Cover Drivers: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Steven, up until right now I have never had an issue with anything you have ever posted. Being a safety co-chair you should know better than this. What you and OIntl posted is nothing more than blatant peer pressure. It is unacceptable.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steven, up until right now I have never had an issue with anything you have ever posted. Being a safety co-chair you should know better than this. What you and OIntl posted is nothing more than blatant peer pressure. It is unacceptable.

OUCH! Take it easy, sistah. I wasn't trying to put pressure on you, was just telling it like I see/feel it, as usual. Didn't mean to make you feel bad about adjusting the mirrors, really, it's not that big of a deal. I was just stating, like the post above, that it's a pain in the butt. You do what you have to. Sorry for offending you with my opinion!:dissapointed:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Steve, I owe you an apology as well. It was not necessarily your post that was offensive although you did contribute to it. Intl was the one that said 'don't touch my mirrors'. It was his post that was offensive. So to you I apologize.

Intl, it's a good thing that I don't have to touch your mirrors b/c you would not like what I would do to them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, I owe you an apology as well. It was not necessarily your post that was offensive although you did contribute to it. Intl was the one that said 'don't touch my mirrors'. It was his post that was offensive. So to you I apologize.

Intl, it's a good thing that I don't have to touch your mirrors b/c you would not like what I would do to them.

We're cool, dilli, I'm still up for that moonshot.:wink2: That reminds me of a guy at my building. He got pissed that the driver next to his route was always done before him, so when he backed his car in, he'd "adjust" the other driver's mirrors. The way he did it made me think of trying to unscramble a rubix cube, LOL.

feeder53

ADKtrails
In feeders, I get there 15 minutes before my shift starts and clean my tractor, as I have to spend a lot of time in it. I have found some units were trashed but for the most part they where clean. When I leave, I leave the unit clean too.

sexyupsman

Not that I work for UPS. I need to make it clear I have relations with UPS. My driver of course has cover drivers and some are quite messy! I had the great pleasure of watching one of his covers drop an entire bowl of some mess on the stairwell of the truck. The dude kicked some out and left the rest. He said the guys will get it later. Well he came back the next day and the stuff was still there. I told him my driver was very neat and clean so maybe he should clean up. The guy was a dick. The good news is that I have never seen this guy again.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That the way I feel about my pkg car. One of the guys that covers my route is like 6'5" tall. I always have to readjust the seat, the visor and worst of all, MY MIRROR's!

I swear to God that the guy who parks my truck at night must be a nearsighted dwarf with scoliosis. He moves the truck 50 ft. and needs to move all four mirrors, adjust the seat all the way up and in, and rotate the lumbar support inward. I spend 5 min of AM time trying to get everything back to normal.

I swear to God that the guy who parks my truck at night must be a nearsighted dwarf with scoliosis. He moves the truck 50 ft. and needs to move all four mirrors, adjust the seat all the way up and in, and rotate the lumbar support inward. I spend 5 min of AM time trying to get everything back to normal.
More than once I have gotten into a truck with 5-6 feet clearance on both sides and the mirrors are pulled all the way in to the side of the truck. I never could figure that one out.lol

some1else

Banned
More than once I have gotten into a truck with 5-6 feet clearance on both sides and the mirrors are pulled all the way in to the side of the truck. I never could figure that one out.lol
have you ever worked carwash? if you are parking the cars do you fold the mirrors when you get out of each one; or wait till you pull the next one in, turn it off, fold the mirrors from the last one you parked, get back in, start it, then back it up, and repeat? lol when i did cw i folded every mirror that was going to have a truck parked beside it.

have you ever worked carwash? if you are parking the cars do you fold the mirrors when you get out of each one; or wait till you pull the next one in, turn it off, fold the mirrors from the last one you parked, get back in, start it, then back it up, and repeat? lol when i did cw i folded every mirror that was going to have a truck parked beside it.
Well hell, as long as it's easier on the car parkers, I don't mind spending 15 minutes at the Mechanics shop getting my mirrors readjusted so I can see. That's cool.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
When I had my own route in package I didn't care if the cover burned my route to the ground. If somone could do the route faster than me, and take lunch, I would be impressed. Not taking a lunch is the only thing that would get me angry. As for management comparing me to the cover, go ahead. Though they never did compare me unfavorably, if they did, my answer to them would be to figure out a way to take me off the route and let them do it. I also kept a clean truck so I didn't like it when slobs used it, but as long as they didn't urinate in it I wouldn't make an issue of it.

As for being a spare in feeder, I heard little birds in my ear telling me I should slow down. This was by people I consider to be time stealers though. Feeder has enough down time in it when you are waiting on loads that to actually try to do the job slower is ridiculous.

When people accuse you of going too fast don't listen to them. Well, as long as you are following the methods. If your not, you are not being fair to the regular driver. In the end though, you feed your family, not them. We all need to do what we need to do to survive working here.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I have 2 primary cover drivers, one who does a really good job and the other who should be serving fries at Mickey D's. The former knows that I am slightly OCD so he takes the time to pick up after himself but, more importantly, takes care of the customers and, in turn, I tell him most (but not all) of my tips. The latter is on his cell phone the minute he pulls from the bldg, chain smokes and does not know the meaning of "indirect delivery". I am off today and former is covering my area so I will probably meet him at Dunkin Donuts and buy him a coffee.

I have a pickup stop that the girls there really look forward to when I take days off so that former can cover my area. I didn't tell them about today as I wanted to surprise them when he walks in.
So have you trained "your" cover drivers to go in an hour early to sort the truck??