Cooling Vests?

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Has anybody had ANY experience with this type of clothing? I normally wear Under Armor, but wanted to see what else was out there!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Yeah..wanted info on prices too. I wonder if they are for public because the order form wants the Federal Agency you work for.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey, do you think if we get a doctors note that they are medically necessary the company will provide them like they do the wide brimmed hats?:surprised:

satellitedriver

The cost must be high.
I checked on two sites and you will not know the cost until after you give your credit card info.
I will stick with old school technology.
1. Sweat a lot
2. Drink as much water as you can stand.
3. Eat bananas
4. Wear a loose bandana around your neck
5. Carry a cooler with ice water and dunk a towel in it.Wipe your face , neck and arms with it.
6. If possible, get a job that lets you drive a vehicle that has A/C.

barnyard

KTM rider
I wear a neck cooler from a company called 661. It's available from most of the catalogs that sell to off road or dirtbike riders. It's called a 661 Core Cooler. I ordered a large, but it is too large. I ordered an adult small, but have not worn it yet.

You soak it in water for 1/2 hour or so and wear it. As it evaporates, it cools ya. When it get really hot, I found that by lunch time it was starting to get warm. The place where I eat lunch let me put it in their freezer while I was eating lunch and it really cooled me off well. I keep it in the fridge over night, so it is cold when I put it on in the morning.

I showed the Core Cooler to some guys that were roofing and the following week, they all had one.

I also carry a large igloo lunch cooler. During the summer, I carry 4 qt water bottles and on really hot days, I had a ziploc bag of ice and a towel. I use the ice towel to cool off.

If I go by a kid's swimming pool, even better. I dunk my whole head in, towel off the major drips and away I go. Adds about a 1/2 hour of comfort to the day.

TB

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I find that the hose at anyones house works well too. And most of the resi cust. I del to don't care if I borrow their hose to cool off. LOL

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I used to take my lunch at a State Park and would go swiming for a half hour. That was before shorts were allowed. It felt really great at the time but by 15:00 I wondered if it was a dream or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I buy a bottled water at my first stop (WalMart) and have customers who let me refill it as needed.

I'm not sure which I find more annoying:

Cold enough for ya?

or

Hot enough for ya?

I buy a bottled water at my first stop (WalMart) and have customers who let me refill it as needed.

I'm not sure which I find more annoying:

Cold enough for ya?

or

Hot enough for ya?
OH OH OH..that's an easy one for me. Cold enough for ya? is by far the most annoying, because if the temp is lower than 50 degrees it's dang sure cold enough.

barnyard

KTM rider
I wore one for a month last summer. It looks like you are wearing a black t-shirt. A few people noticed it and asked about it and when I explain it, they all want to touch it. A couple of other drivers in my center bought them after I started using it, they liked it too.

Like I said in a previous post, I showed it to some roofers and the next week, they all had one.

I wear mine at work when it is hot, but I bought it for off road racing. Works well for that too.

The large size is really big. I'm ordering another, but getting the smaller one.

TB

Last edited: