Contract Rumors...

DorkHead

I am very confident that a deal will be struck and a strike averted; however, if we do strike, I will not waste my time standing on a picket line--I have a friend who does lawn care who is always looking for help. This may surprise some of you but I would never even think of crossing a picket line. This does not mean that I would agree with or support a strike--it simply means that I would honor the picket line.

I am glad to hear this. Everyone has to do what it takes to support their family. I hope that you will be able to at least picket for a half hour or some amount of time. Believe me, it`s not a waste of time. It does serve a purpose. Starting Jan. 1st, I will be putting some money aside every week just to be on the safe side. I suggest everyone else do the same if you can.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam is a Ground contractor and highly skilled in the use of sarcasm.

Thank you, but I'm not being sarcastic this time. Just perusing the forums it seems that the company takes liberties with it's interpretation. If a two tiered system is on the horizon, the union should get something in return. This would seem a fair consolation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Thank you, but I'm not being sarcastic this time. Just perusing the forums it seems that the company takes liberties with it's interpretation. If a two tiered system is on the horizon, the union should get something in return. This would seem a fair consolation.

Do you mean compromise ?

The only place a two tiered system is being discussed, is on this forum.

Upstate, has brought this up numerous times.... But, I don't think he has a grasp on how little that would be.

If the company is looking for monetary savings.... Pension and Heath Care contributions are big dollars.

It is going to be hard for the company to cry "poor-mouth".... When everyone can see what they are making.

We will do good....

Management.... on the other hand.... will get what they give them.

Heads up.... Hoax.

-Bug-

bbsam

Staff member
It may be that Upstate brought it up, but it seems to be on folks' mind quite a bit, even to the tune of what the company would have to offer in the way of an incentive/bribe to get members on board.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am glad to hear this. Everyone has to do what it takes to support their family. I hope that you will be able to at least picket for a half hour or some amount of time. Believe me, it`s not a waste of time. It does serve a purpose. Starting Jan. 1st, I will be putting some money aside every week just to be on the safe side. I suggest everyone else do the same if you can.

In 1997 we had a fool on our picket line who decided to get drunk and harass motorists who did not support our cause. It was at that point that I decided to make better use of my time and got a job working construction.

JonFrum

The APWA couldn't apply enough pressure to stop a bleeding paper cut. That was a Federal rule change that necessitated early negotiations last time.
I don't recall any federal rule change necessitating early negotiations.

I do recall UPS wanting the Contract wrapped up early to avoid bad publicity. And to have it ratified before the end of the year 2007, so their Withdrawal Liability would be limited to $6.1 billion, and not include the additional billion(s) that they would owe if they withdrew normally at the Contract expiration date of July 31, 2008.

Hoffa and Crew, of course, moved Heaven and Earth to make it happen.

stink219

In 1997 we had a fool on our picket line who decided to get drunk and harass motorists who did not support our cause. It was at that point that I decided to make better use of my time and got a job working construction.
Sounds like you want to benefit from our great union without backing it. Any person that can't put aside time for the future of our people can kiss my :censored2:. You can still work a job and then go show support after you work. In 97 we had a 24hour picket line in RI.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sounds like you want to benefit from our great union without backing it. Any person that can't put aside time for the future of our people can kiss my :censored2:. You can still work a job and then go show support after you work. In 97 we had a 24hour picket line in RI.

I bet you went to sleep you slacker!

stink219

I bet you went to sleep you slacker!
No, I save that for my shift. 4 10 min breaks and 2 lunches for me. Shooting for 95k this year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What part of RI? I am from Woonsocket.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am very confident that a deal will be struck and a strike averted; however, if we do strike, I will not waste my time standing on a picket line--I have a friend who does lawn care who is always looking for help. This may surprise some of you but I would never even think of crossing a picket line. This does not mean that I would agree with or support a strike--it simply means that I would honor the picket line.

So you will be out mowing lawns for some old cougar checking you out through her window....better not take your shirt off she might get the wrong idea tiger....ggrrrrr

bigblu 2 you

another nugget for your resume'.