Countdown to hottest day in 5 years in Georgia

Buck Fifty

All employee's are expected to report every day. If 5-7 people go home a day that means every route is covered and we can let people go home. If you do not report that is when the discipline starts...

Is it natural to have a puke taste after reading your post ?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Same here, maybe it will light a fire under people to file 9.5s

I hope so too. What kills me is all the guys griping about excessive overtime, but most of them won't get on the list and file. We had about 45 out of 60 drivers sign the list when it first went up, but now we only have about seven on it. They know I will file, so they will usually load me up heavy two days and try to lighten me up a little or offer a Friday off according to dispatch. I think everybody should get on the list and file every time. And it should be a permanent list too instead of the every five month garbage.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I hope so too. What kills me is all the guys griping about excessive overtime, but most of them won't get on the list and file. We had about 45 out of 60 drivers sign the list when it first went up, but now we only have about seven on it. They know I will file, so they will usually load me up heavy two days and try to lighten me up a little or offer a Friday off according to dispatch. I think everybody should get on the list and file every time. And it should be a permanent list too instead of the every five month garbage.

If you're on the list it should be every day. You don't want the hours period. This burying you 2 days a week is BS.

DS

Fenderbender
We don't have a 9.5 list in Canada.They just want us under that every day.
They do a 3 day ride to establish your stop count.
If you are going to go over you HAVE to call,or you will be disciplined.
example: Hi Tom,I am going to go over 9.5 today.Tom how many stops do you have?
Me...that is irrelevant,I had too many bulk stops and I am running late.
Tom,well since you are going over anyway I may get you to help a few other drivers to stay under.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
He never actually does...well once,but it was a new guy and I didn't really mind.
I love my job .:(
back on topic...
It got really hot here in Toronto last week...
37 celcius...about 98 friend
but really humid
I feel for you guys...107 is obscene with bulk stops
Work slow drink lots.

Buck Fifty

If you're on the list it should be every day. You don't want the hours period. This burying you 2 days a week is BS.

What really is lame is the Mitigation Schedule. Gotta love this. They dont want to honor your seniority on the first dispatch or the one at 6:00. And they have no clue why their over allowed is sky high . My week consist of 2 days over and the other 3 right on 9.5 . Love it though, my job has never been easier.

BCFan

Management has told other drivers I am intercourseing them but they are powerless to stop it. I don't take the threats nor harassment. Is that because maybe I have a pair? File the 9.5s and let the pencil neck geeks figure it out....BC

UnconTROLLed

perfection
New 0z D10 ECMWF does not look like much of a break. Another huge heat ridge, this time more across the central states- inferno for IA/ IL/MN/WI. July 1995 -like.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Historically speaking, the 4 hottest weeks of the year on average (in my area at least) are the last 2 weeks of July and the first 2 weeks of August. Which, by some strange coincidence, also happen to be the same 4 weeks that I will be on vacation this year. Hehehehehehehe!!!

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Here in Mesquite today. 5 drivers fell out 2 had to go to hospital. 1 passed out in customers yard the other passed out at the air dock while unloading air. It was 104 today.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
DAYUM it was HOT today! It broke records,and that sun was BEATING down! I went thru 2 1/2 gallons of Gatordade,but made it just fine thru a 9.4 day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Saturday will not be much better ... maybe even higher.

My team captain asked me if I could play tennis on Saturday and I said, "Nope. I don't play tennis when it is over 85".

I'm doing a photo shoot of a wheelchair racer for his sponsor Saturday morning and I'll be processing them on my PC in the heat of the day.

Predicted to be 106 degrees.

Wheel chair racer said too hot -yippee!

Soccer teams want me to take pictures at a Latin BRG tournament - Damn, I've got to learn to say No.
I did tell them 2 hours only 9-11.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Here in Mesquite today. 5 drivers fell out 2 had to go to hospital. 1 passed out in customers yard the other passed out at the air dock while unloading air. It was 104 today.
It's been wicked here as well. As far as I know, we haven't had any heat exhaustions yet (I clocked out before everyone was done). I hope your drivers are ok.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No kidding, it was 103 on my area today. I went through two gallons of ice water and Gatorade myself, clocked out at 9.5 on the dot. I made good use of every bit of tree shade I could. No restaurants with A/C on my area, my poor little DIAD had to suffer along with me.