Cover driver vacation pay

How Now Brown Cow

I'm just wondering what rate other cover drivers get for their vacation weeks. In our center cover drivers get 20 hours at their inside rate. I've always thought this was pretty crappy. You spend all year getting top cover driver rate, but then you get hit with a huge pay cut when you take vacation. If you want to give me 20 hours for vacation, that's fine(I am part time after all), but I should get the same rate that I've been getting all year.

I'm in the Upstate/West New York area. I was looking through the last contract book and I saw this:
Vacation pay shall be paid employees at the classification at which they worked for the greatest number of days in the six (6) month period prior to their vacations. The vacation period shall be from January 1st through November 30th and December 25th through December 31st. vacation time shall be assigned at the discretion of the Employer and shall meet with the convenience of the individual employee whenever reasonably possible. For vacation selection only, vacation selection by Center seniority, within the building, classification shall prevail
I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like our cover drivers should get their cover driver rate during their vacation weeks. Last year I only worked inside for 5 weeks because of lack of work, I suspect this year will be around the same. I did ask a business agent today. He said it's always been at our inside rate, so I asked him what or who this language pertains to. He said he'll look into it and get back to me. So how does it work in your building?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Cover drivers here get whatever Rate they have earned thru full time progression at 45 hours and 50 hours for the optional week

robbdogg75

Southeast Region if a TCD has 155 or more reports in a calendar year, the driver will receive 40hrs a week vacation at his cover rate the following year, which is $27.46 here.

Ouch

Man I don't want to lie to you but it seems to me when I was part time if you had enough reports and picked your vacation under the drivers vacation list you were entitled to driver pay for that vacation week. 156 reports cover driving equals driver pay for your vacations. In fact I know I got driver pay. You may have to file article 60 sec g to get it but I think you would.