Couple questions about hourly pay

Ok , so first off I was hired June 10 , 2013. I started at $8.50 and after 3 months got a $1 raise to $9.50. I worked at $9.50 until the contract retro pay kicked in and was bumped up to $10. My first question is with the Aug. 1st contract in 2013 making everyone start at $10, what happened to my $1 raise. I just got a 50 cent raise at my year, and am getting paid 10.50 right now . My Union Steward has been on vacation and my center manager doesn't have a clue , so naturally I figured ask you fine folks.

Well in my situation with being overpaid , the reason I was overpaid was because they paid my retro check like i was working at 8.50 so i got 600-700 hours with a 1.50 rate.... but if the dollar raise never happened, i shouldn't owe them jack . It's a confusing situation , but something doesn't seem right either way .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ok , so first off I was hired June 10 , 2013. I started at $8.50 and after 3 months got a $1 raise to $9.50. I worked at $9.50 until the contract retro pay kicked in and was bumped up to $10. My first question is with the Aug. 1st contract in 2013 making everyone start at $10, what happened to my $1 raise. I just got a 50 cent raise at my year, and am getting paid 10.50 right now . My Union Steward has been on vacation and my center manager doesn't have a clue , so naturally I figured ask you fine folks.
$10.50 ($11.50 skilled/preload) is the correct pay for a 1 year employee. There was no catch up raise for current employees even though they raised the starting pay.

The good news is you'll get a 70 cent raise on August 1st. $8.50 to $11.20 in 14 months ain't too bad.

Thanks for the clarification , and ya being at $11.20 from $8.50 barely over a year is very nice. So I get a 70 cent raise because I made seniority before the Aug. 1 contract ? Do the new hires get a raise after 3 months anymore , or just a year ?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
BroncoBilly.jpg

CITY OF CLOVIS, CALIFORNIA
invites applications for the position of:
Community Service Work Program Supervisor Part-Time

An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY:$11.50 - $13.99 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 06/06/14
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
DESCRIPTION:

DEFINITION
Under supervision, monitors juveniles who have committed misdemeanor criminal offenses while they perform clean-up details throughout the City. Stand on side of st and watch teens pick up trash and make twice as much!!!!

PT Car Washer

Thanks for the clarification , and ya being at $11.20 from $8.50 barely over a year is very nice. So I get a 70 cent raise because I made seniority before the Aug. 1 contract ? Do the new hires get a raise after 3 months anymore , or just a year ?
You do not receive the $.70 contract raise until you complete progression. No more 90 day $1.00 raise. That $1.50 increase in starting pay is really only worth $.50.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
BroncoBilly.jpg

CITY OF CLOVIS, CALIFORNIA
invites applications for the position of:

Community Service Work Program Supervisor Part-Time

An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY:$11.50 - $13.99 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 06/06/14
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
DESCRIPTION:

DEFINITION
Under supervision, monitors juveniles who have committed misdemeanor criminal offenses while they perform clean-up details throughout the City. Stand on side of st and watch teens pick up trash and make twice as much!!!!
Not bad money,but the commute would kill me