Cover Driver doing Sat Airs

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I think I know what you may have done because you were in a hurry.

• scan the pkg
  • address shows up
  • I think you went directly to sig. mode here w/o showing the pkg. detail screen
  • when you tried to stop complete, I'm betting you got a message that said "No pkg. recorded? or perhaps no pkg. scanned?"
  • you hit BAD to check for yourself and watch in dismay as that pkg. ID # appears for the first time on the pkg. detail screen
  • now it's late

Cementups

Box Monkey
Your story is not adding up, once you press signature enter and are in signature screen it time stamps it, press it again to get out of signature screen and sheet as ni1 it would not come up late.

Like we told you, if you were there , and pressed sig enter, it would not have come up late. Period.
You don't have to hit the sig screen. As long as you Big Arrow Down, it is time stamped. If they decide to GPS your time stamps and see if you were actually at the location or not, you should be safe. There are customers that try and work the system who will not answer the door before the commit time and then argue that you were late. But GPS can prove otherwise.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
There you go; you went directly to sig. mode and bypassed the pkg detail screen. Even though the diad had scanned the pkg. and was be able to reproduce the IZ #, it had not been time stamped.

Don't do that.
I was always under the assumption that once the package was scanned then it's time-stamped! It can recognize a wrong address or GPS location so why not a time-stamp?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I had to work Saturday air this week and I am a cover driver. I told them Friday I did not want to do it but for some reason both our air drivers got the day off which is bull:censored2:. So I worked as the only person delivering Saturday with 39 stops, 43 packages, and did 90 miles. They were lucky I only had 1 late air because I could have easily had 3 or 4 with that many miles. If a sup confronts me about having late air I will laugh in their face. Dont be worried about having late air if you were given too much work to get done in time.

Also, if that was your 6th work day you should get OT for all hours worked. At least thats how it is our contract. So make sure they code you correctly so you get your $$$

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I'm expecting a slap on the wrist Monday morning.
I just recently started doing Sat Airs and I've been a CD since August. Yesterday I found myself in an apartment complex I didn't know with only 5 minutes left to deliver the last air. I sheeted the package and was in signature mode before noon after I found the apartment. The entry was a callbox and the resident wasn't home so when I came out of signature mode it was 12:03 and the air was now late.

Thoughts?

I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to make extra $$$ on Saturdays.

Moving forward scan at the delivery stop good luck!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I had to work Saturday air this week and I am a cover driver. I told them Friday I did not want to do it but for some reason both our air drivers got the day off which is bull:censored2:. So I worked as the only person delivering Saturday with 39 stops, 43 packages, and did 90 miles. They were lucky I only had 1 late air because I could have easily had 3 or 4 with that many miles. If a sup confronts me about having late air I will laugh in their face. Dont be worried about having late air if you were given too much work to get done in time.

Also, if that was your 6th work day you should get OT for all hours worked. At least thats how it is our contract. So make sure they code you correctly so you get your $$$
If it's your 6th punch as a cover driver you would be over 40 so it'd be all overtime regardless of 6th day.
I've never understood why people don't want the easy Saturday money. Make 200 bucks before most people wake up, yes please.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Not all the time. I am the lowest seniority driver right now so I only get a 4 hour guarantee and most days I get a junk route with mostly resies so I usually get 5-7 hours a day

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not all the time. I am the lowest seniority driver right now so I only get a 4 hour guarantee and most days I get a junk route with mostly resies so I usually get 5-7 hours a day
Interesting. I've never heard of a cover driver that doesn't have an 8 hour guarantee on days they work, what supplement are you under?

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
If it's your 6th punch as a cover driver you would be over 40 so it'd be all overtime regardless of 6th day.
I've never understood why people don't want the easy Saturday money. Make 200 bucks before most people wake up, yes please.
I punch a different code into the DIAD Saturdays. I'm normally 3C as a Cover Driver. Would my 6th day be considered all overtime being over 40?

Question...when you first scanned it, did you immediately hit Big Arrow Down to get into the package screen? Or did you simply scan it, locate the apartment and THEN go to the package screen to start the signature process?

It's been my understanding that the time isn't stamped until you hit Big Arrow Down to enter the package screen...not by just scanning the package. If you scanned the package in the truck and then took a couple minutes to locate the apartment before entering the package screen, you might have screwed yourself. (But I've been wrong before).
You are correct. Scan,big arrow down and then you are "locked in".

Rack em

Made the Podium
Interesting. I've never heard of a cover driver that doesn't have an 8 hour guarantee on days they work, what supplement are you under?
Western region
I punch a different code into the DIAD Saturdays. I'm normally 3C as a Cover Driver. Would my 6th day be considered all overtime being over 40?
When i was a "utility" driver my code was 3C, now that I'm full time I am either code 05 or 06. Are you a full time driver?