cover driver with questions on going ft

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Cover drivers get screwed in our center. Unless you are top four on the cover driver list you never drive only peak and a couple of days in summer yet they want you to be available everyday. I'd much rather start out at $18 an hour than put up with the bs of a lower seniority cover driver

I have my own route during peak and know about 6 routes. Cover the older drivers whenever they don't feel like working or on vacation.

I don't even show up in the morning unless they ask me to.

Browndriver5

I have my own route during peak and know about 6 routes. Cover the older drivers whenever they don't feel like working or on vacation.

I don't even show up in the morning unless they ask me to.

They won't let any driver take off in our center without an option day. The year before they did but last year they did not.

Cementups

Box Monkey
IMO they should be forced to use all of their paid time before taking any unpaid time.

I'm mostly with you on that. In particular because we have guys who will take those days off unpaid and then later on in the year they still have days to go hunting and such. But on the other hand, my dispatcher has called me and asked me if I wanted the day off and I told him sure, just put me in as a scheduled day off, aka no pay. But the ones I referred to in the first part were doing it every Monday since routes were cut and they felt like they were doing someone else a favor by letting them work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm mostly with you on that. In particular because we have guys who will take those days off unpaid and then later on in the year they still have days to go hunting and such. But on the other hand, my dispatcher has called me and asked me if I wanted the day off and I told him sure, just put me in as a scheduled day off, aka no pay. But the ones I referred to in the first part were doing it every Monday since routes were cut and they felt like they were doing someone else a favor by letting them work.

We have had situations where guys who take a ton of dead days have been given a paid day off later in the year over someone who rarely took time off and also had days left. That is why I say that we should be forced to use all of our paid time before taking dead days.