Cover drivers 8 hour days

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
PT drivers? Are you a part timer from January 1st to May 31st? Just curious.

As Far As I Know, If you're a driver you can request an 8 hour day. It doesn't matter if you are assigned to a route, or bid to cover a route, or are unassigned for the week.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That could be a big problem! we have a couple loops, with old :censored2:z like me In it. What would happen if we all got an 8 hour day? They couldnt do it
Not our problem. That's dispatch's problem to deal with. Requesting to only work 8 hours once or twice a month should not be this huge of a problem. Think about it. :censored2: It really irks me when they call me at home and say can you just take day off instead off 8 hour. Ummmm no!:madashell:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow. Come on Dave. Why. I am calling :bsbullf: This is one of the craziest things I've ever heard a driver say.

Believe what you will, I don't really care. I have never submitted an 8 hour request. Most of the time the events that I needed to get to were during the afternoon and I would just take my lunch there (softball/baseball game) or, if it were later that evening, I would run my lunch, change the board to 05 and get done early.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Believe what you will, I don't really care. I have never submitted an 8 hour request. Most of the time the events that I needed to get to were during the afternoon and I would just take my lunch there (softball/baseball game) or, if it were later that evening, I would run my lunch, change the board to 05 and get done early.
I'm currently viewing some of your posts in the way back machine around year 2000. Can't wait to prove u wrong. yes I'm bored. Lol. It's raining out and wife and kids are watching a Disney movie. Lol

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

JL 0513

Can part time cover drivers put in for 8 hour planned if there assigned to that route for the week?

Is this just for a specific day that you need to get home early? Just wondering since most cover drivers are in progression and don't make much. Don't you want the overtime?

Cementups

Box Monkey
That could be a big problem! we have a couple loops, with old :censored2:z like me In it. What would happen if we all got an 8 hour day? They couldnt do it

Like Johnny said, not your problem. 6 guys in a loop and all 6 ask for an 8 hour day.......it's UPS's problem to solve.

25 years in and I have also never requested an 8 hr day. If I ever needed to get done early I would run my lunch, change my board to 05 and deal with the fallout the following day.

I understand why you're doing that, but WHY?!!?!?

Is this just for a specific day that you need to get home early? Just wondering since most cover drivers are in progression and don't make much. Don't you want the overtime?

His money situation isn't any of your business. Maybe he/she can get by just fine on $16/hr. Most people do.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
that is one of the best posts I have ever read here
Yep this is my feelin exactly. Why in the world would I take a certain early day off? Call me on peak day and ill gladly stay home. On an 8.0 not likely.

The best is they get all pissed at you. Like how dare you try to work we are giving you the day off. Dumbasses probably think man we aren't working them hard enough if they don't want a day off.