contract update

stink219

Commenting on the earlier post on how a supervisor is telling his employees what the contract is doing is typical management BS. No matter what they say they hear you shouldn't believe them. They are still sour about paying for there benefits and what happened with their pension. I do think the company will try to get us to pay for medical but i think sometime down the road it would get negotiated to new hires hired after the ratification date with them paying a small part. The rest of would get grandfathered in. Also I have sat in the last 5 national and local contract talks and medical was never mentioned......
So you can update the people. Tell them the bullet points of where we are at.

Notretiredyet

The first few weeks of negotiations focused on option days and 8hr requests and the difference of opinions between the company and the teamsters on how this has or has not been working. That's all I'm gonna say, anything else is BS. Monetary issues are not even scheduled for talks till after the holidays.

Notretiredyet

Oh by the way, I'm not a first time poster on this forum. Been gone for awhile and for some reason couldn't get my old username to work. Everyone need's a fresh start sometimes.

H

htown0721

It's funny how people forget. Bush kinda really screwed this country up bad remember?? It might have worked out a little better if he would have went back to drinking and the nose candy. That guy was a pure idiot and he set us back something real bad.

Yes, but Obama has been at it over three years and what has he done to turn the economy around except put us in more debt than Bush ever did. But I do not blame the President for the entirety of the situation but I wish he would stop blaming Bush and start being proactive on how to actually turn the economy around. Actions speak louder than words.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's funny how people forget. Bush kinda really screwed this country up bad remember?? It might have worked out a little better if he would have went back to drinking and the nose candy. That guy was a pure idiot and he set us back something real bad.

Yes, but Obama has been at it over three years and what has he done to turn the economy around except put us in more debt than Bush ever did. But I do not blame the President for the entirety of the situation but I wish he would stop blaming Bush and start being proactive on how to actually turn the economy around. Actions speak louder than words.

I can't believe you went there 407

I didn't hear Bush or anyone else blame Clinton for 9/11

The reason the deficit went up with G.W. was for the war on terror, which was our reaction to 9/11

Obama's deficit was more with the funding of bad economic packages, we couldn't afford.

Bush had to do what he did, Obama's economic policies screwed the country

stink219

My apologies if I scared anyone and 407 in my contract update. So I will post another,
Contract talks are running smoothly. There is an array of information being worked on in an effort to reach an early agreement. This effort will help our members, UPS and most importantly the customers. I hope this will suffice.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

The reason the deficit went up with G.W. was for the war on terror, which was our reaction to 9/11

Obama's deficit was more with the funding of bad economic packages, we couldn't afford.

No, the reason the deficit exploded under Bush, was two wars, creating the biggest government bureaucracy in US history (Homeland Security), the prescription Medicare bill (which was an enormous handout to Big Pharma), and along with the Clinton era deregulation, creating an anything goes attitude towards Wall Street, with predictable financial results. Oh yeah, and two huge tax cuts, as to make all of the above completely unfunded. So pardon me if I laugh when I hear conservatives now speak of 'living beyond our means' and' saddling our grandchildren with debt'.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Any president taking credit for economic growth or contraction, or assigning blame, is in fantasy land. There would have to be extraordinary stimulus or a move towards Leninism for a president to be signficantly affecting growth.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No, the reason the deficit exploded under Bush, was two wars, creating the biggest government bureaucracy in US history (Homeland Security), the prescription Medicare bill (which was an enormous handout to Big Pharma), and along with the Clinton era deregulation, creating an anything goes attitude towards Wall Street, with predictable financial results. Oh yeah, and two huge tax cuts, as to make all of the above completely unfunded. So pardon me if I laugh when I hear conservatives now speak of 'living beyond our means' and' saddling our grandchildren with debt'.
conservatives weren't exactly fond of Bush.

My apologies if I scared anyone and 407 in my contract update. So I will post another,
Contract talks are running smoothly. There is an array of information being worked on in an effort to reach an early agreement. This effort will help our members, UPS and most importantly the customers. I hope this will suffice.
you didn't scare me at all bro but if you have knowledge of what is going on in negotiations this isn't the place that hall wants it discussed and you should know this. If my business agent tells me what's going on its because he know I'm not going to make him look bad on this forum. It's not to hard to figure out what local you are out of when its in your screen name and it gets back to people who will be pissed.

take care

stink219

you didn't scare me at all bro but if you have knowledge of what is going on in negotiations this isn't the place that hall wants it discussed and you should know this. If my business agent tells me what's going on its because he know I'm not going to make him look bad on this forum. It's not to hard to figure out what local you are out of when its in your screen name and it gets back to people who will be pissed.

take care
How did I make anyone look bad? Your talking out of your :censored2:.

browniehound

Personally, I am management so I already pay for a portion of my benefits and the grumbling through the rankings is that why do we have to pay a portion and not the employees. (honestly I do not care whether you pay for benefits or not and its not like we have to pay a ridiculous amount). So I think that this will be brought up in the next contract (heard from several division managers, not sure how much of it is bs). Either way I should be done with the company by the summer so I could not care less.

I hear ya, but if profits increase and continue to increase why should we give up anything in the next contract ie not paying for benefits? We should be given our raises and keep the status quo on the benefits as long as UPS is printing money quarter after quarter. Wy should we bargain for less if the company is creating more money in the "till"?

If profits decrease for reasons other than the impending reccesion Obama is destined to create than I would be more than happy to pay my fair share for the great benefit package. However, I don't forsee UPS profits falling on their own. They are just too good at getting every cent out of everything multiplied by 400,000 to not grow profits

Bad Gas!

Obama took a bad situation and made it worse...It's time for him to lead, not plead!

H

htown0721

I hear ya, but if profits increase and continue to increase why should we give up anything in the next contract ie not paying for benefits? We should be given our raises and keep the status quo on the benefits as long as UPS is printing money quarter after quarter. Wy should we bargain for less if the company is creating more money in the "till"?

If profits decrease for reasons other than the impending reccesion Obama is destined to create than I would be more than happy to pay my fair share for the great benefit package. However, I don't forsee UPS profits falling on their own. They are just too good at getting every cent out of everything multiplied by 400,000 to not grow profits

you know how it is, no matter how much money UPS makes, they are ALWAYS broke haha

stink219

How did I make anyone look bad? Your talking out of your :censored2:.
Whatever dude you just don't get it I don't care do what you want I already dropped the dime.
your frightening. Your such a narcissist. Every post you write is self promoting. I'm a steward also ****. You just chose to hide things from your members. I'm sure you back door them as well. You think cuz your friends with a BA, that your in the know. My bff is an international ibt vice prez. But I don't go brag about that. So drop your dime. I'll be waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Any president taking credit for economic growth or contraction, or assigning blame, is in fantasy land. There would have to be extraordinary stimulus or a move towards Leninism for a president to be signficantly affecting growth.
Thank you. The economy is much more cyclical than most people realize, the people in power always take the credit or the blame but the reality that they have very little to do with it the trick is to be in the water when the big wave comes. Clinton got lucky, Bush didn't. Obama has been unlucky so far but the economy is already in the start of a recovery that should become full fledged over the next 4 years. This past election just decided which party is going to get all the credit for it.