Contract rumor.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

FedExGround has been around at least since 1985, with contractors and everything; however Ground as we know it really came about when FedEx acquired RPS. THAT was in response to the strike of '97.

didyousheetit

Its easy to explain what its like to work for UPS. They already see me rolling home at 8pm. They see me when it snows rolling home at 9-9:30 at night and then snow blowing my driveway. They know I can't play softball anymore because I can't get off to play the 1st game. They don't see me at the little league games, the school plays or other functions. They see me have to cancel on them because I can't get an 8 hour or got screwed on my 8 hour. They know when I have to call in sick just to be able to participate in a 7:00 event.

My friends, family, and even customers know I get paid well, but they also know what I can't do because of it.

how do you get screwed on 8 hr request?

Griff

The point is, you won't be told the truth about what the company is proposing. Union bosses were flat out lying to us in 97 about part time jobs when everyone with a pea-brain knew it was about mulitiemployer pensions. Not saying we can't or shouldn't vote no the first time around, just saying make the union prove to you what they claim the company is offering, and then make up your own mind. Let's not be fools this time. Show up at the meetings, and vote NO on any strike authorization vote.
And just remember, strike 97 is why FedEx was created, and the bottom 15% of our workforce never returned to UPS.

In 1997 the center I work out of had around 45 seniority drivers. Today, in 2013, the center has nearly 80 seniority drivers.

In 1997 my route used to do about 80 stops a day for 9 hours of work. Do i need to tell you how many stops I do today for 9 hours of work?

Take this 1997 crap off the boards. This is 2013, with record profits on the table, we aren't taking concessions. The company isn't in a position to even request concessions. If the company wants concessions, a strike is needed and more than justified. This is why unions were created, to keep greedy companies in check. Make no mistake about it, they just want to reduce our share of the pie to give THEMSELVES more and still maintain their plans to grow the business. Top executive pay at UPS has done nothing but skyrocket since 2008 and if they aren't down with taking less, neither am i.

As for hall and the rest of the people on here trying to hang this all on Obamacare because UPS says or aligned a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet to forecast bankruptcy for UPS.....I got a nice beachfront house in Iowa I need to show you. I'll give you a great deal on it, I promise.

I have my lawn chair and cooler ready.

bryanturner100

ok here we go heard this twice last week gotta lot friends in the union and at different companies around my area word on the street here is amazon called ups directly after the health care proposal and told them we don't need any problems with service and it would be in our best interest to not drag this out

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Don't you want the right to at least vote on your contract at least once? You can always do a strike authorization vote.

I dont want to waste time and effort voting on bullschitt offers.

We elected a Negotiating Committee, and we had the opportunity to attend union meetings and make our voices heard in regards to what our priorities are. In order to do its job effectively and force the company to bargain in good faith, our Negotiating Committee needs to have the hammer of a potential strike available to them. Otherwise, the company wont bother making any sort of legitimate offer at all.

Notretiredyet

Rumors are just that rumors, have two close friends on national and central states negotiating teams. Most contract language has been agreed on, monetary issues being discussed now. No point going into the details until its done, then we can start hashing it out in this public forum. JMO

kingOFchester

Rumors are just that rumors, have two close friends on national and central states negotiating teams. Most contract language has been agreed on, monetary issues being discussed now. No point going into the details until its done, then we can start hashing it out in this public forum. JMO

Yes, rumors. As the topic states. But it seems people do want to discuss the rumor (106 posts and counting) and rumors could be squashed if we were given more updates. It is our contract.

InsideUPS

Yes, rumors. As the topic states. But it seems people do want to discuss the rumor (106 posts and counting) and rumors could be squashed if we were given more updates. It is our contract.

ok here we go heard this twice last week gotta lot friends in the union and at different companies around my area word on the street here is amazon called ups directly after the health care proposal and told them we don't need any problems with service and it would be in our best interest to not drag this out

Well, here is something that isn't rumor.......kingOfchester is a French Model...

The following is technically a rumor which I, InsideUPS, in first person testimony proclaim to be true and accurate on this 18th day of March 2013. "Several of our large TDP customers have recently pulled their accounts and are now shipping with FedEx. Also, I have a close friend in E-Commerce that that tells me his job is being threatened daily if he cannot secure more accounts".

It is time for many UPS Teamsters to quit taking for granted..... that each and every contract comes with wage and benefit increases without effort on the part of our Union. WE......ALL of US are the Union and we must start getting serious about the choices that we soon may face.

P.S. I hope no one here has "Francophobia"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francophobia

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Well, here is something that isn't rumor....... Several of our large TDP customers have recently pulled their accounts and are now shipping with FedEx. Also, I have a close friend in E-Commerce that that tells me his job is being threatened daily if he cannot secure more accounts.

Not saying you are incorrect, but all you stated is a rumor until it can be substantiated. As it stands now, you could be a French model posing as InsideUPS.

BTW, I am a French model. Bonjour

reydluap

As for hall and the rest of the people on here trying to hang this all on Obamacare because UPS says or aligned a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet to forecast bankruptcy for UPS.....I got a nice beachfront house in Iowa I need to show you. I'll give you a great deal on it, I promise.

I have my lawn chair and cooler ready.

Hey, I'll take you up on that "beachfront house" offer if it's on Lake Rathbun in S.E.Iowa !!!! My wife and I are looking at properties now to retire on. Can you shoot me a better price on this property??

Rathbun Lake Real Estate, Rathbun Lake, Iowa Homes, Rathbun Lake Investment Property - Hometown Realty

Ok.......Back to regular scheduled programing on contract issues, carry on.........

kingOFchester

Well, here is something that isn't rumor.......kingOfchester is a French Model...

The following is technically a rumor which I, InsideUPS, in first person testimony proclaim to be true and accurate on this 18th day of March 2013. "Several of our large TDP customers have recently pulled their accounts and are now shipping with FedEx. Also, I have a close friend in E-Commerce that that tells me his job is being threatened daily if he cannot secure more accounts".

It is time for many UPS Teamsters to quit taking for granted..... that each and every contract comes with wage and benefit increases without effort on the part of our Union. WE......ALL of US are the Union and we must start getting serious about the choices that we soon may face.

P.S. I hope no one here has "Francophobia"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francophobia

Which large TDP customers pulled their account? Just trying to get a handle on the info. I would not be surprised in the least bit that this is true.

brown_trousers

UPS gave stock holders a sizable raise in dividends just recently. UPS cant seriously expect to give out raises to others (stock holders) while asking concessions from us. If they want a significant concession like forcing health care contributions, then we better see stock holders make sacrifices as well! If UPS is in a tough financial situation like they claim to be, we teamsters shouldnt be the only group asked to make sacrificies. If we take concessions, then so do stock holders and management!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS gave stock holders a sizable raise in dividends just recently. UPS cant seriously expect to give out raises to others (stock holders) while asking concessions from us. If they want a significant concession like forcing health care contributions, then we better see stock holders make sacrifices as well! If UPS is in a tough financial situation like they claim to be, we teamsters shouldnt be the only group asked to make sacrificies. If we take concessions, then so do stock holders and management!

I'm not disagreeing other than the fact that lower management has taken lots of cuts already. I'm not just talking cutting the pure number of them. I'm talking salary and benefit cuts.

twoweeled

All I can say is based on what happened in 97, DO NOT give the union a strike authorization. FORCE them to give us the company's last best and final offer. We would be glad at that point to have the union go over it line by line and tell us what they like and don't like, but ONLY WE should be making the decision to strike--not union bosses--and we can't make the right decision unless we have PERSONALLY seen the company's offer. I repeat, DO NOT GIVE THEM A STRIKE AUTHORIZATION.

I think we have to give the international the strike authorization vote. If left to us, the company knows it's dealing with a divided, and none organized group. Can't be any better for the company than that. With the strike authorization put into the hands of the union, the company knows the union is in a position to move. The union must know better what the company will do, and won't no. If the union doesn't at least get the strike authorization, we are done!!!! The company will know we are divided, unorganized, and afraid to strike. So what is our threat then?