Cool, got the Feeder call

Johney

As for having one week vacation saved so you get pay for the first week of Feeder training that's not true (at least for some areas unless it's changed recently). When my husband went to Feeder training he asked if he could use the pay for a weeks vacation to cover us for that week of unpaid training and upper management said it was not allowed. His direct supe tried to do it for him and UPS said he couldn't use vacation or option days for those days and had to go unpaid. Some areas may allow it and that's great, if they do I wish all areas would allow it.
I just burned an option day for my training week to cover my benefits. Not being able to take 1 week w/o pay is another issue all together.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So you're telling me a junior man qualified in feeders can bit the primo weeks in spring and summer in delivery "where he seldom works" and still have feeders honor that? Lol.

Not here. I wonder if I could get that ball rolling
Yes sir, if he subsequently bids a feeder job after picking vacations. Either way, whether he remains in packages or bids a feeder job, he already selected his vacation weeks and they cannot be taken away.

Nevermore1

I just burned an option day for my training week to cover my benefits. Not being able to take 1 week w/o pay is another issue all together.
Yeah, it killed us. We were very lucky that we have an understanding sitter for the kids. My husband wasn't told until about 2 weeks before the training that he wouldn't get paid for one of them.

Johney

Yes sir, if he subsequently bids a feeder job after picking vacations. Either way, whether he remains in packages or bids a feeder job, he already selected his vacation weeks and they cannot be taken away.
I think Super means after the year is gone from their package vacation selection. You then must pick from the feeder vacation. That's how it works here. Here what happens is you go from prime selection weeks to scraps.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think Super means after the year is gone from their package vacation selection. You then must pick from the feeder vacation. That's how it works here. Here what happens is you go from prime selection weeks to scraps.
Not here. UPS has to maintain 10% feeder qualified drivers in packages. So if there are 30 feeder jobs, UPS has to have at least 3 feeder qualified package drivers.

These feeder qualified package drivers don't have enough seniority to bid a feeder job, but are pretty close to the top in packages. They get their choice of vacation picks.

Each and every year when vacation picks are done, if these guys do not have a feeder bid, they pick vacations in packages. If during the year, a feeder bid comes open and they win it, they bring their vacations with them.

If you do not have a feeder bid at the time of vacation selections, you pick in packages. No matter how long you have been feeder qualified.

Johney

Not here. UPS has to maintain 10% feeder qualified drivers in packages. So if there are 30 feeder jobs, UPS has to have at least 3 feeder qualified package drivers.

These feeder qualified package drivers don't have enough seniority to bid a feeder job, but are pretty close to the top in packages. They get their choice of vacation picks.

Each and every year when vacation picks are done, if these guys do not have a feeder bid, they pick vacations in packages. If during the year, a feeder bid comes open and they win it, they bring their vacations with them.

If you do not have a feeder bid at the time of vacation selections, you pick in packages. No matter how long you have been feeder qualified.
I can tell you this......there are a few guys on the bottom of our feeder list who wish it was like that here. They are about to train a couple more guys who will not likely get feeder seniority for at least 5 years and will have basically whats left of the vacation schedule assigned to them. In other words both guys have 10 weeks between the two of them and when vacation picks get to them there will be only 10 weeks left to chose from.#19 gets to pick out of the 10 weeks and #20 gets the 5 that are left.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Initially, I thought the same thing. I had an area you could retire on. Matter of fact, I passed on feeders the first go around. It took several years for it to come around again. The company changed the allowances on my area. I went from running a half hour under to an hour over everyday. It was the best decision I ever made. It definitely extended my career. Think twice before you badmouth probably the best job this company has to offer.
2 yes left before the 2017 perks give me my push out, As far as easiest, I'd say the combo jobs win hands down