Cover driver sales lead?

sano

I just feel the cover driver should show a little respect to the driver who bid the route.
Maybe the bid driver has too much work. Maybe he doesn't want more overtime.
By submitting that lead, the cover driver is forcing unwanted overtime onto the bid driver. It's not right.
When that cover driver bids his own route, THEN I encourage him to turn in as many leads as he wants.
I have no respect for a driver that does not want the business to grow.
By submitting that lead the cover driver is one step closer to having his own bid route.
We have drivers laid off. If there is work there to be had please take it.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
As a cover driver you had better not be turning in sales leads until you talk to the bid route driver period

Be glad I don't run your route.... I would go out on my non driving days and go to EVERY business and turn in sales leads on YOUR route!

Remember when you retire one day, you will be relying on me and others to make sure you still get a check!!!:happy-very: So be glad that I/we have some initiative!

over9five

Staff member
Dilli, I've gone on and on??? I've posted twice... 7 sentences, 2 very short posts, my humble opinion just like everyone else does. I guess I should apologize for that?

Have you asked your boss just exactly what he intends to do if you don't submit a sales lead?

Cementups

Box Monkey
As a cover driver you had better not be turning in sales leads until you talk to the bid route driver period

I welcome it. And then when I get back my customers tell me what occurred and I turn in a sales lead on top of his. either we both get it or I get it. If the sales guy ask me about it, I tell him it is something i have been working on and he jumped me on it. Done deal.

SKAGITDRIVER

Reason being?

Wouldn't it be the polite thing to do to tell me some of your "shortcuts" that you take care of "your" customers with?

I ask the bid route driver how he runs the route and if the p/u times are correct as for sales leads it is still the polite thing to do and ask the bid route driver what he knows about that customer if he is unaware then turn it in be nice we are not suits

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What he intends to do is beside the point and frankly I really don't care about that either. But to answer your question, NO I didn't ask him. I was to busy trying to do my job COVERING someone elses rte. And you are right, so far as I can tell, I only see 2 posts. You, however, are the one the said "FORCING" unwanted overtime. No where did I see IMHO, no where did I see a smilie. It was a blunt statement. I chose to take it as an attack on me that I don't have a right to turn in a sales lead because I'm a utility driver. And though I might be patting myself on the back, you would want me as your utility driver because I DO care about my customers as much as you do.

I have never had an issue with you until now. I don't think that you are being fair to those of us that cover your backside. I don't expect an apology, nor do I require one. But know one thing, what you say next will be filed and remembered. IMHO!

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I ask the bid route driver how he runs the route and if the p/u times are correct as for sales leads it is still the polite thing to do and ask the bid route driver what he knows about that customer if he is unaware then turn it in be nice we are not suits

Thats fine...But, if I came to you one day and said " SKAG, I would like to turn in 3 sales leads on your route if you don't mind." What would you say?!

over9five

Staff member
If you give a driver unwanted pick-ups, is that not forced overtime?

(I don't require an apology either)

PS, I honestly was not directing my posts at anyone, and I've never used a smilie.

SKAGITDRIVER

ok once again I DO NOT DO NOT HAVE A ROUTE I am a cover driver . But if I did and you came to me about three sales leads and I knew nothing about them go for it but if I had been working on them I would say those are mine I have been working on them

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you give a driver unwanted pick-ups, is that not forced overtime?

(I don't require an apology either)

PS, I honestly was not directing my posts at anyone, and I've never used a smilie.
No. Forced overtime is the result of being over dispatched. Don't blame other drivers for something that management can fix with a few keystrokes.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And could you explain the concept of "unwanted pickups" in a little more detail? You do realize we have drivers laid off right?

over9five

Staff member
No. Forced overtime is the result of being over dispatched. Don't blame other drivers for something that management can fix with a few keystrokes.

Don't those keystrokes move the forced overtime from one driver to another?

If a pick-up is added to your route, they're just going to tell you to do it.