Cover Driver layoffs, Supervisor Treatment

Pjo

Hello, im new to this but here i go. I've been a Ups employee for around 7 years, around 4 years ago i was given the oppurtunity to go cover driving. 3 years later i got laid off (sent back to my twilight shift). I never became a full time utility driver. When i got sent back to my twilight area the Superviser said that i had lost all of my senority. He says the new hires who started a week ago have more senority than me. Is this True? Second, This "SUPERVISER" Has done nothing but treat me with disrespect from the moment i came back. He yells obsenities, tells workers off. I am personally getting fed up with his act. i dont want to lose my job by saying something back but i keep finding it harder and harder to keep quiet. I NEED HELP. WHAT CAN I DO?

Ghost in the Darkness

As far as job choice on twilight I would think its based on where they put you. As far as working at all, you can't be laid off if a less seniority employee is working. Preload, twilight, cover driving and exception air driving are all part-time positions so you can't lose your place because you worked them... our cover drivers that worked preload go back to preload and work when they aren't needed for driving.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's all about company seniority as PT'er. Goto your steward or union rep and tell them that you are a new-hire and being treated as such by your supervisors. File a grievance for anything you have lost, including new-hires working later than you, or whatever your seniority gripe. There is a phone number you can call if you feel your supervisor is harrassing, intimidating or generally not treating yourself and co-workers right.

Braveheart

It's all about company seniority as PT'er. Goto your steward or union rep and tell them that you are a new-hire and being treated as such by your supervisors. File a grievance for anything you have lost, including new-hires working later than you, or whatever your seniority gripe. There is a phone number you can call if you feel your supervisor is harrassing, intimidating or generally not treating yourself and co-workers right.
1-800-220-4126

It may be full.

Keep trying.

Take notes with dates and witnesses.

Stay strong.

I have been hear about 20 years.

Seen them come. Seen them go.

Still here getting paid.