Control pkg

DiadDude

UPS is introducing a new service that will require you to scan a "Controlled Package" at pickup and then turn that package in to a "Controlled Package Clerk" in the center. These packages will also go to the "Controlled Package Clerk" if they are non-delivered. This clerk may be a different person than the one who receives the standard "Clerk Packages", therefore it is a separate prompt on the manifest.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
UPS is introducing a new service that will require you to scan a "Controlled Package" at pickup and then turn that package in to a "Controlled Package Clerk" in the center. These packages will also go to the "Controlled Package Clerk" if they are non-delivered. This clerk may be a different person than the one who receives the standard "Clerk Packages", therefore it is a separate prompt on the manifest.
Glad some anonymous person on the internet can tell drivers the procedure for handling "controlled packages". I'm sure some training will come out in 6 weeks after this rolls out. Good thing I've lowered my expectations from management for proper training and communications, that way I never get disappointed when crap like this happens.

DiadDude

Glad some anonymous person on the internet can tell drivers the procedure for handling "controlled packages". I'm sure some training will come out in 6 weeks after this rolls out. Good thing I've lowered my expectations from management for proper training and communications, that way I never get disappointed when crap like this happens.
I'm not sure that the service has actually started yet, but the DIAD has to be ready before the service can start. That's not to say you'll actually get trained when the service does start, it just explains why you see it in the DIAD at this point.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm not sure that the service has actually started yet, but the DIAD has to be ready before the service can start. That's not to say you'll actually get trained when the service does start, it just explains why you see it in the DIAD at this point.

You guys still on DIAD 4?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily

It's 3 months later and I've still not heard a word about this via PCMs or any DIAD training. Why have the 'control pkgs' task listed on the DIAD and have no way to use it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's 3 months later and I've still not heard a word about this via PCMs or any DIAD training. Why have the 'control pkgs' task listed on the DIAD and have no way to use it?

I have had several of these. They are call tags valued at $1K or higher. You put the label on the package, initial and date the receipt, hand that to the customer and then turn in the other half to the PM clerk.

mdnj88

I have had several of these. They are call tags valued at $1K or higher. You put the label on the package, initial and date the receipt, hand that to the customer and then turn in the other half to the PM clerk.

Now that you say this, I had one a few weeks ago. It looked like a normal call tag but had another side to it with lines for signatures. No one told me what it was but I read the directions and figured it out. Put in info note pile in turn in room at night.

FilingBluesFL

Now that you say this, I had one a few weeks ago. It looked like a normal call tag but had another side to it with lines for signatures. No one told me what it was but I read the directions and figured it out. Put in info note pile in turn in room at night.

There's also some international call tags with an "invoice" that customers have to sign, also.