Cost of Palin's look :

mthbstr8

Data source: Dallas Morning news October 23, 2008, staff and wire reports.

Remember the hassle we gave John Edwards for a $400 haircut back in his 2007 campaign?

Sarah Palin just spent 49 thousand dollars at Saks Fifth Avenue. That's on top of another 75 thousand at Neiman Marcus and 4 grand at Macys, last month! Ironically, senator McCain drafted a bill in 2002 preventing national funds from being used for clothing, but it was so poorly written that the saps who donated to the Republican:wink2: party can't do anything about it.

She's blown threw 4.4 million dollars so far, $150,000 on her appearance alone. For that much she'd better be a lot hotter!

diesel96

I heard one reporter today say, "for that kind of money, they could of bought "Joe the Plumber's" house and have $23,000 left over" :wink2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Remember the hassle we gave John Edwards for a $400 haircut back in his 2007 campaign?

Sarah Palin just spent 49 thousand dollars at Saks Fifth Avenue. That's on top of another 75 thousand at Neiman Marcus and 4 grand at Macys, last month! Ironically, senator McCain drafted a bill in 2002 preventing national funds from being used for clothing, but it was so poorly written that the saps who donated to the Republican:wink2: party can't do anything about it.

She's blown threw 4.4 million dollars so far, $150,000 on her appearance alone. For that much she'd better be a lot hotter!

And how much did Joey spend on plugs and botox?

Channahon

You have to admit she is stunning in her appearance. And her presentation skills are outstanding. She speaks from her heart, has confidence and is well versed on most subject.

She got my vote.

Channahon

Remember John Edwards cheating on his dying wife, and hiding the fact? That to me is more of an issue than a $400 haircut or Sarah Palin's spending. And if we knew how the taxpayers money is going down the toilet by the government , a mere $150,000 would be a drop in the bucket. JMO

av8torntn

That's not true. The RNC bought those clothes. She does not even get to keep them. She is the only one running that is not rich.

tieguy

Banned
Funny how we have a story on how much the RNC spend on Palins clothes but we have never seen any stories on how much the DNC spends on Obama or Biden. Imagine that.

Its amazing how fearful the democrats are of little ole moose hunting Palin.

Sammie

Funny how we have a story on how much the RNC spend on Palins clothes but we have never seen any stories on how much the DNC spends on Obama or Biden. Imagine that.

Hillary of the dreaded pant suits to hide those beanpole legs. Who earned 8 mill for her baloney bio. The Hill with the Bill (of The Great Clinton Gift Heist) who walked off with $400,000 of bling from the White House.

Pilosi and her wardrobe in a rainbow of colors. Condi dresses beautifully; even Madeline Albright can be a fashion statement on occasion. These women clothe themselves to the nines because they can politically afford to. And how many get their clothing free of charge from designers? Is that fair?

Compared to the millions spent on negative ads, $150,000 is chump change.

So because the Palin’s don’t come from the Land Of the Seven Houses,
Sarah should have hit the trail in business casual with dockers and a turtle neck. Or dug into her closet to see what she could see. After all, the Palin’s are rolling in it. They made less than $200,000 in 2007 while the above mentioned have more money than God.

You can’t tell me that Obama and family haven’t spent a nickel of their
donated funds on style conscious clothing. We still have no idea where Mr.
Community Organizer with no birth certificate got his money or his multi million dollar home from.

How ‘bout the personal 5 mil Hillary spent to campaign herself? Bama paid it back to get her out of his hair. Is that fair?

Palin has been wardrobed not with tax money, but with RNC money. And she will be donating the duds.

Why doesn’t anyone blink when Bama breaks a promise about public financing and lines his pockets with $300 mill raised from Large Donors?… How many fellow Africans will be helped with his left over zillions? Tell me more about that $800 K to Acorn, or the $200,000 a year raise Michelle got when hubby shoved a spending request thru the senate that just happened to favor her employer, a hospital.

P.S. – If Sarah didn’t dress well, she’d be ripped apart for being a slob. Janet Reno, anyone?

FUNNY what makes the headlines… :rofl:

newworker

That's not true. The RNC bought those clothes. She does not even get to keep them. She is the only one running that is not rich.

The RNC or nobody else can just be "loaning" politicians things. (Clothes, motor boats, new car's, etc.)

It's a gift, and she will be paying taxes on those gifts.

and she will save money on those taxes under Obama's tax plan.

diesel96

You have to admit she is stunning in her appearance. And her presentation skills are outstanding. She speaks from her heart, has confidence and is well versed on most subject.

She got my vote.

Here's a recent example of her and her speechwriters well verse-ness. Today she made her first policy speech pertaining to children's special needs and autism. At one point she made reference to un-neccessary earmark spending on fruit flies. Low and behold the scientific community had to point out that studying the genetics of fruit flies has been and continues to be beneficial to solving the cure of autism......

First off, Hair and make-up is spent by both parties....I'll give you that. But guess who makes the most coin in the month of Oct so far on Team McCain/Palin. Their chief foreign policy advisor? nope. Their chief economic advisor? Nope. Their hair and make-up tech? Yep....You see Tie...according to your colleague's, it's not how you kill a moose, (like hoovering in a helicpter 50 ft of the ground), it's how you look, killing it. :thumbsup:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
...it's not how you kill a moose, (like hoovering in a helicpter 50 ft of the ground), it's how you look, killing it.
Good deal, your catching on...you're half-way there...
taking that first step - skepticism...then comes cynicism.
you're half-way there
'Cause if my mind's tore up,
Then your body don't care
. . . it's real angora

av8torntn

The RNC or nobody else can just be "loaning" politicians things. (Clothes, motor boats, new car's, etc.)

It's a gift, and she will be paying taxes on those gifts.

and she will save money on those taxes under Obama's tax plan.

If that were true how come I do not have to pay taxes on a car that I borrow. I use my friends summer home often but I do not have to pay income taxes on that either. If I use someones boat I do not pay income taxes on that. Now if someone gave me a car, boat, or home then I would pay taxes on it.

tieguy

Banned
First off, Hair and make-up is spent by both parties....I'll give you that. But guess who makes the most coin in the month of Oct so far on Team McCain/Palin. Their chief foreign policy advisor? nope. Their chief economic advisor? Nope. Their hair and make-up tech? Yep....You see Tie...according to your colleague's, it's not how you kill a moose, (like hoovering in a helicpter 50 ft of the ground), it's how you look, killing it. :thumbsup:

Sorry Diesel we only have 25 percent of the story. lets see what everyones party is spending on clothes for their candidates and then make that decision.

tieguy

Banned
If that were true how come I do not have to pay taxes on a car that I borrow. I use my friends summer home often but I do not have to pay income taxes on that either. If I use someones boat I do not pay income taxes on that. Now if someone gave me a car, boat, or home then I would pay taxes on it.

I think it may qualify as uniform expenses for Sarah . After all everyone knows she normally runs around in buckskin hunting animals on the ole alaskan tundra.

again I love these half cocked attempts to snipe at Sarah since it shows the dems are scared crapless of little old Sarah.