Courier Class

DontThrowPackages

RUNNNNNNN as fast as you can away from this company.

I started with express in 2003, I was in college, needed extra money and was hired as a casual off loader w/ 8-10 hrs a week no bennies. From off-loader to working the ramp, then to part time courier, to full time swing. 2010 I got into Aspire management program. If you have the opportunity to get into the program, DON'T. I could not believe the crap this company wanted me to believe. I didn't want to drink the kool-aid nor pass the pitcher around. I was now the guy asking questions in the meetings that never got answered, I stuck up for a lot of people I worked with. I have no kids, no wife, no house payment, just a small apt I share with my girlfriend, typical bills and a car payment. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I was doing fine. I know a lot of other co-workers weren't, and I wasn't afraid to speak my mind in their favor. I was liked and respected by my fellow drivers, management hated me. Ended up with 3 letters in a short time. I moved up fast, but when I started to ask question fedex didnt like then the hammer fell. Took then 6 months. 3 letters in 6 months, I
had 7 lates one summer day after breaking down = warning letter, GFT denied, missed 11 pod scans, after the cons tag wasn't done right, had to van and then pod but no lates missed 11pod scans but did get the other 1109, warning letter gft = denied the last I went to a stop, he needed more time got a walked up went on break only to find out he lied to dispatch saying I was rude and refused to wait so I got fired. Now the *******s are contesting my unemployment. Thankfully, and this is the WOW factor, a former customer I picked up at when I was part time is a
unemployment compensation lawyer, I called, he remember me and told him what happened and he is gonna help. So, after 11 yrs Im gone. I will say, I have never be happier.

What a perfect example. So true. If you dare to question, even after they BEG for your thoughts, you will be looked at as a problem. Things that other employees have done in the past, which only received a "Hey what happen yesterday", suddenly turn into warning letters for a "marked" person. Ever wonder why they're so quite when they fire someone. Its not for their privacy. It's because some courier in the past did the same thing the fired courier did but didn't even get so much as a talk listen to. I've seen very dirty things. Treat them like they flush Tiffany cufflinks or go golfing with them and you can get away with totaling a truck. But question them and you could be gone for a scratch on the side panel.

whenIgetthere

If something comes down to a, "Courier says, Customer says", the customer is ALWAYS believed and the Courier is always assumed to be at fault (the Courier didn't assimilate to Express culture fully..., thus the customer complaint). I even had a senior manager ADMIT that I was wrongly accused after an event, but since the customer complained, someone within Express had to have the blame placed on them for the customer's not getting the 'purple promise'. Since the 'system' can NEVER be held to blame (the system is perfect after all, designed to PREVENT package monkeys from getting customers angry), it is the Courier who is to blame for a customer's bad experience.
\

Would agree most of the time. Many years ago, a customer called to complain I had been rude, manager tried to give me a letter citing the customer had a video to prove I was rude. I knew the customer was lying thru her teeth, refused to sign the letter unless my manager went and watched the video first. He caved, went and watched and it proved the customer had in fact lied. No letter. But 99% of the time, I would agree.

overflowed

Hey OP everyone here is just trying to help. Yes, it's that bad. If you have half a brain you will notice within a few weeks that ****ee" ain't right for a "fortune 500 company." More like a company operating in a third world country. Hump boxes at UPS for a few years and become a driver if that's what you want. Take the advice of those giving, you'll be happy you did. Best of luck.

hypo hanna

Would agree most of the time. Many years ago, a customer called to complain I had been rude, manager tried to give me a letter citing the customer had a video to prove I was rude. I knew the customer was lying thru her teeth, refused to sign the letter unless my manager went and watched the video first. He caved, went and watched and it proved the customer had in fact lied. No letter. But 99% of the time, I would agree.

A good example of why you should fight every letter and every OLCC.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey OP everyone here is just trying to help. Yes, it's that bad. If you have half a brain you will notice within a few weeks that ****ee" ain't right for a "fortune 500 company." More like a company operating in a third world country. Hump boxes at UPS for a few years and become a driver if that's what you want. Take the advice of those giving, you'll be happy you did. Best of luck.

So true. If the OP wants to stay in this industry, paying your dues throwing boxes at UPS is the way to go. The extra money you're making now (over a UPS loader) will be rapidly made-up when you move to package car. Long-term, think of retirement, the ability to build a 401k, and actually make a middle-class income. You won't regret it.

McGee

There really isn't any future here for hourly employees. If you are young and smart you will put your time in with a company that will honor its commitments to you and its customers not just the investors. We had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Have a relative that works there and that is DEFINETELY his sentiment, he's just trying to hang on but its really getting him ill...