Corp Marketing Layoffs

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
It was from NDA and INT volume. Just as the 3rd quarter stated NDA and Int volume. Maybe the sales dept can give back so we get free health care.

uhmm no. it was mostly from strong international growth, i.e. growth in markets outside of the USA.

i pay for my own health care. my deductable for the family is 3k. after that, UPS pays 80%.

airbusfxr

How does inter growth get across the pond? You can continue to pay for health care if you like. Drivers and mechanics would rather for UPS to pay ours. Our deductable is 0. You must be an Indy Colts fan.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
[Q
and you don't think I am a good sales rep? good. I am a Senior Account Executive. you = driver.[/QUOTE]

sometimes politics plays a big role in promotions/ assignments! I just hope you are the exeption

bad company

semi-pro
it's called running a business, to make profit.

my job isnt to get sales leads, thanks though. that is your job. i really don't give two craps who it sits well with. the people that get pissed off are the exact people that should be making concessions.

and you don't think I am a good sales rep? good. I am a Senior Account Executive. you = driver.

I'm at UPS to make a living, it's called a job. The point of me being there is to make money for me and my family... just like UPS wants to make money for their shareholders. UPS is making plenty of money, and guess what? I'm making plenty of it too. Again, come back to me when UPS isn't making money...until then, go concede the fact that you're a prick. I have...

You can call yourself whatever you want to Mr. Senior Account Executive, I could care less. Being a Senior ******* executive such as yourself, one would think you would know that my official job title is "Service Provider". I'm in the transportation business, and my fellow service providers and I serve 6.1 daily customers. And guess what?... we visit all of them. Not only do I grow my account base, I also knock on doors too.

You do have me beat in one area though... you get those nifty business cards that you're not busy handing out since you're not knocking on doors like I am. Maybe I should be the one getting the pretty cards, and you can continue doing.... what is it that you do again?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
ok, if that is your position, i have never heard anyone love their airbus mechanic. i have a CYA file from customers 20 MB large that says I am a crucial part of their organization. i dont need an overpaid mechanic to tell me what I am worth.

and yes, I got promoted and my DOS hates me, so i guess that would have to say something about being promoted based on performance.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I'm at UPS to make a living, it's called a job. The point of me being there is to make money for me and my family... just like UPS wants to make money for their shareholders. UPS is making plenty of money, and guess what? I'm making plenty of it too. Again, come back to me when UPS isn't making money...until then, go concede the fact that you're a prick. I have...

You can call yourself whatever you want to Mr. Senior Account Executive, I could care less. Being a Senior ******* executive such as yourself, one would think you would know that my official job title is "Service Provider". I'm in the transportation business, and my fellow service providers and I serve 6.1 daily customers. And guess what?... we visit all of them. Not only do I grow my account base, I also knock on doors too.

You do have me beat in one area though... you get those nifty business cards that you're not busy handing out since you're not knocking on doors like I am. Maybe I should be the one getting the pretty cards, and you can continue doing.... what is it that you do again?

this is getting old. yes, you service the customers who I sell our transportation solutions. AGAIN it's not the delivery we make money, it's the pickup. if you can't make a delivery, it's a service refund. we all play our parts.

i took a concession last year and had my pay frozen. this year, I get a raise based on my sales performance last year during a fricken recession. that's fair.

airbusfxr

Ask a pilot flying from SDF to CGN if he loves his mechanic. Its a long way over there will a plane full of Int Volume that drivers will deliver to people that love them.

Last edited:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Ask a pilot flying from SDF to CGN if he loves his mechanic. Its a long way over there will a plane full of Int Volume that drivers will deliver to people that love them.

that's not the point, we were talking about customers. pay attention.

actually, I have more customers get pissed over "mechanical delays" than any other type of exception

upsgrunt

this is getting old. yes, you service the customers who I sell our transportation solutions. AGAIN it's not the delivery we make money, it's the pickup. if you can't make a delivery, it's a service refund. we all play our parts.

i took a concession last year and had my pay frozen. this year, I get paid based on my sales performance last year during a fricken recession. that's fair.

Of course we do, but you have to make the delivery to complete the contract- Mr. Executive.

Please post the file that says you are a crucial part of any customer's business.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Of course we do, but you have to make the delivery to complete the contract- Mr. Executive.

Please post the file that says you are a crucial part of any customer's business.

im not posting emails on here, grunt. sorry. you can go to bed knowing you won.

internally, I am a senior account MANAGER, meaning I am responsible for just about everything that goes into the account, account maintenance, operations fixes, etc. No, i do not handle the delivery.

upsgrunt

I don't want to "win". I just want you to see a different point of view. You called yourself a Senior Account Executive and all of a sudden it is a Manager. You claim that UPS only makes money on pickups, not deliveries. Duhh- maybe we should just do away with the delivery side and only make pickups.

We are not just dumb truck drivers like you think. We all have good ideas and intents to help UPS grow just as much as you. Some of us even have, gasp, college educations. Can you believe that?

While you can only think of drivers, or Senior Service Providers, as a liability or cost, we are more; way more than you will ever give us credit for.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
dude, i never didnt give you credit. drivers are the front line of this company, thus the reason we challenge them to get sales leads. i can't help that ups gives me two titles. outside at networking events, people want to talk to an account executive, when I am getting beat down for company leaving, they want to blame the account manager.

i also want you to see a different point of view. no one wins unless we all win, and I am tired of getting **** on by people who dont know what I do all day. I can do your job, probably not a well, but I have yet to find a driver who wants to walk in my shoes for a day. edit: or another manager who isnt in business development

upsgrunt

I'll be the first to admit that I don't want to, and couldn't do your job. That's why I do what I do and I let you do what you do, and ne'r the two shall meet.

bad company

semi-pro
dude, i never didnt give you credit. drivers are the front line of this company, thus the reason we challenge them to get sales leads. i can't help that ups gives me two titles. outside at networking events, people want to talk to an account executive, when I am getting beat down for company leaving, they want to blame the account manager.

i also want you to see a different point of view. no one wins unless we all win, and I am tired of getting **** on by people who don't know what I do all day. I can do your job, probably not a well, but I have yet to find a driver who wants to walk in my shoes for a day. edit: or another manager who isn't in business development

I appreciate the various different departments and support functions within UPS. We all have our respective roles and are vital to the success and failures at the company. I am sorry that your leadership has failed you. I sincerely feel bad for those of you at UPS who took a pay cut while your upper management got a pay raise. I find it despicable that your leadership will ask you to sacrifice your livelihood for the better of the company, while they hypocritically take more away from the company. I am sorry that your management team leads you to believe that we are struggling financially and as a result asks you and your co-workers to leave and find another career. Evidently leading by example is "old-school" and has gone out the door at UPS.

But please do not ask me to bear the same misfortunes as yourself because of a lack of leadership in your management team. When times were good and management personnel were getting amazing bonuses, high MIP factors, 401k matches, along with high stock prices, the hourly employees still got paid the same rate that was agreed to as apart of the contract. I, as a bargaining-unit employee, have a labor contract in place until 2013. Luckily, though not perfect, I am relatively protected from the misguidance and abuse of our so-called leaders. I refuse to concede to corporate greed just to make other people feel better about being slighted.

softshoe

when will the drivers make a concession?

Not going to happen.

UPS raked in $757 million in profits in the Fourth Quarter—nearly tripling its profits over the same period last year. Overall, Brown made $2.15 billion in profits in 2009. That’s after taxes.