Counting votes tomorrow, October 9th

RealPerson

Good luck either way but I hope it passes. What do you predict?? I think it will pass this time.

I predict pass. I believe several Full time people who didn't vote before will vote now, with the improved health benefits from the first vote No.

Then again, I am basing it off my small local......

I am also thinking many PT people who are eligible to vote, will vote in the the yes this time to get that quick little cash.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I don't really see how the rest of the nation who's supplements have passed. Going out on strike for a supplement? I am in total agreement if it were the national. Which I still believe is a crap deal. Pushed thru by Hoffa /Hall. Which passed on a wing and a prayer. But,for a supplement ..? Wow! I'm feeling like Allen Alverson.

Like local 89. Just them holding their own strike. For their own supplement. Would put a big hurt on sorts for the rest of the nation.

Like I said back when Pope and Hoffa were running for teamster pres. If Pope wins the nation would go out on strike. Hoffa wins we get a crap contract shoved down our throats. Which has happened. Such junk the supplements are even worse. I just see a 5 yr stalemate. Hoffa /Hall will not allow a nation wide strike. In bed for too long. Can the nation have a vote of confidence? Wonder how Hoffa would do now?

InsideUPS

Central will be voted down by a larger percentage this time.

A Looming Crisis Emerges for UPS Pre-2013 Holiday Season - YouTube

Thank you derf3733 for posting this Fool.com video. Interesting to see this reporter in support of a better contract for UPS Teamsters.

The video becomes interesting at the 1:30 mark ending in the summary of the poor "management/employee relations" due to an "aggressive management style" at the 2:30 mark. While the IBT believes that the healthcare issue was the main reason for the first rejection of our Central Region supplement and Ohio Rider; I believe from talking with our drivers that it is the absolute dislike for the "aggressive management style" and long hours that is influencing their votes. You can only push people so far before they will retaliate in one way or another. There are many viewpoints to these contract issues. All sides have valid points. In the end, I believe it will be in all of our best interest to put aside differences and support the majority decision whether we personally agree with it or not. Enforcing the existing contract language is challenging enough at times.

stink219

I think it will pass. Still will be close. But I think complacency took the supplements down. Must people don't vote because they think it's already a lock.