Corner the New Currency Market With Tide, The Laundry Detergent

wkmac

Over the past few months, the police force in Prince George’s County, Maryland has been dealing with a strange rash of robberies. Thieves have been going into grocery stores and drug stores, loading their carts up with stacks of money, and then rushing out the door where they have a get-away car waiting. A sane man may ask why CVS and Wal-Mart are stocking piles of cash where the peanuts and greeting cards should be. But these thieves are not taking U.S. legal tender—they’re stealing Tide laundry soap. It turns out that the detergent is not just good for making your clothes brighter than the imitation brand. It’s also street currency for buying pot and cocaine. Briefcases full of cash are being cast aside in favor of blaze-orange containers of laundry soap. Yes, there’s liquid gold in dem dar bottles.
There is some debate over whether this is a new trend, and perhaps our more nefarious readers might enlighten us to the commonality of this practice. But reports suggest the Tide thefts are a nationwide phenomenon. And a former FBI agent explained to ABC why it might make a good commodity for barter: "Tide is highly recognizable," said Brad Garrett. "It's very difficult to trace and it's easily resold."
Tide, as the money gods would have it, carries nearly all the characteristics of sound money.

Tidequistadors In Search of Sound Money

klein

Für Meno :)
Any Canadian can get free Purex, just by giving out their home shipping addy for free delivery :

Click here DS and other fellow Canadians :

Free Sample Purex

moreluck

golden ticket member
Any Canadian can get free Purex, just by giving out their home shipping addy for free delivery :

Click here DS and other fellow Canadians :

Free Sample Purex
Purex doesn't hold a candle to Tide, Gain, and several others. I don't even want it free.

klein

Für Meno :)
I have never tried the tabs for laundry before, so, I'll try those for free. Tabs are good in the dishwasher - love them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have never tried the tabs for laundry before, so, I'll try those for free. Tabs are good in the dishwasher - love them.

You pay out the nose for pods for any laundry or dishwasher. Compare a pack of Cascade pods to a regular box of Cascade. What a waste of money!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tide has been proven over and over again to be the only detergent that's different than the rest. Tide is #1 no
Doubt about I'd your not spending money on tide just buy the cheapest stuff it all works the same.

texan

Local paper here also reported thefts of Tide in our area?

I READ the post. I do not understand this recent stealing or what it means.

Call me dumb.

P

pickup

Nope - we hijacked (well, mostly me) wkmacs thread !
Atleast, for once he is getting some responses ! ;)

If you had, you would have noticed the last two paragraphs of the article linking this theft of Tide to the weakening of the American dollar. Then you could have ran with that all the way down the hill and to Sunday as you expounded upon that.

Oh well, maybe next time.