Courier school

Lucho Kaiser

Mine was in 2006, been with fedex since 1998 but didnt switch from agfs to dgo until then. Full time ramp agent job were ultra rare and I waited 5 years, so I gave up my part time agent job finally and went full time courier. Pay cut about $1.75 hrly but gained 20-30 hours depending on time of year so it basically is more money but being a ramp agent was so much more enjoyable.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I have days where I miss being around the aircraft too...then it's 110 at night, or iced over and wind chill is -10, then I don't miss it so much..lol

But wait....now I deal with the same weather, just during the daylight hours....hhhmmm.

HomeDelivery

this is with "pseudo-Fedex" but i'll add my 2 cents since this section of FedEx doesn't have a separate forum

in 2006, I was trained for 1 week with a shortened-version of the Smith System (copy rights). http://www.smith-system.com/

got paid minimum wage for 40 hours while doing the classroom and practice course in the parking lot of the terminal.

final day was test day. Don't hit a cone during the road course & you'll pass into Stage 2. One day with a manager on the road & he said I was set to drive a route on-my-own.

With Home Delivery, I can be sent "blind" to any route and I'll find my way around with the printed map system they have...along with my 2 portable GPS units, it's much easier than Ground or Express...

After about 2 or 3 years, the company adopted "S.A.friend.E." to avoid having to pay Mr. Harold Smith of his copyrighted methods.

So when a new temp driver comes along, i'll say "All Good Kids Love Milk" they'll look at me like i'm crazy; I have to say "stay S.A.friend.E." to them instead. The only guys that get that ACRONYM from the Smith System are the older RPS couriers that turned into contractors.

I have no idea if the newer temps they're hiring off the street are taking this SAFE course or not; i'll have to ask 'em...

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

this is with "pseudo-Fedex" but i'll add my 2 cents since this section of FedEx doesn't have a separate forum

in 2006, I was trained for 1 week with a shortened-version of the Smith System (copy rights). http://www.smith-system.com/

got paid minimum wage for 40 hours while doing the classroom and practice course in the parking lot of the terminal.

final day was test day. Don't hit a cone during the road course & you'll pass into Stage 2. One day with a manager on the road & he said I was set to drive a route on-my-own.

With Home Delivery, I can be sent "blind" to any route and I'll find my way around with the printed map system they have...along with my 2 portable GPS units, it's much easier than Ground or Express...

After about 2 or 3 years, the company adopted "S.A.friend.E." to avoid having to pay Mr. Harold Smith of his copyrighted methods.

So when a new temp driver comes along, i'll say "All Good Kids Love Milk" they'll look at me like i'm crazy; I have to say "stay S.A.friend.E." to them instead. The only guys that get that ACRONYM from the Smith System are the older RPS couriers that turned into contractors.

I have no idea if the newer temps they're hiring off the street are taking this SAFE course or not; i'll have to ask 'em...

I remember the All Good Kids Love Milk, can't remember what it stood for though...lol

The Smith System was filmed in Arlington, Texas, I kept thinking when I saw it all those years ago that the places looked awful familiar, I only lived a few miles from there..lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The 5 "keys" to good driving...now who knows the "T's" for t-stacking???

Sure, I do.

Throw the package as far as you can

Toss it into the container any old way.

Tear it open if it looks valuable.

Thrash the package by putting the heaviest crate possible on top of it.

Throw-up, because the inside of the container smells like dead fish, and looks like The Three Stooges stacked it.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Sure, I do.

Throw the package as far as you can

Toss it into the container any old way.

Tear it open if it looks valuable.

Thrash the package by putting the heaviest crate possible on top of it.

Throw-up, because the inside of the container smells like dead fish, and looks like The Three Stooges stacked it.

Now, this isn't the "official" version, but it seems to be the one that everyone knows

HomeDelivery

ok, UPS plagarized the "smith system" on that following link... did the company paid them off to not mentioned them for these 5 keys of safe driving?

PS: the Fedex safe driving acronym is

Survey

Adjust

friendorecast

Execute

franknitty

Do you know what the acronym TAG means if it comes across your powerpad from the dispatcher ? It literally means THROW the customers packages in the truck AND GO get your ass back to the station AS FAST AS YOU CAN, or you'll be held responsible for the CTV trucks not leaving the building on-time ! You know what happens after that, don't you ?

Manager: I just need you to sign off on this OLCC for returning to the building late.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Do you know what the acronym TAG means if it comes across your powerpad from the dispatcher ? It literally means THROW the customers packages in the truck AND GO get your ass back to the station AS FAST AS YOU CAN, or you'll be held responsible for the CTV trucks not leaving the building on-time ! You know what happens after that, don't you ?

Manager: I just need you to sign off on this OLCC for returning to the building late.

was not aware of that...yet another reason I am glad I am not a pickup driver

Lucho Kaiser

Ive seen them convince people to ride together, but Only if the manager presses for it. Use the excuse your stopping to see relatives or something on the drive there. Ive never heard of them making people share a room, I would flat out refuse if they did. Granted I had good people in courier school, but at the end of the day your privacy of your hotel room is all you got.

franknitty

At my station management sends a message over the powerpad, then ends the msg by saying "This Is New Policy Starting Today" ! So what i'm saying is management makes up new rules whenever they feel like it ! But this is old news to you guys, I'm sure.