contract update email

UpsYours

Got the same info this am from steward in a parking lot meeting.this is bullsh-t.vote NO and stand firm.give these people an inch now and they will take a mile later..oh wait..they want a mile now.

Got the same info this am from steward in a parking lot meeting.this is bullsh-t.vote NO and stand firm.give these people an inch now and they will take a mile later..oh wait..they want a mile now.
Your right don't give them an inch instead give them whatever you've got 5 ,6 7,8 inches right up the rear. We are the foundation that this company's profits were built on. Lube it or jam it in dry whatever we have EARNED it for us and THEM.

iruhnman630

Any word on what the company offered in return? I noticed the e-mail makes no mention of them offering us anything in return.

And why should we GIVE anything when UPS is MAKING record profits? Logic would be that since they are MAKING more that we should MAKE more. I want UPS to make even more money. nothing wrong with that. But there is something wrong with giving when they are at record profits. Right on

Lets hope that UPS feels the same way. A line has to be drawn. Whenever anyone gambles, bids or negotiates anything they are wise to have a line drawn on what they are willing to pay. We aren't paying. Pay if forward and educate your brothers and sisters.

Standing for what is right with your brothers IS something to celebrate when it is the right thing to do. It's hat we should do as men & women.

The brothers before me that striked in 97' should be celebrated for what they accomplished.nope we just did what we had to do. That's all. Thanks for the props though

Did I do ok with my quotes sir? U have come a long way. I'm proud of you

Ms.PacMan

For full-timers, that’s like losing $2.25 an hour in the first year. For part-timers guaranteed 17.5 hours a week, that’s $5.14 an hour in the first year. By the end of the contract, you would be paying nearly $7,000 more a year, or over $130 a week.That’s $3.32 an hour for a full-time worker in the final year of the contract. For part-timers, the cost is $7.53 an hour. Over the life of the agreement, it will cost you nearly $30,000.

This has been stuck in my head all day.....

So they already know it's a four year contract?

Because the figures they are using would be for a four year period. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if negotiations are even real.