Cover Driver Woes

J Steele

I've been assigned a route that has zero overtime this year for peak. During the rest of the year I cover routes with lots of residential stops (overtime). I see seasonal hires going out with way more work. Being a lower seniority cover driver, what advice would you give?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Burn you route up a couple of days,get in around 1700 a couple of times and i can guarandamntee you that the rest of peak you will be working a bit of OT!

PT Car Washer

I've been assigned a route that has zero overtime this year for peak. During the rest of the year I cover routes with lots of residential stops (overtime). I see seasonal hires going out with way more work. Being a lower seniority cover driver, what advice would you give?
I would say enjoy the easy money. You have the best job. No OT during peak would be great.

box_beeyotch

Always call in after you're finished and ask if anyone needs help. Most days, especially this time of the year they will give up work without question.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Like others have mentioned ask if someone needs help. In the early afternoon it wouldn't be a bad day to ask if there are some pickups you can grab. There are some days where drivers are really going to get blown out with pickups. Especially with the UPS store. Or if there are some On Demands that need to get done where the driver may miss the commit.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

I'll bump you. You can do my route and I'll take the 8-and-skate.

tramtwo

I'm a TCD. Last year they moved the report time back to 9:30. That move took 5 hours of overtime a week away from me. Multiply that out by 10 weeks... cost me a little over 2k.