cover up

barnyard

KTM rider
You do not really know there is a cover up though.

It could be that the accident was called in and their supe said not to go any further than that.

Just because you did not hear them report it does not mean that it was not reported.

JL 0513

30 to life, would you mind forming sentences using capital letters, punctuation, etc...? This will make your posts readable, thanks.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You do not really know there is a cover up though.

It could be that the accident was called in and their supe said not to go any further than that.

Just because you did not hear them report it does not mean that it was not reported.
In my case I know it wasn't reported because I was in one of the vehicles (parked) and when I asked if the sup was going to come out and write it up and take a statement from me the sup said "The DM wants to play it by ear" and that was the end of it.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
They just fired a preloader in my building for gross insubordination a cardinal sin for not putting up a piece of paper on the back of a pkg car that's the type of stuff that ticks me off its like when you were a kid at a playground and playing a game with a ball and the kid who owned the ball made all the rules and changed them when it suited him at least you could beat his :censored2:

Haha. Oh I remember that phase. It will pass, if you let it.

Back in the day, I almost got fired when I was angry all of the time. I was determined to make all wrongs right. It made me bitter and hell to be around. An older guy set me straight. He told me to only worry about protecting myself and let the little things pass. And everything, he said, that didn't directly concern me was a little thing.

I had a friend of mine in feeders who was telling me how irritated he was that another driver was sleeping extra time without clocking out while he and I were constantly being harassed about everything we did, while we did it by the book. The driver he was pissed about is an ass kisser and is on the safety committee. My friend said that since we were getting a load of crap while the other driver was doing his own thing, he said he was thinking about telling a high up feeder manager what the safety driver was up to.

I told my friend to forget all of that. It's not our job to turn in another union brother, no matter what kind scumbag he or she is. That's not our place.

Same goes for management. Let them trip over themselves, or better yet, stop worrying about it. Life is full of people like these and we could make ourselves sick thinking about them.

But why do that? It's been my experience that life is much easier when it is simplified. Why complicate it with things you have no control over? My buddy let it get the better of him and bid off that job when he really shouldn't have. That was his choice, though.

If I were you, I would just let it pass. Ignore people like this. Life ain't fair, and it never will be. So why obsess about it? Cover your ass, and file grievances when they directly affect you, but stay on your side of your personal barrier. If it bugs you that much about this guy, just remember, if he's cutting corners this big, he thinks he can get away with it, and it WILL get him in the long run.

But even if it doesn't, who cares? As long as his check clears every Friday, you're winning, man. Chances are, his stupidity is adding on to that check.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
I the sup said "The DM wants to play it by ear" and that was the end of it.

So it was reported to the DM and the DM decided it did not need to be reported. The local people did what needed to be done, so it ended.

I was rear-ended a few months back. There was damage to both vehicles, but none of it was going to be repaired. My bosses reported it up the chain and someone up the chain decided that it did not need to be called in, so it was not.

In the end, I did not care whether it was reported or not, it was unavoidable, so I just shrugged my shoulders. Not my problem.

30 to life,

Although it may seem that way that is not necessarily true.

In businesses where general work rules exist then all employees are required to follow them, management employees as well.

Management employees are actually supposed to set the example with regards to following general work rules.

In a large corporation it is even more important that management employees follow the work rules established by the corporate leadership.

Sincerely,
I
Just like they,honor the contract?

sincerely, IVE

Returntosender

MOBILE, Alabama -- A Mobile County jury granted a man a $1 million award for damages after a car accident with a UPS delivery truck two years ago.
"UPS is disappointed with the jury's verdict and we are evaluating whether we are going to appeal," said Susan Rosenberg, a spokesperson at the corporate office in Atlanta. "Because it's so recent our lawyers need time to study the elements of the verdict." "Even after its driver admitted fault, UPS was not willing to accept responsibility. UPS spent 2 ½ years litigating the case and wanted the jury to believe that Mr. Simoneau was to blame for not seeing and avoiding its delivery truck," Tufts said

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/2014/08/jury_awards_man_1_million_verd.html

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So it was reported to the DM and the DM decided it did not need to be reported. The local people did what needed to be done, so it ended.
Right, but the point is they didn't do the paperwork because it suited them. There was significant property damage.

UPSGUY72

I just found out my center manager and driver sup covered up an accident two months ago would you use this as leverage or get them fired

What kind of accident was it ? It must of only involved a UPS vehicle and a stationary object that wasn't damaged or a tree or tree branch.

I would mind your own business you could say something and report it but than again management could start reporting every little bump and scratch you and your fellow brother and sisters do to a UPS vehicle as an accident....

What kind of accident was it ? It must of only involved a UPS vehicle and a stationary object that wasn't damaged or a tree or tree branch.

I would mind your own business you could say something and report it but than again management could start reporting every little bump and scratch you and your fellow brother and sisters do to a UPS vehicle as an accident....
Ive watch many sups,get walked out the door. sooner or later,they will hang themselves.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Somebody hit one of the mechanics tool boxes and the mechanic reported the damage to the del sup and center mg they never called in the accident so it doesn't go against the buildings numbers if we break a mirror it's an accident
You break a mirror you go to the mechanics bay and let them know about it and they will replace it for you=no accident, that's what a smart driver does just saying lol.

UPSGUY72

You break a mirror you go to the mechanics bay and let them know about it and they will replace it for you=no accident, that's what a smart driver does just saying lol.

Mirror are free in my area unless someone hit it while you were parked delivering. With that been said I have never heard of a mirror getting hit by another vehicle on the road.

I have heard and seen there car washers/ parkers break them, tree branches break them and road signs sticking to far out in the road break one.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm one of those people that can let things slide if it doesn't apply to me. But in this case I can't help but wonder how many other people (drivers or supervisors) have been fired for not reporting an accident.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mirror are free in my area unless someone hit it while you were parked delivering. With that been said I have never heard of a mirror getting hit by another vehicle on the road.

I have heard and seen there car washers/ parkers break them, tree branches break them and road signs sticking to far out in the road break one.
I clipped mirrors with a propane delivery truck on a narrow country road. We were both on our side. Mirrors clipped by about 1/4 inch. center manager said write it up on your DVIR tonight.

oldngray

nowhere special

Mirrors DO get hit by other vehicles. It definitely happens when you park in alleys or tight streets. Or even backed up to a dock and another truck hits you. Very common occurrence.