Contract update letter from Teamster

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Thank you Upstate for clarifying it to Realbrown. I should have been more clear with him. But I think he knew my intent all along and just chose to be a DB instead.
I remember that night well. Lots of posts announcing the new TA. You were pretty much calling them all liars. Your bosses up the chain didn't do a very good job of keeping you informed now, did they?

stink219

Thank you Upstate for clarifying it to Realbrown. I should have been more clear with him. But I think he knew my intent all along and just chose to be a DB instead.
I remember that night well. Lots of posts announcing the new TA. You were pretty much calling them all liars. Your bosses up the chain didn't do a very good job of keeping you informed now, did they?
Actually, I got a call from my BA during the day time recess the day before. They had not reached a TA as of yet. The planned on staying the weekend if it wasn't solidified. They stayed until midnight the night before and whole next day. If you noticed I posted that he called me the day of the announcement about an hour after it was online. I made one post that called bs. Like I said, it was planned to be on Monday. And your talking about 2 separate things. The actual announcement of the TA and the info in the TA. Don't think I can't smell your bullshét.

This post exemplifies why you shouldn't be allowed a vote at all.
1) CS H&W Fund is a separate entity from the CS Pension. No money can be intermingled whatsoever.
2) UPS did not "take" any money from the CS Pension. They paid their withdrawal liability of over 6Bl, not million. That payment solved much of CS's underfunding at the time but Oct '08 hit huge assets vanished. Bad timing but not nefarious intent.
3) No dues money goes to any Trust Fund, Pension or H&W.
Your inaccuracies on this challenge any credibilty your "followers" might have for any of your views.
yea I think he's ignorant also

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anybody who has read my posts on this site know that I am union to the bone.
Guys like 407 and Stink have always been my allies and I hope they still are.
I have remained quiet on these threads, but can do so no longer.
Come on fellas, really????
I can't "go along to get along" like you guys seem to be doing in endorsing this concessionary contract.
Whether the Central States Healthcare Plan is solvent today, with many months of reserves, it is obvious to me that the actuaries have determined that this will not continue to be the case.
With a declining membership in most of the other Teamster sectors, coupled with a disproportional ratio of retirees, the union is once again attempting to prop up a soon to be failing entity on the backs of UPSers.
It happened in last contract, when the company was solicited to purchase the employee liability from Central States and form a single employer fund in order to avoid Red Zone status.
Wasn't this something we fought vehemently to avoid a decade previously in 1997?
Now this move???, which to me seems contradictory to the aforementioned pension buyout.
I very much want to believe that our union is looking out for our best interests, but I fear we are in the midst having our shoes peed on while being told it is raining.

stink219

I would never base my opinion of anyone that voices a difference of opinion. I am always your ally. Democrat, Republican, Yes vote, No vote, I hold no hard feelings. I never harped on anyone for their health care concerns. I do get agitated with others that have a limited scope of other language knowledge that form a decision based upon obscure sources. This is not you Bubble. Your a smart person that makes concise decisions.
I have had tremendous success with my union bennies. We have a great plan with plenty of reserves. That's my experience in local 251. Just my opinion.
You always have a free pass in my book bro.

RealPerson

I can't "go along to get along" like you guys seem to be doing in endorsing this concessionary contract.
Whether the Central States Healthcare Plan is solvent today, with many months of reserves, it is obvious to me that the actuaries have determined that this will not continue to be the case.
With a declining membership in most of the other Teamster sectors, coupled with a disproportional ratio of retirees, the union is once again attempting to prop up a soon to be failing entity on the backs of UPSers.
It happened in last contract, when the company was solicited to purchase the employee liability from Central States and form a single employer fund in order to avoid Red Zone status.
Wasn't this something we fought vehemently to avoid a decade previously in 1997?
Now this move???, which to me seems contradictory to the aforementioned pension buyout.
I very much want to believe that our union is looking out for our best interests, but I fear we are in the midst having our shoes peed on while being told it is raining.

Well said...

If the union thinks it has a decline now, what do you think will happen after this lacking TA passes if it does??
I believe the union is shooting itself in the foot.
They have UPS over the Fire, strike NOW ---
Record Profits in a DOWN Economy, so only should get better with places like usps talking about ending sat delivery.
Amazon treating to take business else where
Decent amount of people in the union... If this passes good luck next contract...

stink219

Asskicker, why did you choose to be a 30yr part timer?
Maybe he is at a different point in his life. That's your problem you have a one track mind.
One track mind? I didn't ask if i could bang him. Maybe you can let him answer the simple question I asked. It's just a simple question without motive. I was just curious. His reason could be anything.
It's apparent that your mind allowed you to have contempt for me asking. Your impulsivity to answer for others is way beyond intrusive.
So, going forward, should I ask you first before I ask Asskicker a question?
No hard feelings.

Last edited:
I like these guys to. I bet they are great stewards. But just because I got mine or this contract is great is not good. There local TA mite be good but that's between their local members. But the master has a lot of unanswered questions in the healthcare area. 407, stink and inthegame are in teamster plans in their local. If this passes I'll bet the next contract they will have healthcare issues and all the other IBT members are going to say you are SOL. I'm just try to get everyone together so stuff like this doesn't happen. We need their vote and wisdom to spread the word. If they needed that from me I would be there until the end. I would picket with them even if the are not in my local if they asked. It is just frustrating that they don't even care that we are asking for their vote.

One track mind? I didn't ask if i could bang him. Maybe you can let him answer the simple question I asked. It's just a simple question without motive. I was just curious. His reason could be anything.
It's apparent that your mind allowed you to have contempt for me asking. You need to work on your self control buddy. Your impulsivity to answer for others is way beyond intrusive.
So, going forward, should I ask you first before I ask Asskicker a question? Is he allowed to answer? Can he come out and play?
Someone needs to work on self control sounds like you. It wasn't pertaining to him. It was to all the Pt out there that stay instead of going Ft. Which is ok. But if you stay in Pt you are screwed because the young Pt and Ft sold you out. Sorry you are SOL. the company is getting what they want a divided union.

stink219

Realclown!! Oh Realcown......... Come out come out wherever you are!!!!! These are some quotes for ya.
So today you made some pretty strong accusations. Here are your posts.
Correct me if I am wrong, but when people started posting on here the night of April 25th that we had a TA in place, didn't you say NO WE DON'T. And then later that night you said we did and started calling Hall the GOAT.
If you knew the details, how did you not know we had an agreement?
An agreement and details are 2 separate things. Are you confused by the two?

Liars? Liars you say?

Here are my posts from the night in question:
Lol. What exactly did you hear?

There is no tentative agreement unless you are talking about your supplement.

I digress. I was just called by my BA. I'll be on a conference call tomorrow.
So as you can see, apparently your memory is a bit off. You said I called people liars? The proof is right there. Who is lying now rooster swallower?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Realclown!! Oh Realcown......... Come out come out wherever you are!!!!! These are some quotes for ya.
So today you made some pretty strong accusations. Here are your posts.

An agreement and details are 2 separate things. Are you confused by the two?

Liars? Liars you say?

Here are my posts from the night in question:

So as you can see, apparently your memory is a bit off. You said I called people liars? The proof is right there. Who is lying now rooster swallower?

People were saying there was a TA in place and you responded with what?
What is that calling them then? Mistaken or liars or both?

rpoz11

They have UPS over the Fire, strike NOW ---
Record Profits in a DOWN Economy, so only should get better with places.
Decent amount of people in the union... If this passes good luck next contract...

RealPerson
My comment here is only a comment, nothing else ; OK?
Now, understand that there are far deeper meanings to what is happening right now.
I stumbled upon 1, but I am doing more documenting before I can release it.
Remember, UPS is the company and we are the union employees.
Be a bit more flexible in saying we have them over the fire.
UPS has a wildcard in their back pocket.
Lets just say that its bigger than both the Company & the Union.
It's not the most favorable wildcard to have.
But the Union side isn't liking it either.
It's quite a bit of give and take, per se.

On your "strike NOW" comment :
Folks : there will not be a strike.
I base this on economics and demographics I have.
Lets all STOP any Strike talk.

Your comment : " Record profits in a DOWN economy".
Take a quick look at the Stock market volume.
Over 15K?!!!
Even I am surprised how high that is.
But...
What troubles me, like corporate UPS, big business and profiting small businesses nationwide are this result.
When they make this profit line, where is that profit going?
How is it being re-invested?
Back to Corporate UPS, where exactly is this profit going?

Our Brand needs constant financial support.
Will these profits be used this way?
​On us???

ls6-m22

I've been a part timer for almost 20 years and I would have gone full time but I have a disability that prevented me from being a driver.No 22.3s at my center.I Just work 2 jobs and hope I get to keep what I have.This contract does nothing for me.

rpoz11

I've been a part timer for almost 20 years and I would have gone full time but I have a disability that prevented me from being a driver.No 22.3s at my center.I Just work 2 jobs and hope I get to keep what I have.This contract does nothing for me.

Sounds like a Mighty Chevelle

stink219

People were saying there was a TA in place and you responded with what?
What is that calling them then? Mistaken or liars or both?
Oh Jesus Christ guy!! You are so reaching. If I were to call someone a liar, I'd say LIAR!! Your that guy, that needs to be right no matter what. Let me ask, do you have a deep need to be right which masks a deep fear of being wrong? A high need to expect others to see it your way? Do you have an inability to say, "I don't know." and "I was wrong."? Feel threatened when new ideas come from other people? Fear of hearing new information that threatens your beliefs? Fear of letting go or a need to be in control at all times? A desire of winning approval from others? The need to always be seen as tough, powerful and strong? Believe that others who disagree with you are wrong and should "just get over it"? Use charm, anger, withdrawal or blaming to settle arguments?
If so, what your feeling is a term used in psychology as Reactant Dissocial Personality Disorder. Otherwise know as being a Mr. Know it all.

Here is some information for your issue.
http://www.audreymarlene-lifecoach.com/the-need-to-be-right.html

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I am gonna laugh my head off, if the part timers think that pissing off Hoffa and Hall is going to make the contract better ! You are insane !!!

In the unlikely chance the TA gets voted down, Hall will walk up those steps toward the negotiating table, shake hands with all of UPS's contract guys and they will both screw you into the next decade !!!

You will find out quickly that Part Time help is an unemployment line away !!!! :raspberry:

Asskicker

I think you are wrong Hefferman. Are part timers suppose to kiss Hoffa and hall ass when they are constantly getting screwed in these contracts. friend them. We are paying their salary remember. Without us they have no job. So they should start kissing our ass. With all of the right to work states now, and I'm sure more in the future.....what the hell is Hoffa thinking? This was the perfect place for the Union to shine. Show America the benefits of being employed by a Union. I hear nothing but Union bashing after the teacher strike, Hostess, etc..... Now the Union sells us out with a very profitable company. Like someone said earlier, good luck next contract. And good luck in all of your re-elections. Anyone looking to run for a Union office should start making their plans now. If this passes you might win by a landslide.

And to answer you Stink, I started part time while attending college. After I graduated things got complicated in life and back then there were weeks when some of us would work doubles. That's more money then a full timer would make working the same hours. (at least a new full timer). I tried driving but it just wasn't my thing. Not everyone is cut out to drive. And since the 22.3 jobs they are grossly lopsided. There are hundreds of jobs in some buildings, and none in others. If you've been working two jobs this long, it's hard to quit one to put all your cards in UPS. So life goes on.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Teacher strikes and the Hostess bankruptcy have nothing to do with the Teamsters. Hostess was screwed by a different union.
Union strikes for greedy workers are what has tainted "UNION" in the last 20 years. Hall knows this and has given us a fair contract with raises and free health care for 5 more years.
Health care prices will soon be coming out of our pockets if it doesn't start leveling off. My family and friends are astounded that I pay nothing. They say I'm wrong, but I assure them. At least I know for the next 5 years, I'm in

I also don't see why squeezing every nickel out of UPS profits is what makes a contract successful. I'd rather work for a strong company than a dying one. Sorry, Hall has been negotiating contracts with UPS for a long time. If he says this is our best contract, then I believe him. Every contract is give and take no matter if the company is making money or losing it.

As for part timers. I was one for 6 years. We are/were all monkeys in a warehouse moving product from Point A to Point B. We are just trained where in Point B we have to put it. Part timer pay or compensation have never and will never be the focal point of Teamster negotiation. I knew that soon after I signed up for it. Working part time is not a career or will it ever. You have to work somewhere else also while working here.

I do feel for PT that are waiting for Full Time employment, but in smaller centers, that is based on attrition not contract language.

Last edited: