cover up

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Mirrors are a green tag item these days, so they have to be charged out to a vehicle on the mechanic's time card. That will leave a record if somebody cares to investigate.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend just asking a mechanic to do it. Be honest. Worst cast scenario you get fired if you have a target on your back and you likely get your job back at panel for it being such a minor thing if no recklessness.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I AM cool, but more than a few of the drivers have tried to throw me under the bus for their lack of communication skills. I will not cover for somebody who may stab me in the back the next day.

Packmule

Sounds like the mechanic is the one who should be reporting this coverup. As a driver, if I personally witnessed it, and it happened.... Yesterday.
Maybe.

Packmule

If the mechanic is made whole and there was no damage to the PC or any other property why report it?
None. But this should be something we all can do, including mailboxes etc. if a guy can make it right, let him. Otherwise don't give management option to pick and choose who gets to fix it and who gets hung out to dry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who says you can't make a side deal with the mailbox owner and not report it. You can do anything you think you can get away with.

We had a driver who hit one of those portable basketball goals. Made a side deal with the kid who was outside playing. Kid's father didn't approve of side deal. Driver had a 3 day unpaid vacation.

That being said, I have a few stories on this subject that are best kept to myself until I retire.

PT Car Washer

We had a driver who hit one of those portable basketball goals. Made a side deal with the kid who was outside playing. Kid's father didn't approve of side deal. Driver had a 3 day unpaid vacation.

That being said, I have a few stories on this subject that are best kept to myself until I retire.
I think we all do. Hard to be perfect everyday.

UPSGUY72

I just write them up as cracked mirror weather it's a little crack or the glass is missing.
And so... How many circle of honor patches do you think we're REALLY earned.

Disclaimer --- I don't mean to take anything away from the circle of honor drivers we can not give them enough credit for the number of years of safe driving they have accomplished.

Remember 25 years of safe driving doesn't mean they didn't have an accident in 25 years. It just means they have had 25 years of no avoidable accidents, not necessarily in a row.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just surviving 15 to 20 years nowadays is amazing. Welcome to the new UPS, its not a 30 year job anymore 20 max for all the new hires after the year 2010

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just surviving 15 to 20 years nowadays is amazing. Welcome to the new UPS, its not a 30 year job anymore 20 max for all the new hires after the year 2010
:bsbullf: the vast majority is not going to put 20 years in this hellhole and then bail...unless they are disabled and forced out, regardless of when they started.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I think we all do. Hard to be perfect everyday.
Yeah I have a "friend" who has gotten backed into by another box truck at a dock, backed into by a snowplow and hit by a drunk driver on the side of the rear bumper, all with no damage to UPS property and all with no fault to my friend, but it's hard to not get hit by all the dummies who aren't as cautious as we are.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
:bsbullf: the vast majority is not going to put 20 years in this hellhole and then bail...unless they are disabled and forced out, regardless of when they started.
That's what you think, try that driving thing everyday day in and day out for days,months,years and youll see what im talking about with the beating of your joints.