convicted felon

Batch

Will UPS hire a convicted felon to be a package delivery driver? clean record for 14 years, not sex crime related.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As far as I know, no. I disagree with that, btw, my personal belief is that once someone has done their time and paid their debt, they shouldn't continue to be punished.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I know that UPS has hired some Felons, Had a guy that put it on his application and was hired, probably a error by HR and the union fought his termination and won.

Thats why I said its possible.

I know several drivers that became felons while working for UPS, so why do they fight hiring felons?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I know someone who was hired P/T as a convicted felon but was denied a driving job when his turn in seniroity came up. The company made an excuse to avoid having to fill the job with the person other than the conviction.

JonFrum

As far as I know, no. I disagree with that, btw, my personal belief is that once someone has done their time and paid their debt, they shouldn't continue to be punished.
This comment isn't directed at the original Poster . . .

In the American Criminal Justice System it is almost unheard of for criminals to pay their debt in full to Society, to serve their full sentence (assuming they even got a full sentence), and to make all their victims whole.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Does it really matter?

Dave if a 17 year old does something stupid and gets charged as an adult and convited or plead guilty to a felony, do you think this person still thinks or acts the same at the age of 30?

I say this because I was not a good teenager, I made many bad choices. I easily could have been charged with a felony back then. Crap i did stupid stuff when I was working at UPS, staying out partying like a rock star and I went to work everyday. I dont know how many times I (when I was younger) drove home intoxicated.

Now that I am a father I like to think Im a little more responsible. But a lot of the mistakes I made make me who I am today. IMO

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good reason to teach the young ones that decisions you make today can affect the rest of your life. Harp on it and never let up !!

Shoot, even dumb old Walmart won't hire if you have a record.

I'm pretty sure that UPS does not bond drivers due to the cost, however they probably have some type of self bonding. A felony might interfere with that. I seem to recall my application for UPS included the question if I was bond-able.

The 17 year time span may be overlooked if the record is clean, even misdemeanors. Of course this is mostly guessing on my part.