based on what happened in 97, DO NOT give the union a strike authorization. FORCE them to give us the company's last best and final offer. We would be glad at that point to have the union go over it line by line and tell us what they like and don't like, but ONLY WE should be making the decision to strike--not union bosses--and we can't make the right decision unless we have PERSONALLY seen the company's offer. I repeat, DO NOT GIVE THEM A STRIKE AUTHORIZATION.

Evil

This is not something that is posted anywhere. I know I will get flamed for posting the info. It is from a reliable source. Believe what you want, as this is the internet. But if someone else had this information I would want it posted. THIS IS NOT FACT. But I do have faith in that the information is correct.

UPS wants a 7 year deal
They want to eliminate 22.3 jobs when a combo is promoted into feeders/package cars

No need to bash me, I understand that everyone will want proof. But lets at least discuss the rumor.

hall is a lying sack of ****, but I've known that for years. He put his foot in his mouth and ate every word he said about not going back to table unless the company's healthcare proposal was off.

The good thing is that we the members have to organize against such deal if it its in the process. We all know hall and his boss Hoffa will never lead a strike. After all, they both opposed the 1997 strike brother Ron Carey led. We have to inform our brothers and sisters and convince them to vote NO! A vote No doesn't mean we go on strike, what it means is we send our negotiators back to the bargaining table and bring in the membership!

If this crap is what they want us to settle on, Vote NOOOOOOOOOOO!

kingOFchester

Just want to reiterate that this is not confirmed. As it stands now it is just hearsay. However, the source is also where the health care info came from before that was confirmed. just want to be sure everyone understands.

Overpaid Union Thug

All I can say is based on what happened in 97, DO NOT give the union a strike authorization. FORCE them to give us the company's last best and final offer. We would be glad at that point to have the union go over it line by line and tell us what they like and don't like, but ONLY WE should be making the decision to strike--not union bosses--and we can't make the right decision unless we have PERSONALLY seen the company's offer. I repeat, DO NOT GIVE THEM A STRIKE AUTHORIZATION.

Maybe this time everyone will be able to actually vote yes or no on an actual contract instead of only on a strike authorization.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Word I'm hearing is that the union has agreed in principle to a 10 year contract. Part timers will get significant wage increases, Full timers not so much. hall stated that after talking to teamsters all across the country he felt confident that the majority of full timers were willing to give up wage increases in order to help the part time work force out. No payment for healthcare but benefits will be scaled back considerably with higher deductibles and co-pays and possibly the loss of vision and /or dental. Possible deal in the works where you could "voluntarily" pay more per week for expanded HC coverage using the company's originally proposed 30/60/90 plan as a template. According to hall this was the best he could do under Obamacare which is apparently going to bankrupt the company if we don't all pitch in and help out.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Word I'm hearing is that the union has agreed in principle to a 10 year contract. Part timers will get significant wage increases, Full timers not so much. hall stated that after talking to teamsters all across the country he felt confident that the majority of full timers were willing to give up wage increases in order to help the part time work force out. No payment for healthcare but benefits will be scaled back considerably with higher deductibles and co-pays and possibly the loss of vision and /or dental. Possible deal in the works where you could "voluntarily" pay more more week for expanded HC coverage using the company's originally proposed 30/60/90 plan as a template. According to hall this was the best he could do under Obamacare which is apparently going to bankrupt the company if we don't all pitch in and help out.

Oh Please with the "Obamacare" already.

Will have absolutely nothing to do with your company provided HealthCare Plan and if you believe that then you deserve what you get.

kingOFchester

Word I'm hearing is that the union has agreed in principle to a 10 year contract. Part timers will get significant wage increases, Full timers not so much. hall stated that after talking to teamsters all across the country he felt confident that the majority of full timers were willing to give up wage increases in order to help the part time work force out. No payment for healthcare but benefits will be scaled back considerably with higher deductibles and co-pays and possibly the loss of vision and /or dental. Possible deal in the works where you could "voluntarily" pay more per week for expanded HC coverage using the company's originally proposed 30/60/90 plan as a template. According to hall this was the best he could do under Obamacare which is apparently going to bankrupt the company if we don't all pitch in and help out.

The best he could do????? Well for this UPSER that isn't good enough. Forget him and UPS. If what Jones is hearing or what I am hearing is true.....I vote NO.

