Contract vote update!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I wouldnt be shocked to see NE shoot this sucker down. Unforutnately, it won't matter, as the Central States desperate buyout made it a lock. That should have all been seperate, in it's own supplement. Instead, what it is, is pitting member against member, local against local, needs against needs. Pretty awful, thank God I'm not a new-hire and I'm full-time. :)

local804

Local 804 Teamsters voted by an overwhelming 3 to 1 margin against the national contract and their supplement, which would have put an end to 25 & Out pension benefits for new Teamsters among other givebacks.

Before the vote, management mailed a threatening letter to every Local 804 UPSer saying that if they voted down the supplement then the company and union trustees on the benefit fund would not restore the 30 percent pension cut imposed by UPS last year.

The 3 to 1 vote by Local 804 Teamsters was an overwhelming repudiation of these scare tactics—and a call for Local 804 leaders and the International Union to return to the bargaining table to negotiate a better contract offer.

Im actually amazed that its 3 to 1 not 6 to 1 but whatever!
Howie, get your arse back to the table and earn your money!!!!

Griff

Bunch of sellouts. A lot of you are going to deeply regret your choice. I hope the extra pension cash will do you a lot of good when you're at your panel hearing. Respect goes out to local 804.

Last edited:

Steward773

We voted down our supplement in central PA:happy-very:. My BA called me today and said hall called him and asked him why our local voted down our supplement. I told him to tell Ken to read it before asking such a stupid question! I can see the sweat starting to build on the forheads of the negotiating crew:laughing:. I want to give a shout out to local 804, and Western PA......way to stay united BROTHERS!

pkg-king

I'm thinking the supliments that were voted down won't be renegotiated. I think they will just hold a revote figuring those who voted no for both were just hoping to vote down the national. Now that the national has passed they may be hoping everyone will just vote yes on the sup. figuring the passing is inevitable.

browned out

Last contract we voted down our local rider. We thought it would hold up but National said it has to be voted down by 2/3 majority. What a load. You can win with only 1/3 of the vote.

local804

UPS Teamsters rejected three supplemental agreements in the East, putting the ratification of the UPS national contract on hold.

Teamsters in the Central Pennsylvania Supplement, the Western Pennsylvania Supplement and the New York Area Local 804 Supplement voted No and sent these agreements back for further improvements.

A fourth supplement, the Northern California supplement was also nearly rejected.

Overall the national agreement is headed toward approval by 65 percent. However, under the Teamster Constitution the national contract cannot be ratified until all of the supplements have been approved.

Union negotiators need to return to the bargaining table to negotiate improvements.

Local 804 Teamsters voted by an overwhelming 3 to 1 margin against the national contract and their supplement, which would have put an end to 25 & Out pension benefits for new Teamsters among other givebacks.

Cole

Good job 804 and others that voted it down. I just saw my local approved both our supplement and the Nt'l. Very low numbers voted, or ballots were "lost".

Insanity, hopefully stronger locals will show out!

moreluck

golden ticket member
AP
Teamsters Members Approve UPS Pact
Tuesday November 20, 4:27 pm ET
By Harry R. Weber, AP Business Writer Teamsters Members Approve New UPS Contract

ATLANTA (AP) -- The union representing the majority of UPS Inc.'s employees said Tuesday that members have approved a new five-year contract with the world's largest shipping carrier.
The agreement, which was reached Sept. 30 between UPS and Teamsters representatives, was approved by rank-and-file members by a 65 percent vote, according to a preliminary count released in a statement from the Teamsters.
Several riders to the agreement will need to be renegotiated, which is a typical practice, a Teamsters spokesman said.
The contract will raise wages annually and increase funds that provide pension, health and welfare benefits to the covered employees.
The agreement allows UPS to withdraw from the Central States Pension Fund, with the company making a $6.1 billion pretax payment to Central States. UPS has said it will borrow money to make the payment. UPS has said it will move employees into a single employer pension fund jointly administered by UPS management and the Teamsters.
The Teamsters represent 238,000 of UPS' 427,700 employees. Those represented include all hourly full-time drivers and part-time sorters.
The union said it will be several days before the final results of the vote will be certified.
Last month, Atlanta-based UPS, also known as United Parcel Service, said its growth in the fourth quarter, which includes the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, will be its slowest in four years due mostly to weak U.S. retail sales.
The company expects to deliver more than 22 million packages on its peak shipping day of Dec. 19, which would be flat with last year's peak day.
While it said its earnings projection for the year will be in line with previous projections, the company said it expects slowing retail sales will restrain U.S. domestic volume growth.
UPS Inc.: http://www.ups.com

steamroll

Well said brownshark, you sell-out agents are done so go look for another job soon. Members will bite back, we are coming for your jobs in 2008. (WITH FULL FORCE):biting:
time's up for our executive board, trustees, business agents & some stewards that sold us out. y'all can't fool everybody all the time:biting: