Couldn't Get to Work this Morning (TEXAS...)

Got up and was out the door ready to go to work this morning for the preload shift that started at 5am. But low and behold it was a winter wonderland when I opened the door. I live in East Texas and we haven't had snow like this in the 22 years I've been here. I heard Dallas had it pretty bad with power outages and what not. I was able to make snowballs, a snow man, and a snow angel during the time I usually spend tossing packages on a car.

The people at work that did have trucks made it to the preload shift (half the people of the entire shift) only to work until the power went out for an hour an a half my friend told me.

Granted the snow turned to slush by about 3 o clock this afternoon, but still a fun snow day for Texas, hopefully another before Feb. is over!

Now I have a little taste of what Northerners feel like everyday in the winter months lol!
I heard Texas wants to jump to the Big Ten I hope they like that taste of a northern a*s whipping. O H

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well at least I didn't say there is snow in 57 states
Correct, only in 56 of them, and the mountain top of the other!:wink2:
Having equipment for these types of storms makes the difference. And the experience. In the snow belts, I have noticed 2 ft be a walk in the park. While just south of the belt, 2 inches makes areas impassable with winding roads, and hills. And no salt, sand, cinders or plow yet gone through. I dont know how they do it in the mountains or the Northwest. I just looked at the 10 day forecast on TWC and it is snow every day, makes me kinda sad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

wrong-- The volcano on Maui gets snow. When I was there a couple of years ago in Febuary it was damn cold up there

Unabletomoveon, there is no snow in Hawaii as of this morning, which is why they said only 49 out of 50 states have snow on the ground as of this morning.

BROWN430

Well I sure hope we can get another national champ. Jimmy Cordle parents live on my route. I have seen him there once and boy, is he a monster. Big dude. I hope he fares well in the NFL

satellitedriver

These are the views from my porches at 6:30am Friday.
sideyardr.jpgbackyard.jpgsideyardl.jpgfrontyard.jpg
sideyardr.jpg
backyard.jpg
sideyardl.jpg
frontyard.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
[video=youtube;vkJV7TVg9LI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJV7TVg9LI[/video]

Specially requested by you know who