Contractors or Employees

B

badboy

Let me answer a few questions about the new website fedexaminer.com

1. The website is only 2 months old.
2. It is owned by a workmans' compensation attorney and is not used to recruit clients (he has his hands full with me, LOL)
3. FedEx has a policy about employees making public statements/posts so you have to become a member to view the forums so they are not public.
4. The attorney has to disclose that he owns the website (see the terms).

Here is the story of how FedExaminer came about:

I work at FedEx and hired the attorney in December 2002 because FedEx denied an injury claim they submitted with their CMS Sedgewick.

FedEx began doing some illegal things with my lawsuit and so the attorney reserved a domain name to post the documents. FedEx promptly suspended me, issued a writeup and demanded the domain name he registered (it was parked at the time) boycottfedex.info (please visit this URL, you will get a kick out of the site slogan!)

I was suspended because I could not give FedEx the password so they could take the domain name and FedEx could not use the notarized paperwork they forced me to sign since I was not the owner. I filed a GFT and lost the first step, then FedEx sent me a letter threatening to fire me if I disrupt their business again.

Since Fedex attacked us and has a habit of closing down employee websites such as fedup.com, fedexgroundbeef.com, fedex pilots.com the attorney decided to start a mega site with support from the ACLU, Stanford University Law Department, University Of San Francisco Law Department and the Electronic Frontier Foundation (eff.org) so fedexaminer.com was born.

There is going to be quite a fight if FedEx tries to take away FedExaminer.com

Because of the way FedEx has handled things (with me) there are two lawsuits and a complaint filed by the San Francisco Human Rights Commission pending. We plan to post some of the documents on the FedExaminer website after I leave FedEx.

Who am I? Badboy on FedExaminer.com

I am not a big fan of FedEx since they have treated me like crap and are trying everything to fire me (you would not believe the stuff they pull).

Please support the site and help spread the word. We need to get as many people active on the website as we can. We also need more links to the site so our search engine rank improves which will allow FedEx employees to find it.

Any promotional help or ideas would be appreciated. How about a link on the browncafe.com website main page?

B

badboy

I have been told that fedexaminer.com is just waiting for written permission to post the documents from this lawsuit including the two press releases and judges decision. The Law Firm has an office in San Francisco so I will ask the site owner to check again today since he is also in San Francisco. Word is just getting around about the lawsuit to the ground and home delivery contractors.

H

hr

Doesn't the same lawyer own the boycott fedex site? It still seems to me that these sites were designed to attract disgruntled fedex employees, like throwing chum into the water when you are fishing for sharks. He wants a link to his web sites to be added from the browncafe because it will improve their ranking in the search engines.

Badboy, do you really believe that your lawyer doesn't want other clients? He really has his hands full with you? What he really wants is to become the attorney that disgruntled fedex employees turn to when they get a papercut. Wake up buddy, you are being exploited.

B

badboy

I disagree with what you say about the lawyer. He does not like dealing with FedEx and I don't think he is looking for more clients there. There is no solicitation for his legal services.

He could have easily put information on his website to attract potential FedEx clients but I think it would be more geared to the cases he has won for his clients like other law firms have done.

FedEx employees can not own websites about fedex so the only way to have one is for someone else to take the ownership risk. You see what happened to teamster.net and their lawsuit.

Only time will tell the future.

F

fedexaminer

Dear HR: Why is it that people have a tendency to attack that which they do not understand, let alone know anything about (save for checking the WHOIS to see the ownership)? Indeed, FedExaminer is my website. In the future, it would be much apprecaited if you would verify your information before making allegations that you cannot substantiate. FedExaminer is only in its infancy, and with luck, it will become just as successful as BrownCafe. FedExaminer was not created to obtain additional clients ... I have more than enough clientele such that I do not need to look for new means of advertising. What was the original purpose of BrownCafe? Was it not to allow employees of UPS a platform to share information, such as gripes, etc.? I own FedExaminer because FedEx employees are not permitted to own a site that is critical of their company, not that my site is devoted to being critical ... if the company does good things, there is nothing to prevent users from making positive comments. In addition, my site is dedicated to free speech and does not censor postings, save for elimination of expletives (and this is done automatically). Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to respond.

M

my2cents

Teamster.net is an unmoderated free-for-all and it does not surprise me in the slightest that they have been sued. That whole debacle could have been avoided IMO, if the site was moderated. The only thing I find interesting about their lawsuit is if and how the LMRDA will be applied. As far as I know, there can't be much of a LMRDA body of caselaw in regards to cyberspace.

Conversely, the Brown Cafe is moderated and in addition, I think we do a fairly good job of policing each other, thus keeping things relatively civil. IMO, this is the better model to follow. It promotes healthier debates and eliminates the moronic drivel which is a complete waste of time to read and/or respond to. Its the moronic drivel that leads to the lawsuits.