Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
You have to compare UPS CEO with other CEO's......otherwise it's apples to oranges and makes no sense.

Of course CEO is going to make more than a janitor........that's a gimme.

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
Before egos get bloated and accusations get tossed around. You better keep in mind what happened recently between Hostess and the Teamsters. I would rather see us work past our contract expiration date and make the new contract retroactive than to Strike. If by chance UPS closes its doors, WE are ALL SCREWED!!!!! Active employees AND retirees.
This comparison is not just apples and oranges, it's more like apples and hot dogs.
You probably don't know all the facts there.
What you speak of was between hostess and the BCTGM. The teamsters were the "innocent bystanders" begging for the BCTGM to reconsider.

fr8dog

You have to compare UPS CEO with other CEO's......otherwise it's apples to oranges and makes no sense.

Of course CEO is going to make more than a janitor........that's a gimme.
So we have to compare once crook to another? People have to stop saying that. That's what got this country in trouble. "We'll the CEO for xxx makes this amount so I deserve that also". janitor 20/hr, teacher 30/hr principal 500/hr?

reydluap

This comparison is not just apples and oranges, it's more like apples and hot dogs.
You probably don't know all the facts there.
What you speak of was between hostess and the BCTGM. The teamsters were the "innocent bystanders" begging for the BCTGM to reconsider.
Let me spell my point out simpler for you. Greedy Company........ Teamsters are out of work. Not bring in any other of the details into my comments, just the final out come. NOW do see where I'm coming from? We're on the same side folks.

fr8dog

Before egos get bloated and accusations get tossed around. You better keep in mind what happened recently between Hostess and the Teamsters. I would rather see us work past our contract expiration date and make the new contract retroactive than to Strike. If by chance UPS closes its doors, WE are ALL SCREWED!!!!! Active employees AND retirees.

Nooooooo.... That's what you have in your favor. Being able to strike on aug 1. We(mechanics) worked 3+ years past our expiration date. Do u wont to go that long without a raise. Plus retro has to be negotiated. It's not a guarantee.

barnyard

KTM rider
Good luck replacing all those Feeder drivers, they won't even have enough to keep the volume moving off the rail. We can all easily get jobs at any number of carriers with our experience and safety records for near the same money.

The Fed has been paying for CDL training as part of employment retraining for the unemployed for years. Because of that, there is a glut of CDL holders. Granted they cannot drive for crap, but they do have a CDL.

Finding a driving job that pays more than $50K a year is really, really hard. I have been looking since September.

Regardless, until there is a strike vote, there cannot be a strike.

barnyard

KTM rider
Actually, UPS proposing that bargaining unit employees pay for a portion of their healthcare is brilliant on many fronts.

They are laying the groundwork that even if it is not approved in this contract, it is coming.

It also allows upper levels of management to shrug their shoulders when middle managers complain about having to pay a portion of their insurance (they have been paying a portion for at least 5 years.)

The proverbial killing 2 birds with one stone.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So we have to compare once crook to another? People have to stop saying that. That's what got this country in trouble. "We'll the CEO for xxx makes this amount so I deserve that also". janitor 20/hr, teacher 30/hr principal 500/hr?
Like to like.....that's how a comparison is made. Maybe now you have a chance for that 100th post. Whoopie!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Mo,
My point was to put a face or person and attached it to management Scott Davis hasn't taken any cuts and is well compensated , yet that face is asking the hard working rank and file to step backward .Has he taken any cuts ? Does he deliver 200+ stops a day ? Does he work the sort aisle busting his chops as a second job so his kids can have benefits ? Does he work 2 jobs and drive Saturday Airs so his spouse who is very ill has hospitalization ? The answer is no but he increased his compensation 10 percent last year which is away above the dollars and percentage any of us have ever received ! He should make money but not screw the people.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mo,
My point was to put a face or person and attached it to management Scott Davis hasn't taken any cuts and is well compensated , yet that face is asking the hard working rank and file to step backward .Has he taken any cuts ? Does he deliver 200+ stops a day ? Does he work the sort aisle busting his chops as a second job so his kids can have benefits ? Does he work 2 jobs and drive Saturday Airs so his spouse who is very ill has hospitalization ? The answer is no but he increased his compensation 10 percent last year which is away above the dollars and percentage any of us have ever received ! He should make money but not screw the people.
Until you walk in Scott's shoes, you don't know what his daily challenges are.
Guessing doesn't make it so.

happyboy

I hope that we don't strike but there is always thatpossibility that’s why it would be smart to have a plan “b” just in case. Ithink the company would like to bust the union.. they are try to dumb down ourjobs for a reason you know, take the skill away any anyone off of the streetcan do our job.

LagunaBrown

Whatever...... If you want give away what we earned that's on you. Its a real step backwards in labor the way people just fold. Get a backbone and stand together. There are many educated employees that are here because of the benefits. They really worked hard to help the company rebuild after last strike and absorbed the brunt of work make record profits over the length of this contract. It's about doing what is right.

stink219

Word going around my Hub Is were going on strike !!!!!!! UPS offers $90 a week for healthcare coverage And it goes up 10% a year Plus reduced by 40% your vision and your dental for everybody part-time full-time retirees !!! Meetings come to a screeching halt Ken walks out of meetings !!!!!!

First of all........ Where is this $90 calculation coming from??? Did you just pull that number out of your ass? Did your shop steward pull that number out of his ass, and start spreading it as a rumor? Im confused as to where these dollar figures are coming from!
It came from hall as an average from the NEGOTIATION TABLE.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mo,

Why are you arguing with moreluck? She hasnt the first clue about UPS, its operations, its pay structures, its corporate pay rates, or any other factors relating to negotiations??

What you and everyone else should be focusing on is protecting yourself and your family from a potential work stoppage. This debating about scott davis is useless. We all understand he makes way too much money as compared to his employees.

If anyone just wanders through the next 5 months as if this is a "business as usual" negotiations and it will be done by July 31st, then you will suffer those consequences when they hit you.

The rest of us need to plan, drivers- find something, a part time job on your route in the pm so you can walk the line in the am, or find a part time job in the am so you can walk the line in the pm. Part timers, find another opportunity for work in the am, or speak to your drivers and see if there is anything on their routes that will hire your temporarily.

Save money. Work as many hours as you can leading up July. LAY DOWN two weeks vacation before july, then work those two weeks and bank that money. MAKE UPS PAY FOR ITS OWN STRIKE.

My center drivers have layed down two weeks just for the sole purpose of "cashing" them in by working those weeks and putting that money in the bank.

I have prepared my crew for this event, and they are taking it seriously. Nobody is talking about scott davis or anyone else. That debate is useless.

The Teamsters are digging in, the company is digging in. YOU SHOULD AS WELL.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Until you walk in Scott's shoes, you don't know what his daily challenges are.
Guessing doesn't make it so.

Until YOU actually pull a shift at ANYTHING at UPS, you will never know what any of the jobs entail. You know absolutely nothing about the role of scott davis or his contributions to the daily operations.

Peace

TOS