Cover Driving

Browndriver5

Question for you guys. I've been working at UPS 4 yrs, I had a second job as a freight broker and quit because I was told by my supervisor to come drive for his center (we have two centers in our building) well I was originally signed up for the center that has more routes on it and is in a growing area. Well come to find out my supervisor went around and recruited others around the center for the less populated area as well. Needless to say now that I'm on the side that I will hardly get to drive other than peak season is there any way I can get switched to the other side?

Browndriver5

See I'm not sure I start driving Monday and my supervisor told me how much I should expect to drive throughout the year but I'm not seeing it with the numbers and amount of volume we get on that side of the center

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
See I'm not sure I start driving Monday and my supervisor told me how much I should expect to drive throughout the year but I'm not seeing it with the numbers and amount of volume we get on that side of the center
You might want to ask, because if your a fulltime employee they have to give you 8 hours of work per the contract. Doesn't matter how you get it whether it be a combination of preload- local sort or driving, your entitled to your 8 hours.

PT Car Washer

My building also has two centers but for lay off purposes it goes by building seniority. Depending on your seniority you can bump other drivers in the other center. But only if you are a FT seniority driver.