Couriers turning on each other

Bankrupt

We will never unite at our location, the backstabbing, refusing to help one another is full blown here way to go Fred u suck ass

DRAisawesome

The worst part is I like the ground guy on my route but will go to no lengths of helping him. I simply say call the 800 number and talk to someone. Its sad what this company is slowly turning into. Fedex "brand" is no longer hidden to my customers. I put it simply to them. You have a choice who you ship with but if you ship with fedex you are supporting this....then I go into how we are paid, benefits, and so on. their mouths about hit the floor. i just hope others are out there talking about the lack there of of "brand"

STFXG

Their mouths about hit the floor because they can't believe the random FedEx guy is throwing a tantrum in front of them...

hypo hanna

I'm not going to help out the new driver because FedEx was too cheap to see that he was properly trained.

Im not going to help the established driver who was sent out way over on stops because FedEx wants to squeeze a little more blood from the turnip.

Im not going to help the kool aid drinker make service so he can brown nose and talk down everyone else behind their backs.

Im not going to help out the slacker because I don't help slackers out of principal.

Mostly I don't help out because doing so would enrich executive management while putting me into poverty.

vantexan

I'm not going to help out the new driver because FedEx was too cheap to see that he was properly trained.

Im not going to help the established driver who was sent out way over on stops because FedEx wants to squeeze a little more blood from the turnip.

Im not going to help out the kool aid drinker make service so he can brown nose and talk down everyone else behind their backs.

Im not going to help out the slacker because I don't help slackers out of principal.

Mostly I don't help out because doing so would enrich executive management while putting me into poverty.

​Should be on a poster! Or a T-shirt!

hypo hanna

Their mouths about hit the floor because they can't believe the random FedEx guy is throwing a tantrum in front of them...

Yea, not a smart idea.

when customers ask me what's wrong with FedEx? I tell them I'm not at liberty to say but I'm sure they could figure it out with a little research. If they ask where, I direct them here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Im not going to help the kool aid drinker make service so he can brown nose and talk down everyone else behind their backs.

Wise words. Actually, don't help anyone for any reason. Doing so on deliveries actually hurts your numbers, and helping on pickups means you aren't "busy enough" on your own route. WAD. If you're done early on deliveries, just sit there and wait until 1030. On pickups, head for 7-11 and have a Slurpee instead. If you have a light day, dog it so you don't finish early. FU FedEx!!

!Retired!

then I go into how we are paid, benefits, and so on. their mouths about hit the floor. i just hope others are out there talking about the lack there of of "brand"
I'd be careful what you say and to who. You never know who overhears and who is friends with who. I went to a REG PUP once and there was a guy I didn't recognize there. I just did my business, joked with the customer, etc. As I'm going out the door, the guy says 'You do a good job'. I say, (kind of blowing it off) 'Thanks...I do my best'. He hands me a card....he worked for FedEx sales.
Agreed...whether it's true or not, it just sounds like whining.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The worst part is I like the ground guy on my route but will go to no lengths of helping him. I simply say call the 800 number and talk to someone. Its sad what this company is slowly turning into. Fedex "brand" is no longer hidden to my customers. I put it simply to them. You have a choice who you ship with but if you ship with fedex you are supporting this....then I go into how we are paid, benefits, and so on. their mouths about hit the floor. i just hope others are out there talking about the lack there of of "brand"

The worst part was you rambling on about things which the customer does not need or want to hear about. Do your job and keep your mouth shut.

thedownhillEXPRESS

use the bickering to unite everyone

Call the teamsters.
You are a couple years late to this game.
Obviously you have no idea about how to go about this, so once you figure it out get back to us.
Yes Express is purposely being dismantled, most of us on this forum have been yelling this for years, however we have been trying to get cards signed, so like I said, call the teamsters and get started educating yourself.

ManInBrown

We will never unite at our location, the backstabbing, refusing to help one another is full blown here way to go Fred u suck ass

That is their goal. Always has been. Always will be. They don't want top pay employees and mid range employees getting along. They want to keep it as if mid range employees are second class citizens. Better chance of uniting and coming together for change if everyone gets along.

vantexan

What ever happened to simply making a delivery without all of the rhetoric?

Are you saying that if a customer makes an uninformed statement we have no right to throw back a friendly quip? What kind of robotic, automaton world do you live in? Frankly anyone who has enjoyed great pay and benefits for decades has no right to tell the screwed over how we should feel or act.

Epoisode7

The worst part was you rambling on about things which the customer does not need or want to hear about. Do your job and keep your mouth shut.
On the contrary. If I was a business owner, and I assumed all delivery companies were on a level playing field, and they aren't, I would want to know. Statistically, a package I picked up has a higher chance of getting delayed or damage than is UPS or Express picked it up. I dealt with constant vehicle failures, coworkers who throw packages, and any number of chaotic things on a daily basis. I told customers to ship UPS every chance I got, and I will continue to do so. UPS is a superior service. Not because the people are any better than me, but because they are paid better, equipped better, and trained better. More $ = better service. It's not rocket science. Keep telling the customers how crappy FedEx is. It gives UPS business, and it's less likely to damage or delay product if not shipped FDX Ground.