Couple questions about hourly pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TheTruthOfBrown, Jun 26, 2014.

1. TheTruthOfBrown

TheTruthOfBrown New Member

Ok , so first off I was hired June 10 , 2013. I started at $8.50 and after 3 months got a $1 raise to $9.50. I worked at $9.50 until the contract retro pay kicked in and was bumped up to $10. My first question is with the Aug. 1st contract in 2013 making everyone start at $10, what happened to my $1 raise. I just got a 50 cent raise at my year, and am getting paid 10.50 right now . My Union Steward has been on vacation and my center manager doesn't have a clue , so naturally I figured ask you fine folks.

2. Welcome to the UPS confusion! Also welcome th the brown Cafe.
    I'm sure,somebody will have your answer

3. TheTruthOfBrown

They also overpaid me on my retro check by 530 apparently haha, and basically want my next 4 checks... Cool UPS Cool

4. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

I started almost a month before you. I'm at $10.50 an hour too. I guess it's because we were in progression before the new contract went into effect.

5. TheTruthOfBrown

Well in my situation with being overpaid , the reason I was overpaid was because they paid my retro check like i was working at 8.50 so i got 600-700 hours with a 1.50 rate.... but if the dollar raise never happened, i shouldn't owe them jack . It's a confusing situation , but something doesn't seem right either way .

6. boyo1991

boyo1991 New Member

Wow. I just started. Literally, getting 11 an hr. :/

Sent using BrownCafe App

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

$10.00/hr starting pay and another $1.00/hr either working preload or you are in a sorting position. Yeah that does happen.

8. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

$10.50 ($11.50 skilled/preload) is the correct pay for a 1 year employee. There was no catch up raise for current employees even though they raised the starting pay.

The good news is you'll get a 70 cent raise on August 1st. $8.50 to $11.20 in 14 months ain't too bad.

9. TheTruthOfBrown

Thanks for the clarification , and ya being at $11.20 from $8.50 barely over a year is very nice. So I get a 70 cent raise because I made seniority before the Aug. 1 contract ? Do the new hires get a raise after 3 months anymore , or just a year ?

10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

No more dollar raise after 90 days.

11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

We all clear now?

12. Do I get a raise?

13. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Where's my retro check?

14. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Clear as mud.

15. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

[​IMG]
    CITY OF CLOVIS, CALIFORNIA
    invites applications for the position of:
    Community Service Work Program Supervisor Part-Time

An Equal Opportunity Employer
    SALARY:$11.50 - $13.99 Hourly
    OPENING DATE: 06/06/14
    CLOSING DATE: Continuous
    DESCRIPTION:

DEFINITION
    Under supervision, monitors juveniles who have committed misdemeanor criminal offenses while they perform clean-up details throughout the City. Stand on side of st and watch teens pick up trash and make twice as much!!!!

16. brownman.canada

brownman.canada New Member

What the....:eek:

17. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You do not receive the $.70 contract raise until you complete progression. No more 90 day $1.00 raise. That $1.50 increase in starting pay is really only worth $.50.

18. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Not bad money,but the commute would kill me