Court dismissed charges that ups used on my dis-charge ltr !!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ray haynes, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

Okay, So I went to court to fight charges of harassment & Stalking of a co-worker in her neighborhood while I was delivering. I've been a ups driver 22 years and so i don't start a novel, The summary is this : ups fired me on accusations of harassment & Stalking the prosecution did not even bring those charges to the table. I was cited for trespassing because the area i was in is private and not open to the public. I paid a $97.00 fine and was sent on my way. My question is this: On my termination form from ups i was fired for Hrsmt./Stalking ups DID NOT use trespassing as a reason for being fired. Remember every day your searching for an address or running up a driveway just to learn your at the wrong house your trespassing & if a citizen complained for that at worst your punishment would be a warning letter. I don't need to fill in all the blanks because it's irrelevant and doesn't matter. The point is, i was fired for accusations that were dismissed by a court of law. Prior to my court date i did accept a deal at my "center level review" in May to be reinstated at another ups center 135 miles away, Only because my court date was in Oct. and I could not afford to go 6 months without pay. What would you do ? Be as methodical or honestly brutal as u want.

2. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

are you working currently?

3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

As usual many details are missing. You were stalking her but got off in court?

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I would have never taken the "deal". I remember your story and if what your telling is true its insane that there was even a deal to be made. I would of thought the absolute worst case scenario would of been u split shift for your hours at your original center until everything was settled.

5. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

yes, lost 22 years seniority. So. theoretically until I'm laid-off

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Oh I would also sue this co worker in civil court for time gas money and stress of u getting moved to a center 135 miles away.

7. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

What kind of screwed up history is there between you and this pt sup that you can't even drive down her street?

8. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

i plan on it, currently lawyer shopping.

9. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

i thinks it's spitefulness or a disappointed case of wishful thinking.

10. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

yeah i'm gonna ask for a lot in damages just because they were so quick to rush to judgement.

11. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

ups could not split shift because this p/t sup used a restraining order to get me kicked-off the property.

12. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

well, trying to. I'm in a map most of the day & no where near as efficient as i used to be.

13. ray haynes

ray haynes New Member

u need to evolve, neanderthal.