DiligentUPSer

As someone who is approaching 9 years as a part-timer, I couldn't be insulted any more than I am if the above-stated rumor is true. When reading this my jaw fell to the floor and I froze, staring aimlessly at the pc for a few minutes. In these years, as much crap as I've had to put up with, I've never thought about leaving and have felt good about the overall compensation package, especially for a part-time job compared to other jobs. This rumored proposal however, would make me start to consider leaving. Granted, I couldn't see the union settling for this. Usually the union tries to put a positive spin on the great things they negotiated for us and settling on this would not leave them anything to put a positive spin on. I'm sure UPS and the Union would negotiate to some sort of middle ground, but the middle ground would still be insulting considering UPS' ludicrous, low-balled starting point here. Regardless, if the rumors are true, it's really embarrassing on UPS' part. They're making record profits and we're supposed to give back every somewhat positive perk from the current contract and not receive a raise for 7 years?! What?! The scary thing is that the new part-timers would probably see the $1,000 bonus and be thrilled, not even knowing they're in reality losing their *****e$. Those guys come work at UPS for the tuition assistance and don't care about the rest of the compensation package or know what a fair compensation package is. But then again, probably no more than 5% of them makes it to two years anymore, which is perfect for what UPS wants.

bryanturner100

i heard it's a 20 year deal.5.00 dollars a year in wages.5.00 dollars a year into our pension and we never have to pay anything in our health care as long as we're going to speculate you might as well go big or go home right oh ya i forgot a/c for all package cars

kingOFchester

i heard it's a 20 year deal.5.00 dollars a year in wages.5.00 dollars a year into our pension and we never have to pay anything in our health care as long as we're going to speculate you might as well go big or go home right oh ya i forgot a/c for all package cars

Punctuation is your friend. Makes it so much better for the reader to boot!

Overpaid Union Thug

Will have absolutely nothing to do with your company provided HealthCare Plan and if you believe that then you deserve what you get.

Obamacare is a threat. The sooner people accept that cold hard fact the sooner they can drop all of the high hopes for a contract that doesn't address health care. But you were right about getting what you deserve. Everyone that voted for Obama and those that forced Obamacare down the throats of the majority of Americans that didn't want it are slowly, but surely, about to get what they deserve. It just sucks that the rest of us have to be a part of it.

Packmule

Here is how Obamacare will affect yor company provided plan. You and your company will be paying for FedEx's healthcare (through Obamacare) via personal and corporate income taxes. This is because the fines FedEx agrees to pay are a smattering of what covering their employees will really cost. Meanwhile, UPS will be also be paying a mint for your company healthcare. In the end, FedEx will be able to undercut UPS's rates even further, steal away another 30% of our customers, and the bottom 20% of our hourly workforce will go on indefinite layoff.
Of course, UPS will hire 20% more managers to crack the whip on remaining drivers.
One has to be really blind not to read the writing on the wall.

bryanturner100

I thought we already went through this I'm a voice texter it's just easier I'm sure we can all go through a paragraph without a. And, I get it were all not truck drivers and box slingers it's just a big social network of English Lit majors I get it punctuation and grammar I graduate high school I just don't care hold on let me put a, in so you can remember when to take a breath and the. So you can remember when to stop reading it's about the content for me and whether it's going to give me any good information or not it's not about trying to impress you with how I speak n spell hold on let me get my thesaurus out

kingOFchester

I thought we already went through this I'm a voice texter it's just easier I'm sure we can all go through a paragraph without a. And, I get it were all not truck drivers and box slingers it's just a big social network of English Lit majors I get it punctuation and grammar I graduate high school I just don't care hold on let me put a, in so you can remember when to take a breath and the. So you can remember when to stop reading it's about the content for me and whether it's going to give me any good information or not it's not about trying to impress you with how I speak n spell hold on let me get my thesaurus out

Slow down there killer! I was just messing with you. This is why I gave you a like on your post. Did not know about the voice texting thing. Never the less, it is difficult to read.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here is how Obamacare will affect yor company provided plan. You and your company will be paying for FedEx's healthcare (through Obamacare) via personal and corporate income taxes. This is because the fines FedEx agrees to pay are a smattering of what covering their employees will really cost. Meanwhile, UPS will be also be paying a mint for your company healthcare. In the end, FedEx will be able to undercut UPS's rates even further, steal away another 30% of our customers, and the bottom 20% of our hourly workforce will go on indefinite layoff.
Of course, UPS will hire 20% more managers to crack the whip on remaining drivers.
One has to be really blind not to read the writing on the wall.
That's basically what hall said. He thought Obamacare was going to be great for the workers but once he sat down and started talking to the company he realized that in reality it was going to force us to make huge concessions on healthcare and there was nothing he could do about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

UPS wants a 7 year deal

If this is true. Not calling u a liar just saying if it is. I don't even understand why we are at the table. There is nothing to discuss really for any part of the proposal it's all a NO.